LEE JACKSON GP-1000 88 replica for sale

Yep, you can't simply lower the transformer power on SP1000 (yes, solid state), without other modifications. But the modifications are very simple - for 50W sp1000 it would mean changing of two resistors and getting rid of one transistor pair, for 20W changing 2-4 resistors and also getting rid of one transistor pair. I could also lower the capacity of filtering caps. SP1000 based poweramp with 20W power rating would be very small, light, transportable. And you would NOT loose any of the tone modifications (they are independent, running on different voltage as the power section), just the maximum volume would be lower.

Yep, you can't simply lower the transformer power on SP1000 (yes, solid state), without other modifications. But the modifications are very simple - for 50W sp1000 it would mean changing of two resistors and getting rid of one transistor pair, for 20W changing 2-4 resistors and also getting rid of one transistor pair. I could also lower the capacity of filtering caps. SP1000 based poweramp with 20W power rating would be very small, light, transportable. And you would NOT loose any of the tone modifications (they are independent, running on different voltage as the power section), just the maximum volume would be lower.

Didn't know that they where running on a different section. Would be ideal with lower wattage for stereo cabinets with 2x12. 100x100 is for 4x12 cabinets only.

Well, this is how the front panel will look like when using almost all features. There is SP1000, GP1000 and secondary EQ, so things are a bit crammed.

This particular version with some personal modiifications will go to Rune.

lz8Xewd.png

Au1B71d.png

Looks sweet if you ask me, there is possibilities to short down on knobs and stuff, but I really like to have everything on the front for easier access, there is of course more switches going on on the PCB, but, I think I would keep them all on at all times anyways.
Hope a lot of people post pictures of their design as well, would be fun to see what kind of unit you guys want?

That looks awesome!!

Ok, maybe someone can 'splain something to me. I understand regular amps and how to use them....but....

GP-1000 - pre-amp? I would still need a power amp to run this with correct? Or run it through the F/X loop on my Blackstar Amp

SP-1000 - poweramp - this only powers a pre-amp? This has nothing to do with tone, or does it?

Rack equipment is new to me, but I would really like to purchase at least the pre-amp when they are available, just want to make sure I get what I need to use it.

Thanks!

Hope Rune can post some clips or pics of this when he gets his.

I really appreciate everything that is going into this. I haven't been this excited about guitar equipment in a LONG time.

@srob7001: You're right. But the power amp can influence also your tone. Check the gear thread, Rune was talking about some stuff relating to this.

By the way, you could do this: http://www.doodle.com/ ; for checking who would buy it !

The secondary, EQ is for further tone shaping, it didn't feature in any Bodom or Stone amp, but could shape the tone like JE-1000/MM-04 for those guitar without preamps with EQ. And in my version at least, its on/off switchable at the front panel.

There is also three gainmods done to the amp for sweeter distortion and toneshaping, mainly more mids and smoother treble.

The Sp-1000 gives the setup more gain and shapes the tone with a sharp and crisp tone, so there is definatly worth to have poweramps both in terms of overall sound and gain.

But you could use any comboamp or practice amp at the gp-1000 into amp input, but the result would be better through an effects loop, but the combo amps sound will shape the sound, like if I put my gp in the loop of my randall rg75 it sounds very bassy, while through my 5150II it is sharp as a needle.

Is it going to be a standard model or are you going to be able to pick what mods you want for your unit?
And it would be cool if the 2nd eq was switchable

Is it going to be a standard model or are you going to be able to pick what mods you want for your unit?
And it would be cool if the 2nd eq was switchable

You can have standard, and pick whatever mods you like. If someone wanted, I could even make the standard look like the original on the inside (huuuge PCB and all)

Second eq is switchable, yes.

I will be uploading some pictures of Rune's GP+SP in an hour or two, stay tuned :)

You can have standard, and pick whatever mods you like. If someone wanted, I could even make the standard look like the original on the inside (huuuge PCB and all)

Second PCB is switchable, yes.

I will be uploading some pictures of Rune's GP+SP in an hour or two, stay tuned :)

Excellent!!!!

And heeere we have it. I only have to drill some holes and mount the power transformers (not on photo), do remaining wiring plus some smaller bits here and there and it will be done.

As you can see, there is some reinforced cooling. Fan is very quiet and quite useful.

Umf6vA9.jpg

sSoE9mc.jpg

And heeere we have it. I only have to drill some holes and mount the power transformers (not on photo), do remaining wiring plus some smaller bits here and there and it will be done.

As you can see, there is some reinforced cooling. Fan is very quiet and quite useful.

Umf6vA9.jpg

sSoE9mc.jpg

Holy shit, looks better than expected! Everything, seems alright so far, both with modification and placements. Well done!

Can't wait to get this and try it out :D

wow that looks really great!
after that you will start building my unit arent you? :D
i´m looking forward :)

wow that looks really great!
after that you will start building my unit arent you? :D
i´m looking forward :)

Thank you!

Regarding your unit - sadly, I am going abroad in 2 weeks for 3 weeks, so it is quite possible, that I won't be able to ship it before I leave..

Edit: In fact, I have one pre-made case, so I could save a lot of time there.. I will do what I can, but can't promise shipping before the end of the May :/ Will keep you posted!

I'm not very familiar with electronics and mods like rune is, and I would like more information about the mods and the 2nd EQ

also i would like to know standard price of seperate 1u GP1000 and 1U SP1000
what the pro's and con's are for putting them together in 1U?

Im interested. but will wait for more info and some sound from Rune's version once finished and delivered to him :)

Sorry to keep you waiting guys, I was working full time on completing Rune's combo unit, so I can send it to him this Monday.

Here is a photo for you. Company that printed labels screwed up text conversion a bit (moved some labels etc.), so I will be getting a new panel. But I think that the look of it is very nice.

6D66ScY.jpg

Main pro of combining the units is space. You have preamp+poweramp in 44x483x230mm case, weight is around 4-5 kg. That's 100W of power that you can take with you in a small bag, even in backpack.

Main con.. well.. maybe that the front panel gets a bit crowded when you want all mods and also poweramp volume and led wave. And don't forget, that there is only one channel of SP. Original has two independent channels. However, even one poweramp channel has two output jacks, so you can connect two separate cabs if you want.

Price for 1U GP1000 is 330 EUR without the mods (=original), or up to 360 depending on what mods you pick.

The price for 1 channel SP1000 is 280 EUR, 2 channel SP1000 is 480 EUR.

The price for 1 channel SP1000 added to GP case is 250.