LEE JACKSON GP-1000 88 replica for sale

It looks really nice! :D

By the way, I'm buying an Intellifex Ltd. Good one?

Thanks. I really like the look too.

My fellow guitar player has the Intellifex, both Silver face and Black face if my memory serves me right. Nice little machine, the Hush is quite impressive and he seems happy with it. Can't tell you more though, maybe he will add some info himself.

Oh, also, have some news - seems that I will be having the PCB's made professionally (at the moment I am making them myself). It should help maintain the high quality, will look nicer and will reduce the wiring mess inside a bit. Also, another company will be making custom toroidal transformers exactly as on original GP1000. It means saving some 100-200 grams on the transformer and a bit of space. The transformer I am using now is a bit of an overkill. Voltages are spot on, but it has enough power for 2 or 3 GP1000's.

Yup, I must admit that it looks really awesome on the day light. I was pretty amazed when I saw it for the first time...I think that the photo doesn't give you the opportunity to see the whole beauty of Rune's Shredmaster, but when you'll get one, you'll be more than satisfied;)

Maxim,

The LTD is just great, I mainly use it for HUSH/reverb/delay/chorus and I'm really happy with it...you'll get more than these and some more effects in 1U rack and for the price of 1 ZW38 BLS chorus...I also own this ZW38, but I think that the LTD chorus is better...using with the GP, I can get that vintage Zakk Wylde sound and it's just beautiful:)

Also, it's US high quality made, not a china crap and really really durable!

I would definitely buy it again;)

Yup, I must admit that it looks really awesome on the day light. I was pretty amazed when I saw it for the first time...I think that the photo doesn't give you the opportunity to see the whole beauty of Rune's Shredmaster, but when you'll get one, you'll be more than satisfied;)

Maxim,

The LTD is just great, I mainly use it for HUSH/reverb/delay/chorus and I'm really happy with it...you'll get more than these and some more effects in 1U rack and for the price of 1 ZW38 BLS chorus...I also own this ZW38, but I think that the LTD chorus is better...using with the GP, I can get that vintage Zakk Wylde sound and it's just beautiful:)

Also, it's US high quality made, not a china crap and really really durable!

I would definitely buy it again;)

There has been some delays but man are they worth it when you look at this setup.
My shredmaster looks beautiful, and sounds awesome too, can't wait to try it out myself. It is kind if a signature amp to me as I own two GPs and one SP already. Bu it just proves that you could design the front on it in any way you'd like/prefer.

On the Intellifex, could not agree more, excellent chorus, delay, reverb and mixing them. It has midi support for upgrading and controlling. Only thing it lacks against TC electronics/eventide/axe-fx/lexicon processors are effects spillover and volume muting. But for €100 you can't go wrong.

I am sending it this Monday (tomorrow), 100% sure.

While everybody is waiting, you can check out this video we made yesterday. It is a GP1000 and Intellifex feeding a 6L6 tube amp head via return loop. The sound was incredibly crispy, very, very nice in real life. Recorded with camera's mic, so it does not really do the justice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im interested in a GP1000 for sure.

about the SP1000, what are the pro's of having that 2nd channel? and would i really need it?

what mods do you guys advise me on the GP1000?

Well you would use the second channel if you wanted to go stereo for some reason, or go REALLY loud with two or four cabs. (Each channel has 2 same outputs) In reality, we did not use much more than 20 percent of the max 100W power. And even that can be loud as hell.

About the GP mods, I would definitely go for first gain mod. The other two should be changing a tone in distortion very slightly, but my ears are probably not that trained to spot the difference.

And if you want to be able to tweak the sound very much, I would go for the second EQ. First EQ (original) is placed before the distortion circuit, so possibility to change the tone is not that huge. However, our second EQ is placed after the distortion and you can for example add a LOT of treble, middle tone is very configurable too and the bass a bit less tweakable, but still there. If you for example turn the treble all the way to max, the tone goes very sharp and crispy. I personally like it very much, RR480 not so much. We were able to use the second EQ to overcome some difficulties with the lack of treble on one type of speakers. You can't do that with stock EQ.

Oh, and tweaking of the Mid pot range for sure. With the mod you are able to regulate the mids in 200-400% range of the default circuit.

Well you would use the second channel if you wanted to go stereo for some reason, or go REALLY loud with two or four cabs. (Each channel has 2 same outputs) In reality, we did not use much more than 20 percent of the max 100W power. And even that can be loud as hell.

About the GP mods, I would definitely go for first gain mod. The other two should be changing a tone in distortion very slightly, but my ears are probably not that trained to spot the difference.

And if you want to be able to tweak the sound very much, I would go for the second EQ. First EQ (original) is placed before the distortion circuit, so possibility to change the tone is not that huge. However, our second EQ is placed after the distortion and you can for example add a LOT of treble, middle tone is very configurable too and the bass a bit less tweakable, but still there. If you for example turn the treble all the way to max, the tone goes very sharp and crispy. I personally like it very much, RR480 not so much. We were able to use the second EQ to overcome some difficulties with the lack of treble on one type of speakers. You can't do that with stock EQ.

Oh, and tweaking of the Mid pot range for sure. With the mod you are able to regulate the mids in 200-400% range of the default circuit.

OK so to wrap it up
SP1000: only 1 channel needed

GP1000:
- the mid pot range
- the gain mod
- 2nd EQ

does each of these influence the ability to get the CoB sound?
and can the primary EQ be used without the 2ndary to interfere, in other words, if i turn 2nd EQ everything to 0 will it influence the 1st EQ?

which mods had alexi? or can u assure me those are in there(incase u dont want to tell what he had)

OK so to wrap it up
SP1000: only 1 channel needed

GP1000:
- the mid pot range
- the gain mod
- 2nd EQ

does each of these influence the ability to get the CoB sound?
and can the primary EQ be used without the 2ndary to interfere, in other words, if i turn 2nd EQ everything to 0 will it influence the 1st EQ?

which mods had alexi? or can u assure me those are in there(incase u dont want to tell what he had)

You can order a full SP-1000 with two channels in its own case if you want, but I cant see how to fit both channels into the GP+SP rackbox without oversizing it a lot (bigger than tube poweramp cases).

Alexi did not have a mod on his mid pot, but if you use the GP-1000 with the SP-1000 you might want more mid tones, as the SP is very bright and trebly. In case you don't own a JE-1000 which gives you more mids than EMG ALX & ESP-MM-04.

Alexi's GP does have all gain mods as this one (except one that is done to the tube curcuit), but at least in my version all of them are switchable, and so are the 87/88 model voicing.

Alexi didn't have the EQ althought his tech was a bit back and forth on that one, but it is also switchable in my unit and it gives you the option of EQ after the distortion tubes, just like having an EQ pedal in the effects loop sort of. Could shape the tone like one of alexi's onboard preamps (without the "wah" effect), suits you well if all you've got is an EMG 81 or SD Blackout.

You can order a full SP-1000 with two channels in its own case if you want, but I cant see how to fit both channels into the GP+SP rackbox without oversizing it a lot (bigger than tube poweramp cases).

Alexi did not have a mod on his mid pot, but if you use the GP-1000 with the SP-1000 you might want more mid tones, as the SP is very bright and trebly. In case you don't own a JE-1000 which gives you more mids than EMG ALX & ESP-MM-04.

Alexi's GP does have all gain mods as this one (except one that is done to the tube curcuit), but at least in my version all of them are switchable, and so are the 87/88 model voicing.

Alexi didn't have the EQ althought his tech was a bit back and forth on that one, but it is also switchable in my unit and it gives you the option of EQ after the distortion tubes, just like having an EQ pedal in the effects loop sort of. Could shape the tone like one of alexi's onboard preamps (without the "wah" effect), suits you well if all you've got is an EMG 81 or SD Blackout.

im was planning to have 2 different units but since that a combo GP+ SP is cheaper im pondering :rofl:

but its good to know i dont need a 2nd channel for SP1000
so price for what i have in mind will be around 610 euros no?
1 question though: what if i in the future do install a JE-1000 clone?
is the mod switchable to off position?

iI think there needs to be a manual with the amp :S since people new to rack equipment like me are gonna have a hard time figuring stuff out :S

Yes, everything important is switchable/bypassable :)

And when the time comes, there will be a nice manual. Don't worry, nothing very confusing. Also, I will be labeling everything to be understandable on the first look.

Also, yes, 610. Let's round it to 600, what the hell.

Yes, everything important is switchable/bypassable :)

And when the time comes, there will be a nice manual. Don't worry, nothing very confusing. Also, I will be labeling everything to be understandable on the first look.

Also, yes, 610. Let's round it to 600, what the hell.

btw, is that a standard finish? or did what rune has cost more?
how much would it cost to have black front and something else there instead of "rune shredder" or whatever it was?

btw im interested but I dont have the money yet, so u can shove this a long term :)
prob after 2-3 months or so il buy

Rune's Shredmaster is of course reserved for him :)

As it turns out, you can have whatever color and labeling you wish. I have to have the front panel printed one piece at the time, so let's say 10 eur and you can pick whatever design of the front panel you want. Your name or GP1000 + SP1000 poweramp, or some custom logo or signature or whatever. The printing job itself costs me 12 eur for one front panel, but I will press on them to get it to 10. I think it is way too expensive as it is, but it is very high quality printing.

2-3 months isn't actually that bad, I will be unavailable for a month and after that should have professionally made PCBs and custom toroidal transformers and premade cases, so the assembly itself would be very quick. It is the design part that takes ages.

Guys...I just wanted to tell you...that I'm just playing through our LJ with the Intellifex LTD...new DR JH 10-56 Tite Fit strings...sounds 30% better than the last record...aggressive, sharp and that clarity...om nom nom...and I am fucking enjoying it!:D....

Everybody said the same thing when Alexi went ENGL, but only thing that happened was a $100 drop at ebay, so they still won't be very cheap. Plus a stock Lee Jackson isn't any good at all....

Guys...I just wanted to tell you...that I'm just playing through our LJ with the Intellifex LTD...new DR JH 10-56 Tite Fit strings...sounds 30% better than the last record...aggressive, sharp and that clarity...om nom nom...and I am fucking enjoying it!:D....

What mods did you get for yours? Can't wait to get mine!

I think it is the same version just like the first GPSP in black case:)...maybe the only difference is that this one is much smaller than the black v1.0...
Your Shredmaster has much more mods...so I'm pretty excited about your first impressions when you turn on that beast:D.

And I also play Bogner Alchemist head and cab every saturday when practicing with other 2 bands....must admit that mine GP sounds much better:p...
My guitar needs a lot of mids and highs and I think GP fits her best:)...that screaming and pearcing sound when playing high notes with aggressive vibrato...wish you could hear it

Oh...I forgot to say that the clean sound that GP produces is also very nice...I just run it through LTD with some delay/reverb and I'm still smiling:D...I'm just...really happy with it and I have to say that TWCC did a great job. It's irreplaceable part of my gear.

I think it is the same version just like the first GPSP in black case:)...maybe the only difference is that this one is much smaller than the black v1.0...
Your Shredmaster has much more mods...so I'm pretty excited about your first impressions when you turn on that beast:D.

And I also play Bogner Alchemist head and cab every saturday when practicing with other 2 bands....must admit that mine GP sounds much better:p...
My guitar needs a lot of mids and highs and I think GP fits her best:)...that screaming and pearcing sound when playing high notes with aggressive vibrato...wish you could hear it

You seem to have forgotten that I've got a modded original gp-1000 already, almost just as much as yours in fact, and I've also got the original sp-1000 so I've heard both the distortion and the clean brilliance. The other two gainmods (which is on the shredmaster) are essencial to a true bodom sound, you should get them as well!

Oh and you really need to get a new cab with celestions in it, bogner got shit cabs, at least since Line 6 bought the company. It should be a great improvement to the sound, both with the bogner head and the gpsp mix.

Still using EMG ALX? I'm going to send you guys my other original JE-1000 soon, grab a clone of it instead of the ALX booster!