LEE JACKSON GP-1000 88 replica for sale

With exeptions of the LOG pots instead of Linary pots the SP is a 100% clone. Would highly recommend, don't use the original any more. (no I won't sell).

I'd say, that the appropriate reaction is: Mwahahahaha! (finally, for fucks sake)

GnwGq8Z.jpg

Looks sweet! Very professional. Can't wait to see the esemble, should be a lot easier this time around!:kickass:

if i were you i would contact alexi somehow asking if he would like to try out this preamp replica you are selling. i bet everything he would love it with all the modes and stuff in it.

when he goes to eslovaquia play or something would be a good idea.

the only reason alexi stopped using the lee jackson its because it breaks all the time for being so old... think about it ;)

btw time passed and i didnt decided what i want sorry..
basically i wanted like rune, a gp1000+1sp1000 1 channel in one rack .. but im only able to buy near christmas.. so i can wait as sure theres more people in the queue.

how many clip sound of it do you have already?
which modes can i have/you recommend? basically i would like that modded alexi tone but with a bit more low end. want to have that smooth tone for leads and stuff but also angry enough (gain and low end) to play good metal with no worries.
the price as i read is 300e-360e pre amp and with power amp goes 600e something right? looking for a standard 1u rack
how much time does it take to be done? how is the queue right now?
hows the reaction of you people so far?

thats it, thanks ;)

btw time passed and i didnt decided what i want sorry..
basically i wanted like rune, a gp1000+1sp1000 1 channel in one rack .. but im only able to buy near christmas.. so i can wait as sure theres more people in the queue.

how many clip sound of it do you have already?
which modes can i have/you recommend? basically i would like that modded alexi tone but with a bit more low end. want to have that smooth tone for leads and stuff but also angry enough (gain and low end) to play good metal with no worries.
the price as i read is 300e-360e pre amp and with power amp goes 600e something right? looking for a standard 1u rack
how much time does it take to be done? how is the queue right now?
hows the reaction of you people so far?

thats it, thanks ;)

Firstly, I'm really happy that you've got the balls to ask. We look forward to all your questions.

Secondly, we are glad that you've already picked your combination:)

So I'm gonna answer you some questions now...

We already have one GP done and 2-3 SPs done to 90% (they have new PCBs and they look absolutely amazing, you can't even compare them with those previous ones). This GPSP that we are working on now is Rune's new unit (it has all offered mods), all we have to do now is drilling a lot of holes and fit the GPSP in it's case. Then the following procedure is tough testing in my place. Every our GP/SP will be precisely tested before leaving Slovakia;)

Those previous clips were...really old and bad stuff...you know shitty quality, even worse playing...they just prove that we've got some real GP/SP replicas and that we are not trying to sell some rubbish. After having that Rune's new unit done, we will record as much material as we can, I promise!

How much time does it take to complete it? As soon as we have the final product done, we can make the GPSP in one day (if I remember well TWCC's words)...but as I said, every our product will have to deal with a few days testing.

I'm sure TWCC will answer your questions about mods, prices and the queue in a more precise way than me:)

Firstly, I'm really happy that you've got the balls to ask. We look forward to all your questions.

Secondly, we are glad that you've already picked your combination:)

So I'm gonna answer you some questions now...

We already have one GP done and 2-3 SPs done to 90% (they have new PCBs and they look absolutely amazing, you can't even compare them with those previous ones). This GPSP that we are working on now is Rune's new unit (it has all offered mods), all we have to do now is drilling a lot of holes and fit the GPSP in it's case. Then the following procedure is tough testing in my place. Every our GP/SP will be precisely tested before leaving Slovakia;)

Those previous clips were...really old and bad stuff...you know shitty quality, even worse playing...they just prove that we've got some real GP/SP replicas and that we are not trying to sell some rubbish. After having that Rune's new unit done, we will record as much material as we can, I promise!

How much time does it take to complete it? As soon as we have the final product done, we can make the GPSP in one day (if I remember well TWCC's words)...but as I said, every our product will have to deal with a few days testing.

