LEE JACKSON GP-1000 88 replica for sale

Wiring P/U's is pretty easy once you do it the first time. Only difference between active and passive is 1 or 2 extra wires since it runs off of the battery or batteries.

I would keep the EMG pot with the EMG P/U, and get a new pot to go with your new P/U. I can't remember what type I used 500k or 1Meg if I remember correctly...it's been a while. Different loads can affect the tone of your guitar...also don't forget you can add a capacitor to your tone pot which can also change the way your guitar sounds.

The most pain in the dick part is getting your grounds good or else you will get LOTS of humming or excess noise.

This video is pretty good at showing some differences.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wiring P/U's is pretty easy once you do it the first time. Only difference between active and passive is 1 or 2 extra wires since it runs off of the battery or batteries.

I would keep the EMG pot with the EMG P/U, and get a new pot to go with your new P/U. I can't remember what type I used 500k or 1Meg if I remember correctly...it's been a while. Different loads can affect the tone of your guitar...also don't forget you can add a capacitor to your tone pot which can also change the way your guitar sounds.

The most pain in the dick part is getting your grounds good or else you will get LOTS of humming or excess noise.

This video is pretty good at showing some differences.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df5kO9VxYcE

Well i know nothing about electronics. point is i want to install a new J50bc with a JE-1000 clone i want to know what pot to use to get the CoB sound.

what im talking about ae the volume pots btw
all my guitars are single pickups

Well i know nothing about electronics. point is i want to install a new J50bc with a JE-1000 clone i want to know what pot to use to get the CoB sound.

what im talking about ae the volume pots btw
all my guitars are single pickups

Well, if it's a true JE-1000 clone the volume pot should already be connected to the unit.

If not I would go with something between 25k and 100k.

Typically passive humbuckers work best with 500k, which is what the J50BC is, but since you have the active circuitry the 500k wouldn't be ideal, as it's not really passive anymore.

Rune.....what did your JE-1000 have when you got it.....the original one. All the schematics I have seen show the pot, but don't really indicate the resistance of it. Haven't found anything that states what Jackson originally used.

edit: also, you are going to want to either keep the EMG input in that guitar or get a new stereo input and keep the EMG one with the EMG pick up. Really won't matter, just has to be stereo input jack.

Well, if it's a true JE-1000 clone the volume pot should already be connected to the unit.

If not I would go with something between 25k and 100k.

Typically passive humbuckers work best with 500k, which is what the J50BC is, but since you have the active circuitry the 500k wouldn't be ideal, as it's not really passive anymore.

edit: also, you are going to want to either keep the EMG input in that guitar or get a new stereo input and keep the EMG one with the EMG pick up. Really won't matter, just has to be stereo input jack.

idk where to get a new Jackin-input lol :rofl:

and this is the Je-1000 clone : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jackson-Guitar-Preamp-JE1000-Gain-Booster-wired-board-/150952560879

idk I mailed him once and I believe he told me that is the volume of the JE-1000 itself that is on there...idk.

if that were the volume pot in general that'd be great then i could move all the electronics to other guitar with the emg pickup.

and i will just not solder the wires from the battery and ground them to guitar(with no battery in slot)

...all good and well but the bitch isnt replying on ebay for the J-50bc -.- guess he is figuring out shipping costs

No no, I did not explain myself correctly. I was experimenting with cheaper transistors. They blew up. After replacing eith the good tested ones, everything works perfectly.

Chinese crap was a knockoff, they spared money on transistor die size, so it could not take higher power without overheating very quickly.

Finally recieved my Shredmaster (my version of the replica) yesterday, and what a blast it is!

But it got a huge delay due to the god damn flood in southern Norway causeing all the train-rails and almost all the roads connecting Norways capital to north of Norway where I live. And as of this the package must have taked quite a beating due to being loaded on and off trucks on each region of Norway instead of getting loaded at a train all the way.

So when it got delivered to my door yesterday the package seemed fine, but when unwrapping everything, I saw that the right wing of the rack was bent back and almost broken. I rushed to test it because I saw that the bending poing was very close to the SP-1000 "on" switch. The switch was fine, but the light-bulb over it was broken. The Weighted Company Cube had packed the unit greatly, but using bubble plast as reinforcement at the inside of the box, this wasn't the greatest idea, because of the edges of the rack are pretty sharp and easily knives through it when the box get too much movement as it did on my route.

Now to the good news. I tested the unit and compared it to my original GP-1000 88 with the slight gain mod and my original SP-1000. And cross tested them as well, Original GP->Shredmaster SP and Shredmaster GP->Original SP.

