LEATHERWOLF: Unchained + US mini-tour

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
LEATHERWOLF Announce New Live Album, 2013 Tour; Live MP3 Posted For Free Download

Huntington Beach, CA-based heavy metal act LEATHERWOLF are hitting the road in support of their forthcoming live album, Unchained. The rejuvenated lineup consist of original members vocalist/guitarist Michael Olivieri and drummer Dean Roberts, long-time friend and bassist Patrick Guyton, and the guitar duo of Rob Math and Greg Erba.

“We are all excited about this new constellation and the possibilities it holds”, enthuses Olivieri. “More than anything, we’re looking forward to getting out there and really kicking some ass on stage. I think live is where it’s always been at for us and this group of guys can definitely deliver the goods!”

Unchained was mixed by musician, producer extraordinaire, Roy Z whose monster resume includes JUDAS PRIEST, SEPULTURA, HALFORD, BRUCE DICKINSON and many others. Though the release date is yet to be announced, fans can download a free MP3 single of 'Spiter' from Unchained by liking the only official Leatherwolf Facebook page at this location.

The band also launched a new official website here, where their classic releases are available for purchase as MP3s (320Kbp) downloads.

Confirmed tour dates:

April:
6 - Mirror Image Studios - Anaheim, CA
20 - Jammin Joes - Arvado, CO

June:
13 - Bobby McGee's - Chicago Ridge, IL
14 - Penny Pub Road - South Barrington, IL
18 - The Chaffee Flatts Bar & Grill - Chaffee, NY
19 - Shocks - Utica, NY
20 - Dead Horse Cantina & Music Hall - McKee Rocks, PA
21 - House of Rock - White Marsh, MD

July:
12 - The Maywood - Raleigh, NC
13 - The 120 Tavern & Music Hall, Pathfinder Metalfest IV - Marietta, GA

October:
19 - Sculley's Shooters, Skull Fest - North Platte, NE

November:
9 - House of Rock, Rock Harvest II - White Marsh, MD

Additional dates to be announced.

p17kraajrstab1pabr9a10k11sc64.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This type of show would do better in the burbs to be honest.

The Bob Byrne Planet Metal crowd wouldnt care less.

Leatherwolf though trad metal were more on the mainstream side.
They prolly have some older fans out in the burbs who
Would see them at a suburban bar.

Though the lineup is only 2 original members, I'll be trying to see both Chicago dates. I'm glad I got to see the original lineup in southern CA when they 1st got back together.

I'm kinda shocked Olivieri is back. Last I saw he was singing some new age, talking to trees, walking in deserts barefoot rock and then fronting a semi-country band. Interesting he comes full circle. I agree with above sentiments that new material is required.

I'm kinda shocked Olivieri is back. Last I saw he was singing some new age, talking to trees, walking in deserts barefoot rock and then fronting a semi-country band. Interesting he comes full circle. I agree with above sentiments that new material is required.

hasn't Olivieri been back in the band since 2007??

Yes, Olivieri has been back with the band since 2007. You would think that the band would be more concerned about releasing new music as opposed to another live album that will most likely have a very similar track listing to the one released in 1999. That said, I am looking forward to seeing this lineup when they come to my area.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

I had been keeping up with Leatherwolf but I was unaware that Carey Howe was no longer involved; interested to hear what they sound like with the two new guys (although I think Greg Erba has been with them since 2007 so not exactly "new"). Hopefully they will eventually get to some new material...

I also welcome Olivieri back in the lineup .... don't know if he can still nail it or not, but if you missed Leatherwolf at Progpower a couple of years back, you missed something special .........

Wade Black killed it with Leatherwolf .........awesome show. I wasn't sure how Wade was going to pull of that old material, but he did and it was fantastic......

I also welcome Olivieri back in the lineup .... don't know if he can still nail it or not, but if you missed Leatherwolf at Progpower a couple of years back, you missed something special .........

Wade Black killed it with Leatherwolf .........awesome show. I wasn't sure how Wade was going to pull of that old material, but he did and it was fantastic......

+1..............I'm a big Leatherwolf fan from practically their start. Seeing them at the Thirsty Whale back in the day. When I saw them a few years back, in southern CA w/ Halford, Oliveri killed it. Sounded just as good as he did years ago. I do have to admit, Wade Black was an awesome replacement and killed it live at PP. I actually like his version of "World Asylum" better than Olivieri's. Just glad they are actually going to make it here to the midwest.

This type of show would do better in the burbs to be honest.

The Bob Byrne Planet Metal crowd wouldnt care less.

Leatherwolf though trad metal were more on the mainstream side.
They prolly have some older fans out in the burbs who
Would see them at a suburban bar.

I get that, but for both shows to be in the burbs? Just surprised they didn't do one in the burbs and one in the city.

The LeatherWade gig was fun, but come on, there's nothing like hearing the songs with the original vocalist. I heard Oliveri doing a solo acoustic show last year, and have zero worries about how his voice is holding up.

well, I guess they couldn't wait to announce it. oh well. Yeah, I'm bringing LEATHERWOLF (back to) Atlanta.

Full show details to be disclosed next week about this time. There's more... plenty more... :devil:

I was wondering if this was YOUR show or not...:popcorn:

well, I guess they couldn't wait to announce it. oh well. Yeah, I'm bringing LEATHERWOLF (back to) Atlanta.

Full show details to be disclosed next week about this time. There's more... plenty more... :devil:

Sorry about that Hoyt, didn't know this was not ready to be announced, just saw it on their Facebook page. Looking forward to all you have in store, I plan to bring a bunch of friends to this one!!!

Sorry about that Hoyt, didn't know this was not ready to be announced, just saw it on their Facebook page. Looking forward to all you have in store, I plan to bring a bunch of friends to this one!!!

no worries bro. Not your fault. heh heh. Their management jumped the gun on this one after I asked him to give me a week before posting. And hell, he didn't even put the right info up anyway. This will be at The 120 Tavern in Marietta - not Atlanta. Atlanta failed me last November.

Again, more details are forthcoming. I have two more hi-caliber metal acts 100% confirmed for this, with two more 75% confirmed. And none of these acts I'm referring to are from metro Atlanta. ;)

All will be revealed March 15th. :kickass: