Latest CD you bought...

Type O Negatvie - October Rust
Children Of Bodom - Tokyo Warhearts Live in Japan 1999(original release)
Children Of Bodom - Hate Crew Deathroll

Yeah, I think so. Their music is more extreme power metal than ever, and Alexi's vocals is brutal as always.
It's one track though, that is close to ruin the whole album for me, "Sixpounder".. some parts of that song really sounds like NU Metal..and I hate that.. but most of the tracks rule. My favorites has to be Little bloodred ridin Hood, Bodom beach Terror and Needled 24/7.. great songs!

Anyway..

I finally got my copy of Sonata Arcticas last album Winterheart's Guild today. Though, I have only heard through it once, I think this sounds great and it is almost as good as Silence :)

Eagle said:
Grave Digger - The Grave Digger
Excellent choice! It took me a few listens to get into, but I now think it's probably their best recording to date, even topping "Tunes Of War". BTW, what do you think of the Narnia album? I bought "Long Live The King" on the strength of a sample I downloaded, but while the music was great, I just couldn't stomach the preachy lyrics. Have they toned them down, or are they still just as prominent?

Not an album, but...

Fallen To - Bovine Calm single

Fallen To are a Cornish metal band, saw them supporting One Minute Silence last night. They was cracking and converted a lot of fans that night, methinks. Got this signed by three quarters of the band so I'm happy :cool: (got me ticket signed by three quarters of OMS as well!)

Tet said:
Excellent choice! It took me a few listens to get into, but I now think it's probably their best recording to date, even topping "Tunes Of War". BTW, what do you think of the Narnia album? I bought "Long Live The King" on the strength of a sample I downloaded, but while the music was great, I just couldn't stomach the preachy lyrics. Have they toned them down, or are they still just as prominent?

I'm very impressed so far with Grave Digger, although it took me a little too get used to the vocal style. The Narnia album is very good also, the lyrics are a little preachy but I've not heard 'Long Live The King' so I can't make a comparison.

Latest album to my collection is:

Dragonland - Battle Of The Ivory Plains