Latest Music Investments

No. The only similaritieis are that they are quite dark, heavy and complex. I would say Wolverine's music is much more quirky (in a good way)

By "quirky," do you mean it is very progish? I am not really into progressive music. I know a lot of people classify Evergrey as prog for whatever reason, but I do not classify them as prog. Anyway, if it is very proggish, I probably will not care for it.

The only prog band I like is Symphony X. In fact, Symphony X is great but they are also far from your typical prog band with their symphonic and Classical power.

ProgMetalFan said:
Fredcod: What is on that Ashes single?

1. Ashes (radio edit) 3.58
2. Used (album version) 5.23
3. The Big Machine 4.21
4. Ashes (album version) 4.25

So I already knew everything, apart that radio version, which is finally only cut at the end. Still, the artwork is great :tickled:

I've heard some people talking about Wolverine. Of my fav bands! I'd compare them to Pain Of Salvation, Dream Theater, Everon and, why not, Evergrey. I've just wrote of a review about their album "The Window Purpose" but it is not only yet. Anyway, check their website: http://www.wolverine-overdose.com/

If Wolverine sounds like Pain Of Salvation, Dream Theater and Everon, I will not like them :loco: Thank you Fredcod for the comparissons though. Now I know I will not care for them.

Everon??? I really don't hear ANY Everon in Wolverine... and not really any Dream Theater either (why must every prog band be compared to Dream Theater!?!?!?)

I'd call them more of a mix of Pain of Salvation, Evergrey and a little Opeth... though quite unique...

Oakenson... you should give Wolverine a chance... don't let your dislike for progressive metal dictate what bands you will check out... you may enjoy Wolverine's unique brand of dark, brooding and really quite heavy metal.

ProgMetalFan said:
Everon??? I really don't hear ANY Everon in Wolverine... and not really any Dream Theater either (why must every prog band be compared to Dream Theater!?!?!?)

I'd call them more of a mix of Pain of Salvation, Evergrey and a little Opeth... though quite unique...

Oakenson... you should give Wolverine a chance... don't let your dislike for progressive metal dictate what bands you will check out... you may enjoy Wolverine's unique brand of dark, brooding and really quite heavy metal.

Hmm. They sound interesting, but I do not want to get an album and it turns out to be horrible. I have never been a big fan of prog music, and if Wolverine sound similar to Pain Of Salvation or Opeth, I probably will not like them but it sounds like they are pretty unique so I still might check them out.

It is like Evergrey being classified as prog. I think they are far from progressive music, but that is just my opinion. And of course, despite the fact they are classified as prog, I love them :D

By the way, I purchased Janne's Wirman's (Children Of Bodom) second solo album (under the name Warmen), Beyond Abilities and it is a pretty good album. I like the instrumental tracks more than the tracks with vocals; although the tracks with Mr. Kotipelto are lightyears better than those with Kimberly Goss, whom I think is horrible. I also like the usage of samples from the movie Amadeus, which is an amazing film in my opinion. Overall, it is a solid effort from Janne.

My favorite tracks would be: Beyond Abilities, Trip To..., Confessions, Salieri Strikes Back (the best from the album) and War Of Worlds.

Yes, Goss does do guest vocals on the Warmen album Beyond Abilities.

As far as Pain Of Salvation, I have never really liked the group. Their music is not horrible, but I got nothing out of it other than for one great song: Dryad Of The Woods. Other than that though, I did not enjoy their music.

ProgMetalFan,

I downloaded the samples from the Wolverine website and I do not really care for them. Thank you for the link anyway! :)

Also, I purchased the new Norther album (Mirror Of Madness) and it is killer! :headbang: I also (finally) found the Pirates Of The Caribbean soundtrack, which is wonderful as I suspected after seeing the film.

Oakenson said:
Also, I purchased the new Norther album (Mirror Of Madness) and it is killer! :headbang: I also (finally) found the Pirates Of The Caribbean soundtrack, which is wonderful as I suspected after seeing the film.

I got that album about a month ago too,it kicks ass! Great improvement from their debut,I don't think that they'll be compared to much to Children Of Bodom anymore.
Unleash Hell is one of those few songs that I can just laugh at (and headbang along to,but that works for most of them. :))

Anneke said:
Yes i did.. Long drive to get there, but it was worth it. I saw them at Sweden Rock for the first time and they totally impressed me.. They're coming to Belgium again around Novemeber I believe.

lucky bastard!!! :D when did you see them for the first time?? when they had released their 1st album???????

btw i have add you at mine MSN, I hope you do not mind about that!

Loreley said:
lucky bastard!!! :D when did you see them for the first time?? when they had released their 1st album???????

btw i have add you at mine MSN, I hope you do not mind about that!

Nope, first time was in Sweden..
Course I don't mind you added me.. I need people to entertain me during the period I'm at my job.. :p

I heard someone talking about Stonehenge. I don't have their album, but a few songs. This band could become one of my favorite band, but if there wasn't this singer. I don't like his voice at all, it's not my style, and it ruins all the music for me :erk: