Latest CD you bought...

Symphony said:
DM...what's yer opinion of the new Maiden album then? Heard some dodgy reports

To be honest I have only had one quick listen so far. I think I may grow to like it more than Brave New World. There are a couple of stand out tracks; Paschendale being the one that is classic Maiden in my book. The current single, (Wildest Dreams), is one of the weakest on the album as far as I am concerned.

Eagle and I are taking the mini-metalhead to see them in December. It'll be interesting to see if there is an improvement on the last two live performances, which I found very lack lustre. At 6 it is Georgia's first metal concert so I want it to be a good one for her! We are sitting down for the the first time in living memory! If she enjoys it we are thinking of taking her to BS next year...especially if the Rays play...as they are her faves!

Dimmu Borgir - Death Cult Armageddon

weird.. I usually don't like black metal much, but this album is actually very good.. it's a very majestic soundtrack feeling over it.. and I like soundtracks..hehe. Seriously, this is one of the best black metal albums i've ever heard.

WeekendWarrior said:
Dimmu Borgir - Death Cult Armageddon

weird.. I usually don't like black metal much, but this album is actually very good.. it's a very majestic soundtrack feeling over it.. and I like soundtracks..hehe. Seriously, this is one of the best black metal albums i've ever heard.
I've been tempted by this one too WW..although I'm not much of black metal man really. I guess you would recommend it then?

Symphony said:
I've been tempted by this one too WW..although I'm not much of black metal man really. I guess you would recommend it then?
Neither am I. But yes, I would recommend it if you can handle black vocals, and the dark dimmu sound..hehe. I mean, if you've heard their previous album and if you like those I'm pretty sure you will like this one.. the biggest difference between DCA and the other dimmu releases is that the new album has much more soundtrack feeling to it.. alot of the orchestral parts are taken from horror movies and such.. pretty good, though nothing beats melodic power metal of course :D