Leper or Drapery?

Whether to play The Leper Affinity or The Drapery Falls at a high school assembly

• The Leper Affinity

Votes: 64 47.8%
  • The Drapery Falls

Votes: 70 52.2%

• Total voters
I know there is a lot of debate about whether the ambiance will work out for us. We're not playing inside - outside, with relatively good equipment. As RB2610 said, not many people at our school either will like it. Plus, The Drapery Fall isn't the only song we're playing, so capturing the audiences attention may be slightly easier. The line up of songs is:

The Drapery Falls - Opeth
Punish My Heaven - Dark Tranquillity
Stockholm Syndrome - Muse
Bloodtrocuted - Dethklok

Very interesting arvo it will be, but great fun never-the-less.

We've been thinking of doing 2 concerts in quick succession, and I will definitely put The Leper Affinity out there.

I also reckon that with The Drapery, it will grab peoples attention more, as it changes from heavy to soft a lot. Whereas The Leper would attract peoples attention because it's hard to play. I was practicing it in my private lessons (the riff just after the solo) and one of the girls that worked there walked in, and was like :OMG: . Whereas when we were practicing The Drapery Falls today at lunch people walked past and wouldn't give two hoots really.

Oh school is in country town in Victoria, Australia

Though it's too late to make a difference here I'll just throw in that TDF is likely the better choice just because it won't scare the audience away too much. While I'm usually not one to cater to non-metalheads its probably just inappropriate to blast an aggressive song like TLA in their faces, especially if you wish to find some future Opeth fans who might not yet have discovered their inner metalhead... TDF is, for lack of a better word, a beautiful song. Even some heavier parts are nicely melodic and relatively easy on the ears (pull me down again...) for people accustomed to more tame music. TLA is powerful sounding and more likely to kick ass on the first listen to someone who can tolerate it at all... but those might not be the people you're playing to.

On the other hand...
Confuse them with "When".
Seconded.

I'd say you should go with The Drapery Falls. That song has got a huge range of feelings and tense/relaxed moments you can exploit and make a damn good show. Hope it turns out well :)

Although The Leper Affinity is one of my fav's (I know how can one choose a favorite lol) But for the setting I would have to say go with The Drapery Falls.
Good luck :)