Lazy Akercocke Fans - Love Me

Huh, why did you remove the link? It was hosted on the Earache site so I can't imagine there being a problem with it?

Anyway, I didn't listen to it in great detail but at first glance it seems a step backwards from Words That Go Unspoken.

I totally agree - i am disapointed.. On face value it is definitely weaker than their previous 2 albums..

But when you consider what has happened to them recently, and why they did this so quickly.. You can understand why it doesn't really progress the style. I mean, it doesn't make the album better.. But it at least allows you to understand why it is the way it is.

But as i said, it's solid.. I enjoy it.

haven't listened yet but wanted to grouse about the title... so cliche. unless they just wanted something simple and monolithic, like calling your album Satan or Evil or Goat. Actually Goat would have been a much cooler title.

whatever, I'm still excited to get it, I loved the last few.

yea it's a retarded album title. anyway, just downloaded it and listened to a few things and deleted it

fren ^.^

They said something in Terrorizer like they didn't
want to make the same album i.e Words... twice.

Understandable.

Though, if logic prevails the album after this will
be doubley proggy ^.^

I quite like it actually, although yeah production
sounds a bit grainy in parts... and guitars a bit
monotone but totally danceable!

Fuck it, no this is a very good album!
Axiom and My Apterous Angel just sold it
to me!

I actually agree now.. Giving this further listenings.. It's great.. Yes.. A regression for sure, and disapointing for it in some respects. But you have to respect the fact they have clearly avoided doing the predictable and just.. pushing Words' sound. For me, it's a mixture of Choronzon's more outright brutal sides, with bits of Word's proggy elements. Definitely some extremely good and interesting parts in here.. Especially loving the clean guitar parts!

Extremely solid release.. If i were to rate Choronzon 9, and Words 9.5 .. This would get an 8/8.5 from me.

Oh.. and yeh.. Giving another listening, the drums definitely sound a bit like they're not quite mixed right.. Personally the production is perfectly good for me.. But yeh, if they could get it better.. i won't be complaining!

also, would anyone like to meet up to go see them in rushden or the underworld?

I can't go because i'm skint.. But me and Camille are going to see Negura Bunget, Ephel Duath and Bossk at the underworld may 16th :D

It's probably the first time Negura Bunget has ventured outside of whichever forest that spawned them! 1 @M s0 xxxcited!!!

I actually agree now.. Giving this further listenings.. It's great.. Yes.. A regression for sure, and disapointing for it in some respects. But you have to respect the fact they have clearly avoided doing the predictable and just.. pushing Words' sound. For me, it's a mixture of Choronzon's more outright brutal sides, with bits of Word's proggy elements. Definitely some extremely good and interesting parts in here.. Especially loving the clean guitar parts!

Extremely solid release.. If i were to rate Choronzon 9, and Words 9.5 .. This would get an 8/8.5 from me.

Oh.. and yeh.. Giving another listening, the drums definitely sound a bit like they're not quite mixed right.. Personally the production is perfectly good for me.. But yeh, if they could get it better.. i won't be complaining!

Yeah i also think that both Words and Choronzon are better albums. This new stuff is solid for sure, just not as good as the previous ones.