First off: The Shredmaster SP-1000 is a perfect copy of the original SP-1000. It sound exactly the same, so much the same that I've actually hidden away the original for a while because this new one is lighter and more convenient (even if it is a singel channel unit, it still got two outputs) and combining a GP-SP unit is great even if the rack is a bit crowded.

Then GP-1000:
It is a better sounding unit than my original, and it sound brilliant, with just as much gain you need for the Bodom sound, and when you have the switch inside for the 87 version on it has just about as much mid tone that it sounds almost identical to the sound you hear from the mix at the Seoul 2001 Show. It is beyond sweet, pure brilliance, and I almost couldn't force myself away from playing it. Add a tiny bit of delay or whatever effect you like and you are set for the best tone I've heard.

But with that said, me and The Weighted Company Cube had a little misunderstanding with the Second EQ. In order to have the Original tone with full gain, I need to put all the Second EQ switches on full when the Second EQ is off. When they are in other positions the gain level drops to what postition they are in, kind of like three extra volume controls

When I switch to the Second EQ on the volume drops drasticly, and I need to rise the master output(s) to get it back to the same level agian.

Kind of annoying, but we found a fix to it and I'll proably get a new prefect Second EQ curicut in the mail so I could solder it on with a guide from The Weighted Company Cube as soon as he returns from China. Along with a new front cover and switch (for free of course). And in return I will finally send my original JE-1000 for repair and cloning for you guys.

Just so you know this is just my unit, you could all choose to have an 100% original with only gain mods and no Second EQ for extra tone shaping, then it would be exactly the same as Bodoms 1999-2001 live tone without any aterations. Or have a new edition fixed Second EQ that could shape more tones to sound like the other albums and live eras.

EDIT:
I'll be back with pictures later tonight showing the unit and stuff.
That is IF I can keep myself off playing it!

Sounds great Rune, congratulations on your new unit!

Would buy one straight away if I didn't have to save some money for a few months..! :/

Sounds great Rune, congratulations on your new unit!

Would buy one straight away if I didn't have to save some money for a few months..! :/

Sell your other gear and wait for TWCC to get back from China, It is worth it :-D

20130528_223242.jpg

Promised a picture.
You can see the damaged rack wing and none working poweramp light-bulb over the switch.

20130528_223242.jpg

Promised a picture.
You can see the damaged rack wing and none working poweramp light-bulb over the switch.

if u take the 2nd EQ and the gainmod, do you have the original seoul sound with the option of a wider tone perspective if you happen to want it or does getting the extra EQ make u unable to get the seoul tone..

its great lol since i like the live in seoul show the best :p

if u take the 2nd EQ and the gainmod, do you have the original seoul sound with the option of a wider tone perspective if you happen to want it or does getting the extra EQ make u unable to get the seoul tone..

its great lol since i like the live in seoul show the best :p

You need some of the gainmods to get the seoul sound, but the extra EQ is just for tone shaping for other kind of music or the other bodom albums sound where Alexi uses something else than the GP-1000.

So you get the Bodom sound without the Second EQ as well, but it is a nice attribute.

The reason that the original EQ dosen't do much is that is it located before all the distortion and gain in the curcuit. Alexi and Roope has been pointing it out in numerous of interviews.

So placing a EQ straight after distorition really shapes the tone.

280, sadly, did not found transistors of high enough quality. Bought some a bit cheaper that were looking as a real deal from China. Try them out on high volume and Bang, went up in smoke.

Thats okay as long as you keep using quality components.

Hopefully Ill get some money soon, then Ill put in an order. Im getting tired of my Peavey 50/50 always dying on me

Also found out that due to the fan venting system that was added just before shipping, the unit almost seem room temperature now matter how long I play it. Excellent job!

Hopefully Ill get some money soon, then Ill put in an order. Im getting tired of my Peavey 50/50 always dying on me

Is that Peavey 50/50 classic power amp? Selling it?

Is that Peavey 50/50 classic power amp? Selling it?

Yes, I am. I just had power tubes and preamp tubes in channel 1 changed. I had it tested for several days by a tech to be sure it works as it should - and it does. Its a great power amp really, Ive just come to the conclusion that I dont like the sound of EL84s for my music.

Finally recieved my Shredmaster (my version of the replica) And in return I will finally send my original JE-1000 for repair and cloning for you guys.

hat would be SO awesome... if i can give a hint atm ..make the JE-1000 with a push-pull volume knob for on/off so nobody has to drill holes for the stupid switch.
and making the push-pull put the JE-1000 in ON mode when the knob state is pushed since it will be on most of the time.

just a good idea of mine :p

TWCC if u make also a clone of the JE-1000 which will probably better then the one on ebay(probably since u will copy rune's original) u will AGAIN make money on me :rofl: