Latest CD you bought...

Some stuffs from holiday awhile back:

The Eagles - s/t, One Of These Nights
Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run, Born In The USA

Latest CD I bought at the music store was Masterplan "Aeronautics". I also received a huge package from LMP Music to review for the fanzines I write for, which included the latest albums from Black Majesty, Eternal Reign, Godiva, Pagans Mind, Wizard and a couple of others that escape my brain.

Matt

Symphony said:
I haven't checked it out yet dude.....have you heard it?

Yeah, briefly.

It's good, well, better than No World Order, but not as good as Powerplant.

It definitely could have been better. It just sounds to generic and uninspired, but that was my first impression. I'll buy it when I get some cash. Hopefully it grows on me.

Gamma Ray RULLLLLLLESSS!!!

MetalNESS said:
Whats your take on it? I'd say its better than New World Messiah.

Yes i would have to agree. There are some real stand out tracks on this one my my fav at the mo been Our wasted Years it is a much stronger album all round with alot of solid tracks prolly give it 8.5/10 a very good effort indeed :headbang:

I love the new NR album as well. I liked New World Messiah though, although it was deemed one of their worst albums.

However, Grand Illusion has some very strong tracks on it. My current fave is 'Still Alive' but virtually every track is brilliant.

It's made my top ten list of albums of the year.

Replaced a bunch of downloaded CDs with real deals, took the chance to get some new stuffs:

Crux Dissimulata/Sombre Chemin split
Nunslaughter - Goat
Veles - The Black Ravens Flew Again

Forest - As A Song In The Harvest of Grief

Also finally got a CD copy of Live After Death by Iron Maiden the other day :D