LEATHERWOLF: Unchained + US mini-tour

no worries bro. Not your fault. heh heh. Their management jumped the gun on this one after I asked him to give me a week before posting. And hell, he didn't even put the right info up anyway. This will be at The 120 Tavern in Marietta - not Atlanta. Atlanta failed me last November.

Again, more details are forthcoming. I have two more hi-caliber metal acts 100% confirmed for this, with two more 75% confirmed. And none of these acts I'm referring to are from metro Atlanta. ;)

All will be revealed March 15th. :kickass:

Very cool, Friday can't come soon enough!!! :kickass:

LEATHERWOLF To Kick Off Unchained 2013 Live Campaign; US Festival And Tour Dates Announced

p17nb89un51a2r2jn18q7sqe1rb14.jpg

I just read on Leatherwolf's facebook that due to economic reasons (Completely understood) the band is pulling out of their tour with Vicious Rumors and Seven Witches.

So, they really thought they would be able to make money/break even on a tour like this?!?

And the worst part of it all... now the band is trying to "book shows on their own," which to me sounds like "Yeah, we're not going to use that agent anymore because he couldn't get us money for this tour..." as if it's the agent's fault that the band are 100% irrelevant in the metal scene these days...

I seriously do not believe that the band "all of a sudden" discovered they weren't going to make money on a tour like this.

So, they really thought they would be able to make money/break even on a tour like this?!?

And the worst part of it all... now the band is trying to "book shows on their own," which to me sounds like "Yeah, we're not going to use that agent anymore because he couldn't get us money for this tour..." as if it's the agent's fault that the band are 100% irrelevant in the metal scene these days...

I seriously do not believe that the band "all of a sudden" discovered they weren't going to make money on a tour like this.

Seeing them at Penny Road Pub in the Chicago area, and the very low amount of people that stayed for their set, I thought they would cancel the next day or so. They did put on a hell of a show.

Seeing them at Penny Road Pub in the Chicago area, and the very low amount of people that stayed for their set, I thought they would cancel the next day or so. They did put on a hell of a show.

You were there?
Did you catch my band Ancient Dreams by any chance?

I thought Leatherwolf put on a hell of a show.

I heard the gig at Bobby Mcgees the night before had an even lower turnout.

Actually the PRP did better than some might be lead to believe.
There were so many locals who each drew their own crowds. Lots of the early bands really weren't the same style and they and their friends left after they played. There were about 150 paid that evening, which isn't too bad.

Yea, as far as what LW expected, I really don't know.
Furthermore, being on a package tour with two other bands who are of almost exact same status draw wise and draw from pretty much the same crowd, I don't know how you split a small pie three ways.

Its a shame, as LW did put on a really good show I thought.
Glad I got to see them.

My guess is not too many will take them up on their offer to "Fly them out for a personal performance" Though next time I hear of a kid hiring a band for their Bar Mitzvah I will give them their contact info.