Latest Album Purchases

I ordered a copy of some 'weird' prog metal band from Michigan, hope to get it in the mail soon! ;) ;)

Anyone else excited about the new Carcass coming out this fall?

Can't say i've heard of them.

Got my copy of Birthright in the mail yesterday; thx for signing it!! Was a bit baffled about Taylor's arrow to the baby boy on the cover! (hahaha) Good call!

Also got Koinonia's More than a feelin' & Celebration on vinyl. Abe on bass is massive! Wish my bass playing was like his ... (sigh)

Can't say i've heard of them.

Got my copy of Birthright in the mail yesterday; thx for signing it!! Was a bit baffled about Taylor's arrow to the baby boy on the cover! (hahaha) Good call!

Also got Koinonia's More than a feelin' & Celebration on vinyl. Abe on bass is massive! Wish my bass playing was like his ... (sigh)

You've seriously have never heard of Carcass? Ever heard of Michael Amott, they guitarist in Arch Enemy? Well he was in Carcass before he formed Arch Enemy. Carcass was a revolutionary grindcore band when they first came out in the mid 80s playing really noisy stuff with heavy emphasis on gory/gross lyrics. Something quite cliché today in the brutal/slam death metal/grindcore genres, but back then NOBODY was doing anything like they were.

They eventually evolved into a Death Metal band and are considered one of the first, if not the first melodic death metal bands, essentially pioneering an entire new genre that inspired great bands like In Flames, At the Gates, Dark Tranquility, etc.

At this point I more or less have every CD I want from what's out there, so to satisfy my need to get 'new' music, i'm going to be 'upgrading' some of the cds I have by replacing them with imported versions that have bonus tracks.

Soilwork - The Panic Broadcast (Either the japan import or NB Mailorder edition, I'm not sure which. It has 13 tracks and a DVD though, I know that much).

If you are in to alternative rock music in the vein of muse or dredg check out the album Watching, Waiting, Wanting by Sketching in Stereo... I was friends with this band while i was living in Phoenix a few years back. It's all very catchy music with great keyboard work and tasty guitar solos.. Quick fun fact... The keyboard and guitar player in this band do all the transcription tab books for dream theater.

http://sketchinginstereo.bandcamp.com/

Just got Pylon's 2cd version today!

image_preview.php

(How come i can't get the pic in the thread??)

2 Pÿlon CDs in the mail today, Doom and Armoury Of God! Together with a limited Pÿlon guitar pick. Now that's what i call a Happy Mail!

I just got the picture vinyl of Red Silent Tides by Elvenking. It's wicked nice. I definitely wouldn't be opposed to start collecting picture vinyl. My next picture vinyl acquisition will probably be Hell Frost by The Unguided.

I just got the picture vinyl of Red Silent Tides by Elvenking. It's wicked nice. I definitely wouldn't be opposed to start collecting picture vinyl. My next picture vinyl acquisition will probably be Hell Frost by The Unguided.

Picture discs are pretty cool. But I much perfer colored vinyl. Picture discs often only come in a poly bag and don't always play the best. My Amon Amarth one plays well with the exception of the surface noise. It has more than a usual vinyl does. I'd take color, 180 gram+ vinyl in a full jacket with lyric sheet any day of the week over a pic disc. The new Extol album I got is a white 180 gram vinyl and sounds amazing. Almost 0 surface noise.

Then again, I buy vinyl both because it looks awesome and to listen to it. When I'm at home, vinyl is about all I ever play.

Picture discs are pretty cool. But I much perfer colored vinyl. Picture discs often only come in a poly bag and don't always play the best. QUOTE]

I'll probably never play any picture vinyls I get. I don't have a record player but they look fuckin sweet so they'll make nice decorative pieces lol.

I'll probably never play any picture vinyls I get. I don't have a record player but they look fuckin sweet so they'll make nice decorative pieces lol.

They do make great decorative pieces. I also like A5 digibooks, I got some of those that I use for decorative pieces.

Latest purchase:

Deafheaven - Sunbather (2LP, 1 vinyl is red, the other is gold.)