Latest CD you bought...

I quite like it. Okay, so it's not in the same league as Mandrake, Hellfire Club and Vain Glory Opera but those albums set a pretty high standard.

I reckon this one shows even further that Edguy like to have fun and although I didn't think much on first listen, I have given it a couple more spins and it's grown on me quite a lot already. There's a couple of tracks I'm not sure of and I also think the ballad is pretty weak but there are some great tracks on there too.

So, it won't be a contender for album of the year but nonetheless I think it's certainly a good album.

Only my opinion of course and I believe that there's a pretty even split of those who love it and those who hate it:tickled:

Dream Thief said:
I quite like it. Okay, so it's not in the same league as Mandrake, Hellfire Club and Vain Glory Opera but those albums set a pretty high standard.

I reckon this one shows even further that Edguy like to have fun and although I didn't think much on first listen, I have given it a couple more spins and it's grown on me quite a lot already. There's a couple of tracks I'm not sure of and I also think the ballad is pretty weak but there are some great tracks on there too.

So, it won't be a contender for album of the year but nonetheless I think it's certainly a good album.

Only my opinion of course and I believe that there's a pretty even split of those who love it and those who hate it:tickled:

That is pretty much how I feel. I don't hate it, but after hearing the quality of the EP I had high hopes. I'm just very disappointed.

Edguy - Rocket Ride. Not bad, but not as good as some other efforts
Finntroll - Nattford - ahhh! lovely!!

dragonwarrior said:
Is that as bad as it looks? I saw them in a magazine and just laughed, dismissing them as a Murderdoll's style band...

lol never judge a book by its cover my friend they are nothing like the murderdolls or wednesday 13 so no need to worry there :D they have more in common with Rammestien/Mortiis so if u like industral give it a spin

check out the video for Cyanide on there website and judge for urself http://www.deathstars.net/

I'm sorry, but I can't take a band looking like this....

deathstars_set-01_picture-01.jpg

...seriously :D