Latest Album Purchases

matt schrauben

Curse You All Men!
Jan 24, 2006
Westphalia, MI
www.silentlapse.com
Post your latest album purchases here.

My list from last year (as much as I can remember). 2012 was a good year.

Woods Of Ypres - Woods 5: Grey Skies & Electric Light
Emperor - Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk
Ulver - Bergtatt
Nightwish - Imaginarium
Dimmu Borgir- Stormblast (original version)
Borknagar – Urd
Startovarious - Elysium
Lacuna Coil - Dark Adernaline
Ihsahn - Emerita
Eluveitie – Helvetios
Hammerfall – Glory to the Brave
Hammerfall – Crimson Thunder
Hammerfall – Legacy of Kings
Hammerfall - Renegade
Katatonia - Dead End Kings
Apokalyptic Raids - Only Death is Real...
Dark Fortress - Eidolon
Lugubrum - De Totem
Naglfar - Pariah
Night Conquers Day - The First Snowfall
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Dio - Last in Line
In Flames - The Jester Race (Reloaded)
Rhapsody of Fire - Cold Embrace of Fear
Rhapsody of Fire - From Chaos to Eternity
Cannibal Corpse - Tomb of the Mutilated
Cannibal Corpse - Torture
Nachtmystrium - Silencing Machine
Sonata Arctica – Stones Grow Her Name
Advent Sorrow – Before the Dimming Light EP
As I Lay Dying - The Powerless Rise
Demon Hunter - True Defience.
Amorphis - The Beginning of Times
Shadows Fall - Fire from the Sky

I’m pretty sure that covers it. A good year.

What’s everyone else buying?

2012 was a great year for music...

In no Particular Order,

Gojira - L'Enfant Sauvage
Ben Folds Five - The sound of life of the mind
Bend Sinister - Small Frame
Devin Townsend Project - Epicloud
Periphery - Periphery 2
Between The Buried and Me - The Parralax 2
Twelve Foot Ninja - Silent Machine
The Pineapple Thief - All the Wars
Flying Colors - Flying Colors
Adrenaline Mob - Omerta
Neal Morse - Momentum
Muse - The 2nd Law
Stone Sour - House of Gold and Bones
Kill Devil Hill - Kill Devil Hill
Slash - Apocalyptic Love
Coheed and Cambria - Aftermath
Rush - Clockwork Angels
Anathema - Weather Systems
Storm Corrosion -Storm Corrosion
Soen - Cognitive
Lamb of God - Resolution
Testament - Dark Roots on Earth
Tremonti - All i Was
Katatonia - Dead end Kings
OSI - Fire Make Thunder
Against the Wall - Things are not like they said
Jeff Loomis - Plains of Oblivion
The Safety Fire - Grind The Ocean
Meshuggah - Koloss
Baroness - Yellow and Green

I think i'm missing some, but it was fun to think back on 2012.

Also there are a lot of bands i discorvered this year where I had to go and purchase there back catalog. The one that sticks out to me though would be The Intersphere. They are an alternative prog rock type of band.. Very catchy songs. I highly recommend.

Also it's nice to see there are still people that buy music!

2012 was a great year for music...

In no Particular Order,

Gojira - L'Enfant Sauvage
Ben Folds Five - The sound of life of the mind
Bend Sinister - Small Frame
Devin Townsend Project - Epicloud
Periphery - Periphery 2
Between The Buried and Me - The Parralax 2
Twelve Foot Ninja - Silent Machine
The Pineapple Thief - All the Wars
Flying Colors - Flying Colors
Adrenaline Mob - Omerta
Neal Morse - Momentum
Muse - The 2nd Law
Stone Sour - House of Gold and Bones
Kill Devil Hill - Kill Devil Hill
Slash - Apocalyptic Love
Coheed and Cambria - Aftermath
Rush - Clockwork Angels
Anathema - Weather Systems
Storm Corrosion -Storm Corrosion
Soen - Cognitive
Lamb of God - Resolution
Testament - Dark Roots on Earth
Tremonti - All i Was
Katatonia - Dead end Kings
OSI - Fire Make Thunder
Against the Wall - Things are not like they said
Jeff Loomis - Plains of Oblivion
The Safety Fire - Grind The Ocean
Meshuggah - Koloss
Baroness - Yellow and Green

I think i'm missing some, but it was fun to think back on 2012.

Also there are a lot of bands i discorvered this year where I had to go and purchase there back catalog. The one that sticks out to me though would be The Intersphere. They are an alternative prog rock type of band.. Very catchy songs. I highly recommend.

Also it's nice to see there are still people that buy music!

Your taste in music rules.

I heard the new Meshuggah and Testament were AMAZING. I've been meaning to get my hands on them but haven't done so yet. What did you think of them.

I had a down year for music purchases. My plan of using streaming services to scope out new music to buy has not held up as I'd planned.

Katatonia- Dead End Kings
In Flames - Sounds of a playground fading
Mumford & Sons - Babel
Chevelle- Sci-Fi Crimes
The Lumineers - The Lumineers
I also bought albums from Locals Deveraux, Hollow Drive, and Condition: Critical.

