LEE JACKSON GP-1000 88 replica for sale

Start reading the thread instead of just posting. This was discussed two weeks ago, same thread page.

Well well well.

Patience, young padawan. I simply don't have enough time to make daily updates.

The thing about the cost is, that with ~350 EUR for GP I am cutting it really close to the bone. If I had to take into account the amount of manhours that go into completion of one GP or SP, the prices would be more like 600, maybe more. (LJ wanted 600 USD for new version of his GP, and was probably thinking about 100+ sale units)

But of course, no one would buy them for 600, so I've looked for better deals on parts, cut my profit to practically zero, just covering (some part of) expenses. ~350 is right on the limit. Maybe (really, only maybe) I could get down to ~300 if more people wanted it (at least 5+, better 10+), but that's a long way to go from this day. We did not present any meaningful videos and recordings of new prototype, you don't have a review from Rune yet, so the actual sales are irrelevant for now.

I'll upload a picture and some text about actual progress in an hour or so, combo unit is practically finished.

//edit: Also, MaximHateCrew, the cost of SP1000 depends mostly on transistors, it is fckin hard to even buy them. If I can find a good deal, you can get a better price. But I can't promise it, as you surely understand.

Start reading the thread instead of just posting. This was discussed two weeks ago, same thread page.

well al things taken into account TWCC put it like this:

GP: 350-ish
GP+SP: 600-650-ish
+ upto 70 euro on costs depending on what finish u want( engraving etc)

thusfar some peeps still find this expensive, yet even in all thus ruckus;
there is still no finished product, still no test results.
this kind of build time surely makes us doubt if multiple units can be made and sold.

so imo get a fully operational unit that will look like one you will sell,
have it tested by rune, put a price on it( not estimation) and see....

well al things taken into account TWCC put it like this:

GP: 350-ish
GP+SP: 600-650-ish
+ upto 70 euro on costs depending on what finish u want( engraving etc)

thusfar some peeps still find this expensive, yet even in all thus ruckus;
there is still no finished product, still no test results.
this kind of build time surely makes us doubt if multiple units can be made and sold.

so imo get a fully operational unit that will look like one you will sell,
have it tested by rune, put a price on it( not estimation) and see....

Arystar,

It looks like you have overlooked Rune's last post. Please, read it again.

About the build time: Patience. You'll get what you want. We try our best to make things working, but it depends on other pleople too, since we have to cooperate with the guy that makes cases and with some companies for eloxing, engraving, painting etc. Moreover, TWCC has tons of other work to do and I have to study a lot now.

As soon as we get all the prices, reliable companies, dealers and finally some time, we will make demos of the final product and we will ship it to Rune for testing. When everybody is satisfied, producing of a several units is just a matter of one week. We take this really seriously so we won't release any crap.

TWCC is now working on a 3D model of the smallest possible version of the GP.

Feel free to discuss anything:)

Arystar,

It looks like you have overlooked Rune's last post. Please, read it again.

About the build time: Patience. You'll get what you want. We try our best to make things working, but it depends on other pleople too, since we have to cooperate with the guy that makes cases and with some companies for eloxing, engraving, painting etc. Moreover, TWCC has tons of other work to do and I have to study a lot now.

As soon as we get all the prices, reliable companies, dealers and finally some time, we will make demos of the final product and we will ship it to Rune for testing. When everybody is satisfied, producing of a several units is just a matter of one week. We take this really seriously so we won't release any crap.

TWCC is now working on a 3D model of the smallest possible version of the GP.

Feel free to discuss anything:)

Nice!

I'm still waiting for a prototypish version to land at my post office, but with hard to get parts and delayed deliveries + people actually having jobs/school to attend, I might not get mine before May or sometime this summer. But I know these guys are doing their research, I emailed hundreds of pictures their way with in detail measurements of caps/resistors and transistors and pictures of type and voltage and so on. On both GP-1000 and SP-1000. I'm also planning on letting them get their hands on one of my original JE-1000's that's not working as it should be at the moment. (Really trebly and highly sensitive to string buzz for some reason). Letting them copy the whole thing and fix it if they can. The other copies out there are all good, but all made after an old unoffical schematic.
I'm sure they could do a better job with it.

So have patience people, these guys will get you a full amp that will deliver better tones than most amps out there for cheap. Heck a new ENGL e530 cost just as much, and that's just a preamp.

Hey there,

only small reply for now - I've managed to shrink the original SP1000 PCB size from 180x235mm to 100x160mm - around 38% of original size.

Original main PCB of GP is around 240x130mm, actual version is 200x75mm and will go down a bit more. Currently at 48% of original.

Both mean, that the case can be smaller, lighter, cheaper.

My target size for mini GP1000 case is around 220x150x45mm, or in a stacked design 220x80x80mm.

I'm still waiting for a prototypish version to land at my post office, but with hard to get parts and delayed deliveries + people actually having jobs/school to attend, I might not get mine before May or sometime this summer. But I know these guys are doing their research, I emailed hundreds of pictures their way with in detail measurements of caps/resistors and transistors and pictures of type and voltage and so on. On both GP-1000 and SP-1000. I'm also planning on letting them get their hands on one of my original JE-1000's that's not working as it should be at the moment. (Really trebly and highly sensitive to string buzz for some reason). Letting them copy the whole thing and fix it if they can. The other copies out there are all good, but all made after an old unoffical schematic.
I'm sure they could do a better job with it.

So have patience people, these guys will get you a full amp that will deliver better tones than most amps out there for cheap. Heck a new ENGL e530 cost just as much, and that's just a preamp.

that JE-1000 idea sounds awesome 2 if they could reproduce that to :)

Gentlemen,

do you care if the GP1000 will have push/pull pots, or a small pushbutton switch next to the pot?

Push/pull pots are original, but ~5 times more expensive.

TWCC

Gentlemen,

do you care if the GP1000 will have push/pull pots, or a small pushbutton switch next to the pot?

Push/pull pots are original, but ~5 times more expensive.

TWCC

I don't mind, but can't speak for everybody. As long as the botton solution is sturdy, it would actually be better or a miniswitch would be even better because it would seperate the on/off with better visual differences.

I don't mind, but can't speak for everybody. As long as the botton solution is sturdy, it would actually be better or a miniswitch would be even better because it would seperate the on/off with better visual differences.

+1

EDIT: Just asking, what'd better to buy: ENGL or VHT power amp ?
I'll buy the replica so don't worry by answering my question ahah

Yep sure but Roope Stone's sound and COB(Alexi/Roope) sounds also great. :(

Yup, I like his Stone sound too, but for that you'll need J50BC and JE-1000...and a custom shop quality guitar...unfortunately, dealer from Czech republic told me that black Jackson RR Wildchild style costs 4k € and the build time is ~18 months:yell:

You could allways buy a J-50BC and the JE-1000 replica that is on eBay, they are good and gives a bit wah-sounds.
Unless you want to keep your Katakana original.

I have the Edwards Blacky with the Blackout and MM-04 but I have to keep the boost off because it picks up too much noise with the active pickup.
Problem is that I do want to keep it original and dont want to unsolder the original installation. But I would like to change to another pickup.