Latest Album Purchases

I need more albums. I have a list going at work of what albums I need to buy. Not sure where to start though. I am going to accomplish these two things this year though:

Buy the rest of Opeth's Discography

Buy the rest of Sonata Arctica's Discography

It's actaully stupid as to why I don't own most of these bands discographies given how much I love these two bands. The problem mostly is their back catalog isn't readily available in most stores, so I'll have to rummage about on amazon.

IMO opeth didn't come into their own until Still Life.. There are some good moments on orchid and my arms your hearse, but nothing compares to how their sound developed on Still Life..
Also if you don't have black water park shame on you! That is my personal favorite.

But really anything from still life moving forward is top notch.

I'm not really familiar with sonata arctica.. I will have to give them a 2nd listen.

IMO opeth didn't come into their own until Still Life.. There are some good moments on orchid and my arms your hearse, but nothing compares to how their sound developed on Still Life..
Also if you don't have black water park shame on you! That is my personal favorite.

But really anything from still life moving forward is top notch.

I'm not really familiar with sonata arctica.. I will have to give them a 2nd listen.

I don't have blackwater park... technically. I do own a live DVD/CD where they play the whole album live. But yeah, I'm splurging on their entire discography.

I think Morningrise is an outstanding album by Opeth. I think they were into their own pretty much from the start. Granted, they didn't develop the sound they had on later releases until Still Life.

Just heard the new single from Killswitch Engage.. I never really got into them but checked this out because Andy Sneap produced/mixed it.. Sounds pretty rad.

Just got the Serenity album in the mail. It’s sweet so far, but has gotten better with each listen, which is always a good sign. I think I’ll be ordering Weather Systems soon. You can get it on Amazon for $7.50 plus the purchase comes with a free mp3 version of the album so I can still listen to it while I wait for it to come.

Pinnick, Gales, Pridgen.. A great Heavy blues album that just came out today.. Doug Pinnick from King's X, Eric Gales (i think he is just a solo artist guy) and Thomas Pridgen used to be in Mars Volta.. It's great stuff.

Also, still waiting on the Thrawsunblat album... :bah:

It's being shipped from Canada, so it might take a while to arrive. I know the last time I ordered stuff from Canada it took quite some time. You would think being in Michigan, that it would be a bit quicker. Guess that isn't the case.

Thrawsunblat came in the mail a little over a week ago. It's good, and it gets better with each listen.

Recently picked up: Immortal - Pure Holocaust.

If you like your music Grim and Frostbitten, there are few albums that do it better.

Steven Wilson - The Raven that Refused to Sing
If you are in any way into what i'd call Jazz/Fusion/Prog get this album. It is fantastic. Plus Marco Minnemann on Drums and Guthrie Govan on guitar. Some of the best at their craft.

Yes it is... Heritage, the storm corrosion album, and now this new all have a similar feel to them.

The title track Raven that refused to sing is one of the most beautiful songs i've ever heard.

Been a while since I have updated.

Latest purchases:

Soilwork - The Living Infinite
Nile - At the Gate of Sethu
Paysage D'hiver - Paysage D'hiver
Stratovarius - Nemesis
Wintersun - Time I
Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse

I think that's it so far.