Lead guitarist in ma band (River Dragon Solo)

Powerslave said:
Hahah. Typical reply, it's ok, I expected it. I am currently not at home so all I have is my acoustic... I have no problem recording some acoustic playing if you're interested but I primarily play lead electric guitar. I won't have access to my electric for another 3 weeks.

Let me know if you want to hear some acoustic stuff.

No, don't bother with the acoustic. 3 weeks from now (4th of July) I expect your best video effort at this solo to be hosted and posted in this thread. Assuming you're lying then that gives you 3 weeks to learn the solo to perfection. Assuming you're telling the truth, then you'll be good enough to learn this solo in about 15 minutes and play it perfectly.

Regardless, your horseshit brand of 'constructive criticism' is far from just that.

Drip, your friend is nailing it fairly well, but I'd recommend breaking the solo into pieces and nailing it with a metronome. Also I think what's missing from the overall 'feel' of the solo is the pick attack - being that your friend is picking softly and he needs to be a little more forceful on the marker notes. Although this is a criticism on the 'feel' of the solo, it stems from technique, which he is trying to focus on. But yeah, metronome should help him speed it up, otherwise he's making great progress on it. Oh, but the second half I'm not sure is tonally correct (bad tab?) he may want to relisten to the album and play along with that trying to match up the notes.

Hahah I haven't enjoyed being flamed relentlessly in ages. Thanks for the entertainment guys.

UM has turned into a 4th grade playground...
"OMG DONT SAY MY FRIEND ISNT THE BEST CAUSE HE DOESNT EVEN CARE K?!?!"
"LOL LETS SEE YOU DO IT BETTER!!"
"OMG YOU ARE SUCH A LIAR, DO IT NOW OR YOU'RE NOT GETTING INVITED TO MY BIRTHDAY PARTY!"

^ now that's good critiquing.

thanks sir.

edit: goddamnit...thanks Fretsaflame. (you are interupting some useful posting powerlsave plz vacate the premise)

I think the tab he's using was written by somebody on this board....can't remember his name tho....

the guy who did TGE, Final Product...Born...etc. I think.

he did a good job... hell, for being bored and being able to play it that way is awesome... granted, i don't feel he hit it 100%... but i'm not saying that's a bad thing. he can play it a lot better than i can... because as of right now, i can't haha.

Powerslave said:

Its obvious you havent posted here in awhile :lol:

Nothing wrong with criticism, however yours was not very "constructive." Its not as if Michael Romeo was playing the solo for an instructional demonstration, its just some guy in his dormroom.

Powerslave said:
Hahah. Typical reply, it's ok, I expected it. I am currently not at home so all I have is my acoustic... I have no problem recording some acoustic playing if you're interested but I primarily play lead electric guitar. I won't have access to my electric for another 3 weeks.

Let me know if you want to hear some acoustic stuff.

Ok, so there are two excuses in this post. That usually means that you suck.

the_drip said:
^ now that's good critiquing.

thanks sir.

edit: goddamnit...thanks Fretsaflame. (you are interupting some useful posting powerlsave plz vacate the premise)

No problem, anything I can do to help - if I think of more later I'll pass it along :)

Powerslave said:
some useless shit

Look, put up or shut up buddy. If you can play it so much better than you're entitled to be as much of an ass as you want, just don't expect a warm welcome.

p.s.: See you in 3 weeks.

Powerslave said:
Hahah I haven't enjoyed being flamed relentlessly in ages. Thanks for the entertainment guys.

"OMG DONT SAY MY FRIEND ISNT THE BEST CAUSE HE DOESNT EVEN CARE K?!?!"
"LOL LETS SEE YOU DO IT BETTER!!"
"OMG YOU ARE SUCH A LIAR, DO IT NOW OR YOU'RE NOT GETTING INVITED TO MY BIRTHDAY PARTY!"
You have a very large nose.

I don't see the fuss over this, the guy did a pretty slackerly job of the solo ... basically it's like this, posting yourself playing someone else's stuff is bad news. Pretty decent I guess, just work on the vibrato.

Powerslave said:
I am enjoying the FUCK out of this. FretsAflame is out to give me the best night of my life. Props!

:lol: Your life must be pretty sad if this is enjoyable for you.

Sidenote: Hey Trey, do you have any vids or sound samples? I've been curious as to what shit you like to play for a while now.

Powerslave said:
I'm not the one who turned this into a shitstorm about some unremarkable guitarist noone knows. Maybe you need to get out more.

Shitstorm? Look drama queen, I just noted that you're an asshole, and accepted your offer for you to show us your remarkable skills.

For as much as you're making fun of people for "LOLINTERWEBFIGHTING" you seem to be looking for an argument.