I really want to be forgetting something, but I don't think I am. Damn.

Your taste in music rules.

I heard the new Meshuggah and Testament were AMAZING. I've been meaning to get my hands on them but haven't done so yet. What did you think of them.

They were both amazing.

The messhuggah is probably the best they've ever done imo.. Mainly because I think the production is a lot better than what they've done in the past.. The guitars aren't so tinny and scooped like they've been in the past.. The songs are great too. Meshuggah just writes cool riffs..

The new testament was great too. Production is top notch.. I think andy sneap did the album??
I don't like it quite as much as The formation of Damnation, but that one is one of the best thrash albums of all time i think.

They were both amazing.

The messhuggah is probably the best they've ever done imo.. Mainly because I think the production is a lot better than what they've done in the past.. The guitars aren't so tinny and scooped like they've been in the past.. The songs are great too. Meshuggah just writes cool riffs..

The new testament was great too. Production is top notch.. I think andy sneap did the album??
I don't like it quite as much as The formation of Damnation, but that one is one of the best thrash albums of all time i think.

I haven't listened to much Testament besides 'The Legacy' which is a shame because they have really good material. I'll have to pick it up.

Have you ever checked out Eric Peterson's side project Dragonlord? It's pretty solid. It's a mix of black and thrash metal.

I had a down year for music purchases. My plan of using streaming services to scope out new music to buy has not held up as I'd planned.

Katatonia- Dead End Kings
In Flames - Sounds of a playground fading
Mumford & Sons - Babel
Chevelle- Sci-Fi Crimes
The Lumineers - The Lumineers
I also bought albums from Locals Deveraux, Hollow Drive, and Condition: Critical.

I really want to be forgetting something, but I don't think I am. Damn.

I've been meaning to get the mumford n sons cd everytime i go to best buy or fye, but I always end up getting something else.

I haven't listened to much Testament besides 'The Legacy' which is a shame because they have really good material. I'll have to pick it up.

Have you ever checked out Eric Peterson's side project Dragonlord? It's pretty solid. It's a mix of black and thrash metal.

I haven't even heard of it! I will check it out tonight. Thanks for the recommendation .

This March brings new Soilwork, Sevendust, and Frank Turner. Considering the new single being out and the album done, I expect new Alice in Chains soon after. Each of which are on my "buy this album immediately" shortlist. Which reminds me, I also got Hurt's "The Crux." It was okay.

Picked up Yesterday:

Dragonforce - The Power Within

They have a new singer and he's a lot better. He can hit the high notes but has an awesome mid range vocal that he uses a lot. These guys have changed quite a bit since their breakthrough album, Sonic Firestorm. There are still the fast sections that Dragonforce is known for, but they are fewer and farther between with many mid tempo sections. Some songs are entirely mid tempo. The 3 minute plus solo sections of pure wankery that they used to be known for are completely gone, save for one of the songs and it’s really not all that long. It seems they have matured quite a bit and are focused more on writing good songs rather than showing off. I’d recommend it; I like it a lot thus far.

I might have to give them another chance..

I could never get into dragon force for that exact reason.. After you listen to one song you've listened to them all.

I might have to give them another chance..

I could never get into dragon force for that exact reason.. After you listen to one song you've listened to them all.

I don’t think they got that way until they came out with Inhuman Rampage. If you listen to their debut album ‘Valley of the Damned’ you’ll notice a bit more variety too, although the songwriting still isn’t quite there. Sonic Firestorm was an awesome album if you ask me. They really uped the speed, intensity, and the songs were written really well. Then they came out with 2 more albums that were pretty much Sonic Firestorm 2.0 and 3.0 but the songwriting was worse because those albums were all about their guitarists showing off. It got old and they got stagnant.

You should give them another shot. Go stream the new album when you get a chance, I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

I also pre-ordered the new Thrawsunblat album "Canada 2010". This is Joel Violette's from Woods of Ypres band. After being written are ready for release for over 2 years they are finally releasing it. Also, David Gold played the drums on the album.

Should be at my doorstep on 2/13!

Just ordered on Amazon:

Allen/Lande - The Battle

I have heard about half this album on Pandora and it’s nothing short of amazing. I’ll give a thorough synopsis of the album after my usual 5 listens.

How did this project slip past me???!?!?

Listening to "The Revenge" album now and i love it.

Any new updates anyone? Got my Allen/Lande album in the mail yesterday. It's sweet as hell.

Heard some Pathfinder recently, they have been bumped toward the top of my list of albums to purchase next. I also want to get the rest of Sonata Arctica's back catalog.

Haven't gotten anything new in the last few weeks, but I just got my tickets to go see Steven Wilson at the House of Blues in Cleveland.. Pretty pumped about that.. Also about to buy my tickets for the Opeth, Katatonia show at the machine shop!

Haven't gotten anything new in the last few weeks, but I just got my tickets to go see Steven Wilson at the House of Blues in Cleveland.. Pretty pumped about that.. Also about to buy my tickets for the Opeth, Katatonia show at the machine shop!

I just bought tickets for the Opeth/Katatonia show yesterday!

Scott is going as well so we'll see you there!