Led Zeppelin vs. Deep Purple

• Deep Purple

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Led Zeppelin

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Tacos

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters
I had a fish taco once, and almost threw up. I fucking hate seafood especially if it isn't fried.

However burrito> taco because you can get guacamole in burritos which is basically the greatest thing in the world.

Led Zeppelin over Deep Purple. Admittedly, I haven't heard as much DP, but what I heard from them I like LZ much better.

Also, I'd never trust a man, woman, child or animal that doesn't like LZ. Plain and simple.

There was a vendor at MDF by the tented outdoor stage that had some of the best tacos I had in my life. They had Jackfruit, vegan cheese, guacamole, and jalapenos on em. That coupled with a ice cold coconut water and I was fucking beyond stoked.

Man, I hope they are there next year.

EDIT: Oh, and I cant forget that I piled each taco with Sriracha. The gift from the Gods.

So you're saying there's nothing wrong with taking a song that someone else has written, putting it on your own album and taking credit for it?

Seems to me that some of your guys are having a hard time understanding what plagiarism means.

Of course, I would prefer it if credit were given, but c'mon, it's pop music -- It's not like they scratched out Wagner's name on Ring der Nibelungen and wrote Led Zeppelin over it. Throughout pop music's history, or folk music, rather, "plagiarism" was the name of the game.

Not to mention I believe you (TNB) rate Nevermind highly, and we all know "Come As You Are" was derived from a Killing Joke riff.

And like Black Orifice, I acknowledge that that's simply the nature of rock music...and still love both Nirvana and Killing Joke.

Look, i never said i dont like LZ, i just wouldn't put them anywhere near DP.

Them ripping off other peoples work doesn't really bother me all that much, never remember saying that it did. I even said my favorite track from them was written by someone else (Anne Bredon). I just have overall less respect for them as musicians because of that fact(which dosn't really mean shit). That's why i shouldn't even mention them with the likes of Blackmore or Lord.

And yea, Nevermind isnt anything special, but it's just as nostalgic to me as some classic metal albums.

... and i dont think i've heard anything from Killing Joke, so i wouldnt have know that about Come As You Are. Shit, i might need to check some of their stuff out.

The song that inspired "Come As You Are":

obviously not an exact copy, but I believe they were listed as an influence, so it's more than likely...

And......their best song...:

You might like this one too...

Last edited by a moderator:
Killing Joke have also been putting out some good releases recently as well, though my favourite is their self-titled from 2003; a bit heavier than their usual releases.

Also Dave Grohl was the drummer on this album, saying he did it not only to guest for an influential band, but as a sort of 'payback' for the Come as You Are riff.

This is one of my fav's:

Last edited by a moderator:
Zep ripped off a lot of songs.

So did Deep Purple. Smoke on the Water is a fucking ripoff, and that's the one track most anyone knows from them.

So now that we've established both are ripoff artists, the fact is that nothing DP ever did matches the awesomeness of When the Levee Breaks or Kashmir.

There was a vendor at MDF by the tented outdoor stage that had some of the best tacos I had in my life. They had Jackfruit, vegan cheese, guacamole, and jalapenos on em. That coupled with a ice cold coconut water and I was fucking beyond stoked.

Man, I hope they are there next year.

EDIT: Oh, and I cant forget that I piled each taco with Sriracha. The gift from the Gods.

Oh shit... I saw that there and wanted to try it! Had no idea their tacos had all that-- sounds like a fucking journey of goodness. Have to try them next year if they are there... And actually meet UM people and cut the timidness out :rofl:

I've recently noticed a website troll that goes by Ritchie Blackm0re (fan club dude) sets up websites (currently, more than 20) to discredit Led Zeppelin. If you log on to challenge him he blocks you. I guess this is some vain effort in dirty politics to elevate Deep Purple, whom I used to like. Now, not so much....I mean really, if you like one band over another, fine. but to go through all that effort to put another band down (or Page) and not leave your site open for rebuttal ......well that's communistic!