Latest Album Purchases

Nope! They went on a hiatus I believe but they are recording an album now last I heard.

Nick, what do you think of the new DT?

I think it's a step in the right direction.

I love the opening track. Very similar to whay symphony x would do.

The enemy inside is a solid song, a better first single than on the backs of angels i think. Cool subject matter too.

The insturmental is one of there better ones, it's no dance of eternity or hells kitchen, but all the heavy and insane time signatures makes me happy.

Right now Through the looking glass could be my favorite track. It's more of a classic images and words era type song and i think it will go over great live.

the bigger picture, Behind the veil, and surrender to reason all kind of run together for me, but they do have very memorable melodies and solid choruses.

Along for the ride is probably my least favorite, I think the melody is great but the lyrics are a bit suspect. It's growing on me though.
I love the epic too. A lot of the internet trolls don't like it but I think it's great. I'm a sucker for that classical vibe though. Petrucci definitely steals some lines from tychowski but i love it. The middle section would almost suit better as it's own song but it's still awesome.. A lot of cool king crimson riffs going on in it too which i dig.

All in all I think it's there best album since they have been on Road Runner.

At work i've been listening to the new Alter Bridge record a lot.

I love myles kennedy's voice and Mark Tremonti's guitar work just keeps getting better. He writes some of the heaviest riffs i've ever heard.

Great Radio Rock album.

I need to listen to Fates Warning. FBC in East Lansing has a vinyl copy of No Exit for about 12 bucks. Should snatch that.

My Anathema "Untouchable" vinyl came in the mail finally. It's superb.

I'd definitely pick up No Exit for 12 bucks.

If you wanted somewhere to start with fates warning though I'd start with "A pleasant shade of grey" and "Parallels". Then any of the ones from the 00's are good too.

A little disappointing, to be honest. This is my intro to both Masterplan and Jorn, so I was hoping for more. Most of the songs are at least 4 stars, but generally the album isn't as strong as I was hoping. It's still pretty good, and if you like Jorn's voice you should definitely get it.

Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice
25th Anniversary Limited Edition Vinyl Picture Disc (Pfff, i didnt make that up ;) )
+ Limited, signed by Bob Beeman, poster
Pre-order also came with limited HS button and HS sticker (Roxx Productions)

Adam Again - Homeboys
The Lost Dogs - Little Red Hood Riding

A little disappointing, to be honest. This is my intro to both Masterplan and Jorn, so I was hoping for more. Most of the songs are at least 4 stars, but generally the album isn't as strong as I was hoping. It's still pretty good, and if you like Jorn's voice you should definitely get it.

Check out some of their other stuff. I don't have any of their albums, but the stuff I've heard over Pandora and what not have spanned many albums and I've always liked them.

Also, Jorn rules and I love his voice. Check out his project with Russell Allen called Allen-Lande. Their album "The Battle" is phenomenal.

Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice
25th Anniversary Limited Edition Vinyl Picture Disc (Pfff, i didnt make that up ;) )
+ Limited, signed by Bob Beeman, poster
Pre-order also came with limited HS button and HS sticker (Roxx Productions)

Adam Again - Homeboys
The Lost Dogs - Little Red Hood Riding

Some pictures of that vinyl would rule... :)

Check out some of their other stuff. I don't have any of their albums, but the stuff I've heard over Pandora and what not have spanned many albums and I've always liked them.

Also, Jorn rules and I love his voice. Check out his project with Russell Allen called Allen-Lande. Their album "The Battle" is phenomenal.

I'll have to get more familiar with Masterplan's catalogue since i'm going to ProgPower next year, though I wish it was with Jorn :/ He's someone who's voice i've always liked, but I just never got around to actually getting anything. I've checked some of his solo stuff too, which is pretty awesome as well (Bring Heavy Rock To The Land is like wtf, the lyrics are so silly but i can't stop headbanging!)

And after listening to the album a couple times, I like it a lot more. Three of the 10 songs i'd give less than 4 stars (out of 5), but I think it's a really good album overall. Lonely Winds of War is so epic.

Just trying.....

photo.php

Iona - Iona on vinyl:)yow:) (ok, i know, not metal! ;) )

Pre-ordered the new-old Theocracy debut album, re-issued and remixed; released in Europe on 15th Nov :Spin::Spin:

Nyx, have you seen the deal Nuclear Blast is running for Soilwork's "The Living Infinite" album? Various colors of the vinyl pressing for only $11.09, plus a ridiculous $6 shipping fee, in the US anyway. Still a good deal, I don't know if they have a similar deal going on in their Euro distro, but you should check.

I checked it out and here in Europe (throught Germany) the 2xLP Black is 20 euro (about 27 dollars) and the 2xLP Spattered even 25 euro (34 dollars)! And that's without shipping! So not really a good deal ;)
But thx for the heads up!