LeCto v1.0

how much did you have to change the code to make the vst port for mac and how much of the code stayed the same with lecto?

For LeCto, the code stayed almost the same. I didn't think it was that easy to port to vst for Mac. It may be related to fact that I used Steinberg vstsdk2.4 and vstgui3.0 which are cross plateform. Porting to AU seems to be another story...

Awesome! Just tried it in Reaper for a few minutes - I definitly need to check out, how it's working in Logic.
Donation is on its way.

Hi,

Can anyone help me out about LeCto for mac ?
I used fxpansion to wrap the file from vst to AU but I can't see it in protools 8.0.4 where the vst should appear .
I saw that some of you succeeded to use it so I guess the problem comes from my lack of knowledge.
So does anyone know how to launch it in protools ? (I used google and the pdf from the software and found nothing helpful).

Thanks for your time !

You have to use vst to RTAS, not AU, to wrap it in protools... But I can't tweak it. If you succeed, tell me

Hi,

Thanks for the input, in fact it's the one I tried and got nothing from it.
( http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=15 )

It's supposed to be simple, "detect and wrap VST-Plug-ins", then the file which is located in the audio/Plug-Ins/VST should appear in the vst list in protools but it doesnt.

What am I doing wrong at this point ?

I'm sure it's easy but I couldn't figure it out... :ill:

lepou, if you need any help porting anything else to OS X, i'd be more than happy to help.

i'm a fairly experienced programmer, and know a fair bit about the VST SDK (although not a huge amount about VST GUI.. aha).

if there's anything i can do to help, i'd be happy to!

thanks,

I'm fairly surprised, how good LeCto actually sounds. With Revalver (and basically with every other ampsim) I had to put Match-EQ behind the whole signal, to get something good. All of the other plugins I tried sounded more or less boxy (Revalver II more, Amplitube 3 less - for example). With LeCto there's no need for that extra treatment.

Other than that - it's definitly the first Recto-Sim where I can actually HEAR, that it's meant to be a Rectifier :D

ATM I'm using it with lolzgreg's Beta-Impulse and Amplitube's TS in front ... really awesome!

You have to use vst to RTAS, not AU, to wrap it in protools... But I can't tweak it. If you succeed, tell me

Take a screenshot of lecto when you open it in pro tools: Shift+Command+4 and then click and drag, the photo then saves to your desktop. I've never used Pro Tools but if its anything like Logic or Garageband their should be some options on the top to change the view. Upload the screenshot here and someone might be able to help you.

These amp sim is incredible, can't wait to start recording with it.

@ drawnacrol : i'll take a screenshot.
@ seeker of truth : you have to open vst2rtas program, located in your application file. You click on "detect and wrap plugin". Then, in protools you can access to your wrapped plugins. You must use lecto on a stereo track... don't know why!

@ seeker of truth : you have to open vst2rtas program, located in your application file. You click on "detect and wrap plugin". Then, in protools you can access to your wrapped plugins. You must use lecto on a stereo track... don't know why!

That's exactly what I did and nothing appears in the effect list.
Maybe this protools version isn't compatible but that would be strange...
Did you put it in another folder or something else ?

Sorry I hope I'm not polluting this topic, I wish I could use it as anybody else to give my greetings to Lepou !

Cheers.