Led Zeppelin vs. Deep Purple

• Deep Purple

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Led Zeppelin

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Tacos

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters
I pretty much only know the most popular songs by both bands but I prefer the style of Led Zeppelin.

I hate to be the "mainstream guy" but I'm gonna have to go with Led Zeppelin. They're what got me into heavy metal in the first place.

I pretty much only know the most popular songs by both bands but I prefer the style of Led Zeppelin.

image.png

Led Zeppelin has more consistent albums and the highs are basically still on par with Deep Purple's, but my metal bias gives Deep Purple some edge in their early proto-speed/power metal music. I'll vote LZ anyways.

Queen beats both though.

The different styles of music between the two will always make this a polarising debate, or a pretty straight-forward vote, as people are usually pretty firm on which band they prefer.

For me Led Zepelin just had that unique sound, and the musical abilities of their members (Page in particular) led to better songwriting and a band who produced more interesting albums as a whole.

I really do have soft spots for Machine Head and Fireball though.

I know they're more mainstream and all but I'm shocked that LZ is winning since this is a metal board with a lot of kids that listen to nothing but metal.

Queen beats both though.
lol

Then give me one. Id like to hear what *shits* all over it.

Every track from DPiR, everything on Fireball outside of Anyones Daughter and No One Came, which are just as good. All of Machine Head. I havent listened to Perfect Strangers in years, but i'd take most of that album over Zep also ... the point i was trying to initally make was that i'd take most of their stuff over You Shook Me. My favorite track from that album is Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, and that's one of the many tracks that Led Zeppelin are known to have plagiarized.