Learning death vocals

IntoObscurity

Sep 20, 2002
Connecticut, USA
Visit site
Anyone have any tips? I try singing along to most stuff but it's difficult, I can get extremely low, and extremely high, but not so much in the middle where most metal, like In Flames, Opeth, etc, is. Any books, videos or websites would be appreciated, thanks!

There are lots of books, videos and websites aailable to help you sing, but probably not many designed specifically for death metal vocals. Still that doesn't matter for the simple fact, that if you don't learn "how to sing" and what to do to take care of your voice, it won't last anyway.
I am not a lead singer (though I sing harmony vocals) but singing is not like playing a guitar. If you abuse and destroy a guitar, you can buy another one. You can't buy another throat though.
I hope you don't take this reply the wrong way. I just don't want you to destroy your voice. Some of these "standard" vocal training things will probably make you sing some God aweful stuff, but they may be able to help increase your range, strengthen your voice and learn how to take care of it as well. Those things are important as well.

Bryant