I'm sure TWCC will answer your questions about mods, prices and the queue in a more precise way than me:)

ok thanks! :) ill be waiting then. i want to know every possible mod that you can offer, would like to know (if i can) what did rune got moddwise and well, which of the possibilites you have is the best to get something that i can play live (ill use just one 4x12 so i guess 1 sp channel is enough) has that modded alexi tone he is known for (with more gain) but with more balls on the low end. thats basically it :) ill be waiting or TWCCs answer then

the SP is solid state right? that means its possible to play it at home then great :headbang:

Hello!

Yep, as RR480 said, I am at the moment working on the GPSP for Rune. It is correct we have some pre-made SPs (picture will be attached as soon as I get hold of some camera).

And yes, SP is solid state - I recommend choosing LOG pots for SP input volume and maybe also for GP master, then you can use it at home, even at night - very precise control of low volume. If you want to go original, there are LINear pots, which have the same sound, but don't allow precise control in low volume.

Rune wanted everything original, because he wants to have the possibility to set up his GP and SP exactly as his other GP's, based only on knob positions.

Rune now has 6, or maybe even 8 mods if we calculate everything:

-Gain mod
-Tone shaping mod (x3)
-Modified EQ (x2)
-87/88 front panel tone switch
-One specialty for cleaner tone

Alexi's mods are gain mod, possibly also the 2nd mod and some of the tone mods. Also, he had the 87/88 mod, that's the one that adds more balls on low end.

About the queue, I have 3 people waiting for finished devices (including Rune), and I know about 2 more, who are waiting for Rune's testing. However, RR480 is correct, after careful testing of the unit, and after Rune confirms it is the real deal, one GPSP unit is a matter of 1-2 days, if you want custom painting on the front panel and quality printing on it, you have to add 2-3 to it. In case lots of orders come in together, it is possible I will run out of parts. most times I buy from European suppliers, that means delivery takes 1-3 days for easily obtainable parts and maybe 10 for the hardest (tubes, sockets, some specialty caps). But I have some of those on the way.

By the way, Rune wanted to have everything possible switchable/bypassable, therefore he will probably have four special switches on the front panel, for turning the various gain/tone mods on and off. That is the part I want to test after drilling remaining holes (which I am doing today), because the mods are in very delicate parts of the circuit and I will have to be very careful when connecting the switches to not add any capacitance or noise. This unit has to have perfectly clear sound, and that also means all the others will have.

Some photos will arrive in a few hours :) If anything, just ask, thanks (all of you) for your patience.

Hello!

Yep, as RR480 said, I am at the moment working on the GPSP for Rune. It is correct we have some pre-made SPs (picture will be attached as soon as I get hold of some camera).

And yes, SP is solid state - I recommend choosing LOG pots for SP input volume and maybe also for GP master, then you can use it at home, even at night - very precise control of low volume. If you want to go original, there are LINear pots, which have the same sound, but don't allow precise control in low volume.

Rune wanted everything original, because he wants to have the possibility to set up his GP and SP exactly as his other GP's, based only on knob positions.

Rune now has 6, or maybe even 8 mods if we calculate everything:

-Gain mod
-Tone shaping mod (x3)
-Modified EQ (x2)
-87/88 front panel tone switch
-One specialty for cleaner tone

Alexi's mods are stage 1 mod, possibly also the 2nd mod and some of the distortion mods. Also, he had the 87/88 mod, that's the one that adds more balls on low end.

About the queue, I have 3 people waiting for finished devices (including Rune), and I know about 2 more, who are waiting for Rune's testing. However, RR480 is correct, after careful testing of the unit, and after Rune confirms it is the real deal, one GPSP unit is a matter of 1-2 days, if you want custom painting on the front panel and quality printing on it, you have to add 2-3 to it. In case lots of orders come in together, it is possible I will run out of parts. most times I buy from European suppliers, that means delivery takes 1-3 days for easily obtainable parts and maybe 10 for the hardest (tubes, sockets, some specialty caps). But I have some of those on the way.

By the way, Rune wanted to have everything possible switchable/bypassable, therefore he will probably have four special switches on the front panel, for turning the various gain/tone mods on and off. That is the part I want to test after drilling remaining holes (which I am doing today), because the mods are in very delicate parts of the circuit and I will have to be very careful when connecting the switches to not add any capacitance or noise. This unit has to have perfectly clear sound, and that also means all the others will have.

(You would be surprised how important is to run specific cables connecting various parts of the circuit in specific places. It can have a bad effect on the sound if you screw it up. That is what I have been doing for last 2-3 days - wanted to find the perfect spot for the cables to make sure the amp runs noise free and with maximum potential)

Some photos will arrive in a few hours :) If anything, just ask, thanks (all of you) for your patience.

damn this looks really promising :)
but as i said, i only get the money near christmas so theres a long time to go still :S but im very very interested.

but i must admit im a bit confused of how all of this works so sorry for my beginner questions... here we go:

-when you mean "stage" you mean channel right?

-how much for each modd? if the price is substancial i might have to pick the ones i want most, if not ill choose all like rune ;). how much the gpsp 1u, with 1sp channel with LOG pots and all the mods costs?

-so as i see, you assume clean stage and distortion stage, which each of them can: change the gain and tone shaping right? alexi has modd on stage 1 clean and distortion for gain and tone shaping right? if this is correct it wont be necessary to have mods on the clean channel right? im just looking for the distortion one. (im very confused here..)

the modd for having more low end is only the 87/88 one (i guess its a switch between 87 to 88 tone vice-versa). wont that change the tone dramatically? not sure but i think the 87 and 88 sound very different and i was looking for the 88 tone. or the secondary eq would do the thing?

sorry for this noob questions.. i dont understand much :lol: . the best thing to do is to get all the mods i guess, but if i couldnt which of the modds for what i want (gpsp with alexi tone with his modds and more low end) would be mandatory to have in your opinion?

btw whats the difference in price of the LOG pots and linear?

and what are the payment options? im from portugal.

and thank you for this amazing project.

Great that everything is moving along, since I haven't heard anything in a week now.
With that notice, I'm not too overly happy with the outline of most of the modifications being revealed...
It's not the smartest move to market your business secrets.
And I strongly suggest that no more of that is clarified, or spoken of, even the deletion of that part of the post would please me.

There is the pic of the SP, sorry for the darkness, not very good lighting conditions over here.
pY2Vz8u.jpg

Will reply to the questions in few hours :)

There is the pic of the SP, sorry for the darkness, not very good lighting conditions over here.
pY2Vz8u.jpg

Will reply to the questions in few hours :)

Haha you cannot shrink the SP any smaller than that, that's the limit right there, like 1/4 of the original size. Looks great! Very pro!

Great that everything is moving along, since I haven't heard anything in a week now.
With that notice, I'm not too overly happy with the outline of most of the modifications being revealed...
And I strongly suggest that no more of that is clarified, or spoken of, even the deletion of that part of the post would please me.

I was just thinking the same thing.

What's the big deal with revealing the mods? I understand business secrets, but how is he supposed to sell these with the mods without explaining them to people?

I know I'm not paying extra for mods without them being explained to me. Why they would be worth the extra cost.

Plus if someone really wanted to know his secrets, all they have to do is buy a unit and reverse engineer it. Really not that big a deal IMO.

Because the mods is whats keeping this from a stock GP-1000.
And I hope everyone knows by now that a stock GP-1000 won't cut it for metal and bearly do heavy 80's stuff when boosted.
Plus it is overly trebly and sounds more like something that you should play jazz on, or put several pedals in front.
Quite simple, for our usage a GP -1000 sucks, bigtime!

What these mods do is:
1 mod (which I have done myself to the original and is really an upgrade since it was done by Lee Jackson himself in late 88-90): It gives you slightly more distortion and thigten up the treble voicing, keeping it "smooth"
2 mod: boost the distortion a bit more.
3 mod: boosts the low frequencies
4 mod: Not sure yet since I haven't got it yet, we still try to get it to work.
EQ mods: I specially requested that the mid pot got enhanced, so that the mid frequeny can be enhanced a lot, like you hear in his modern tone, but I'm quite unsure if mod 4 actually does the same thing?? And second EQ for getting the unit to become versetile, now you havea EQ before and after distortion and can really shape the tone to play anything.
87/88: Switch between the two main versions of the original GP-1000, basicly just a low frequency boost when 88 is on and treble boost when 87 is on.
Clarity boost: Does what it says, we had problems with fizz and fuzz when the tones where ringing out and twcc made this sto solve all that if the tech can't help us with the 4 mod and second eq, which we think adds this issues. But TWCC can tell you a more detailed version about what is does.

I don't think it would be that easy due to all the modded parts being switches between caps/resistor values. Would be harder to figure anything out. Alexi did not have any EQ mods, the first mod and one of the other mods where added early in cob career + 87-88 cap shifts. Two other mods were added just before or after HCDR studio sessions. Over 10-11 years ago.

Good evening all. Let me start with answering nunofrg's questions:
---when you mean "stage" you mean channel right?
Not really. GP has clean and distorted channel. But the signal path is (much simplified) as follows: Input->EQ->Distortion->Output
Therefore the distortion channel is more of an addon to clear channel to overdrive the signal. Anyway, not important. The "stage" is one half of the tube. There are 3 tubes inside, each has 2 stages. 1st stage is 1st half of 1st tube, and it amplifies input signal. 2nd stage is 2nd half of 1st tube and amplifies signal after EQ. Then there is distortion - 2 stages. And finally, two outputs, each with its own stage. And the various modifications take place mainly around the tube stages, that's why i call the gain mod stage 1 modification, because it modifies parts around the 1st half of 1st tube.

---how much for each modd? if the price is substancial i might have to pick the ones i want most, if not ill choose all like rune ;). how much the gpsp 1u, with 1sp channel with LOG pots and all the mods costs?

The price of mods depends on which one. For example changing the mid pot for better mid control is cheap, because I only replace part. Second EQ is more expensive one, there are 3 pots, 4 high quality caps, switch, some wiring etc. If I remember correctly, last calculation about the GPSP with various mods was around 600. If I will have some time tomorrow, I will again write a full price list for various mods and base units. And then probably put it in my signature, so you always see the most actual stuff.

About your distorting stage modding questions - as you can see, even the distorted channel uses all parts of clean channel also. As far as I remember, Alexi has 1 mod, 87/88 mod and maybe one very important distortion mod, that I am working on getting precise info about. However, maybe you could also use the second EQ if you want to greatly modify the tone - maybe you will find out that your speaker cab puts less bass or treble through, and this second EQ is really powerful when it comes to shaping the tone. I really have to get online some good recording of the new unit to explain all the possibilities :/

Price difference in LOG/LIN pots is zero.

Payment options - Paypal preferred, but since you are in Europe, bank transfer is also fine. I hope your postal service is better than in Italy, last time I sent some tablets and smartphone and it took the fuckers 40 days to deliver it and the tablet almost did not make it through customs. (Really.. customs.. in a fucking European Union..) Anyway, as I have already stated, I have made a deal with a packing company, the additional units will be packed almost bulletproof :)

Oh and about the mod information - I agree with the opinion, that I cannot keep them for myself if I want to sell the units. Rest assured, that everything will be explained (but of course I am not going to mention specific part values, locations and so on, because that is what took me many many nights to find out), but you will get the description of what exactly the mod does to which part of the sound spectrum and why it was put there.

By the way, this is how finished mainboard of GP looks like. I had to redesign tube board. Rune's unit is in my garage in the middle of wiring process and cutting hole for the SP to fit inside. Hopefully everything mechanical-wise will be done tomorrow.

xjLDFfw.jpg

Good evening all. Let me start with answering nunofrg's questions:
---when you mean "stage" you mean channel right?
Not really. GP has clean and distorted channel. But the signal path is (much simplified) as follows: Input->EQ->Distortion->Output
Therefore the distortion channel is more of an addon to clear channel to overdrive the signal. Anyway, not important. The "stage" is one half of the tube. There are 3 tubes inside, each has 2 stages. 1st stage is 1st half of 1st tube, and it amplifies input signal. 2nd stage is 2nd half of 1st tube and amplifies signal after EQ. Then there is distortion - 2 stages. And finally, two outputs, each with its own stage. And the various modifications take place mainly around the tube stages, that's why i call the gain mod stage 1 modification, because it modifies parts around the 1st half of 1st tube.

---how much for each modd? if the price is substancial i might have to pick the ones i want most, if not ill choose all like rune ;). how much the gpsp 1u, with 1sp channel with LOG pots and all the mods costs?

The price of mods depends on which one. For example changing the mid pot for better mid control is cheap, because I only replace part. Second EQ is more expensive one, there are 3 pots, 4 high quality caps, switch, some wiring etc. If I remember correctly, last calculation about the GPSP with various mods was around 600. If I will have some time tomorrow, I will again write a full price list for various mods and base units. And then probably put it in my signature, so you always see the most actual stuff.

About your distorting stage modding questions - as you can see, even the distorted channel uses all parts of clean channel also. As far as I remember, Alexi has 1 mod, 87/88 mod and maybe one very important distortion mod, that I am working on getting precise info about. However, maybe you could also use the second EQ if you want to greatly modify the tone - maybe you will find out that your speaker cab puts less bass or treble through, and this second EQ is really powerful when it comes to shaping the tone. I really have to get online some good recording of the new unit to explain all the possibilities :/

Price difference in LOG/LIN pots is zero.

Payment options - Paypal preferred, but since you are in Europe, bank transfer is also fine. I hope your postal service is better than in Italy, last time I sent some tablets and smartphone and it took the fuckers 40 days to deliver it and the tablet almost did not make it through customs. (Really.. customs.. in a fucking European Union..) Anyway, as I have already stated, I have made a deal with a packing company, the additional units will be packed almost bulletproof :)

Oh and about the mod information - I agree with the opinion, that I cannot keep them for myself if I want to sell the units. Rest assured, that everything will be explained (but of course I am not going to mention specific part values, locations and so on, because that is what took me many many nights to find out), but you will get the description of what exactly the mod does to which part of the sound spectrum and why it was put there.

By the way, this is how finished mainboard of GP looks like. I had to redesign tube board. Rune's unit is in my garage in the middle of wiring process and cutting hole for the SP to fit inside. Hopefully everything mechanical-wise will be done tomorrow.

xjLDFfw.jpg

thank you!

ill be waiting for price list of the mods and all then, which is going to be useful for anyone whos interested too.

going to wait to see runes final review and as im only able to buy it until christmas or near that, see sound clips or more information of it as it comes

but if everythings going along theres a really really possibility on me buying one of this amp, its the perfect thing for me. getting that tone that nobody in general has, its able to be played home or live and its at a great price for what i get.

Damn family holidays..

Rune's unit tested and working as expected (pic from earlier today), added some special mods as requested (footswitchable second EQ and switchpanel for mods on front panel), next step - hand it to RR480 for very thorough testing to make sure no hiss or imperfections are present in the sound. In the mean time, front panel will be printed with graphics (already painted).

Good news is, that i have tested the GPSP for some time and no issues that were mentioned on first Rune's unit are present. We have together found out some crucial internal settings that have to be applied to make sure the sound is pure and not distorted in a bad way.

Now I will be making PDF with descriptions and various instructions for the unit. And of course, the final price list with all possible mods.

Better photo will follow tomorrow, when there is more light.

PPvOrfe.jpg

Damn family holidays..

Rune's unit tested and working as expected (pic from earlier today), added some special mods as requested (footswitchable second EQ and switchpanel for mods on front panel), next step - hand it to RR480 for very thorough testing to make sure no hiss or imperfections are present in the sound. In the mean time, front panel will be printed with graphics (already painted).

Good news is, that i have tested the GPSP for some time and no issues that were mentioned on first Rune's unit are present. We have together found out some crucial internal settings that have to be applied to make sure the sound is pure and not distorted in a bad way.

Now I will be making PDF with descriptions and various instructions for the unit. And of course, the final price list with all possible mods.

Better photo will follow tomorrow, when there is more light.

PPvOrfe.jpg

FINALLY! the day we ahve all been waiting for! :D
rune's unit looks jammed full lol i hope there isnt any heating problems
+ rune's unit has it alot of mods? i mean since its so fulll :rofl:

Looks great, been waiting all week just for a update, but as always, holidays and work must come first. My old unit is even more jammed full, with larger PCBS, larger power transformers and even larger components. The old one newer overheat so far. Been using it at 30C for hours and worked just fine and wasn't much hotter than when I turned it on.
And yes it is packed with mods, but they are all switchable at the front or by footswitch. Can't wait to try this. The old one had just 3-4 mods while this has like 6-7 and we've pretty much solved every problem, either it is TWWC with lots of testing or the Finnish tech with a guide or two witch he forgot to add in the first place.

This will be great. Hope for some good soundclips or videos soon enough!