LETHAL REPLACES MYSTIC PROPHECY FOR CHICAGO POWERFEST 2007

GateXII

Soul Collector
Jun 26, 2001
Chicago, IL
www.twelfthgate.net
Reunited power/progressive metal legends LETHAL have just confirmed for CHICAGO POWERFEST 2007 as replacements for MYSTIC PROPHECY, who as recently reported was forced to cancel their Powerfest performance due to passport/visa issues. The 5th annual metal festival will take place on Friday, April 20th and Saturday, April 21st at The Pearl Room in Mokena, IL (located just outside Chicago).

This will be LETHAL's first US performance since reuniting after 10 years of silence, and the band will be featuring their "Your Favorite God/Poison Seed" lineup of Tom Mallicoat (vocals), Dave McElfresh (guitars), Eric Cook (guitars), Jerry Hartmann (drums), and Glen Cook (bass). The band will be co-headlining the Friday night of the fest with doom metal legends SOLITUDE AETURNUS, and will be focusing of material from their classic "Programmed" album, as well as the critically acclaimed "Your Favorite God" EP.

Current Powerfest lineup:

LETHAL
SOLITUDE AETURNUS
MARTYR
SATURNUS
NOVEMBERS DOOM
BENEDICTUM
SHATTER MESSIAH
THURISAZ
SUSPYRE

The final band to complete the lineup, which is also targeted to fill the headlining slot on the Saturday night of the fest, will be announced before week's end. Tickets for the fest are on sale now via all Ticketmaster outlets, and will also be made available at various Chicago area locations (The Colliseum, Threshold Music, Discount Records, Metal Haven & Impulse Music) within the next couple weeks on a "cash only" basis.

For more information regarding the fest and the bands, please visit www.ChicagoPowerfest.com or www.myspace.com/chicagopowerfest

Lethal. Wow...I expected someone of at least Mystic Prophecy caliber. Sorry to sound a bit down, just expected someone with drawing power. Oh well. Still going to be there.

Don't be an ignorant metalhead. Just because they might not draw you, doesn't mean they don't have drawing power.

Ah hah...I figured you were one of those Power Metal newbies I mentioned...and as I said I would say...Shame on you!! :p

Far from a Power Metal newbie....just very selective on what I like. Smart with SA wanting not to headline though...most people drift out early if the show is going late.

I will give Lethal a chance but people goofed on my pick of Elvenking for not being a drawing band. What are those people going to say now.

Don't be an ignorant metalhead. Just because they might not draw you, doesn't mean they don't have drawing power.

I'm 43 and remember Lethal back when when Programmed came out. They have 2 full length CD's and an EP...I don't think anyone can call me ignorant when I say they have very little drawing power.

Lethal. Wow...I expected someone of at least Mystic Prophecy caliber. Sorry to sound a bit down, just expected someone with drawing power. Oh well. Still going to be there.

So, Diabolik...were you born this cynical, or have you honed it into an art-form over the years? If all you are going to do is complain, why even go? Almost every band that has been mentioned you have had something bad to say about them. Honestly, it's starting to get a little redundant and boring, and you can quit at anytime now.....I know I, personally, will find it a relief.

BTW rob.....from a power metal "oldie" this announcement rawks!! Was looking forward to MP, but Lethal definitely is a plus!! Good pick!!:headbang: :kickass:

Well, I'll be damned ... didn't see that one coming. I have "Programmed" ... got into them several years ago when I was searching out bands that kind of had a Queensryche vibe going on. It's been a while since I listened to it ... I need to revisit it. I do know it is quite a good disc.

Britt

Far from a Power Metal newbie....just very selective on what I like. Smart with SA wanting not to headline though...most people drift out early if the show is going late.

I will give Lethal a chance but people goofed on my pick of Elvenking for not being a drawing band. What are those people going to say now.

I understand that you're being selective, but what I meant is that if you had been into power metal back in the mid 90s, I would almost bet you would have liked these guys...as did so many!! I think that because you probably became a power metal fan after that time frame/era, you are now comparing Lethal to bands you are now discovering. That's my point by making the power metal newbie comment.

Serious question...and be honest!! When did you first start getting into power metal, and who was the first band that got you into the genre? Be honest...cuz I'll know. :p

And honestly, as far as power metal bands go, Lethal is my Elvenking. :p :kickass:

I've been wanting to get a reunited Lethal for Powerfest since the very first year, so they're of course the one band I'm looking forward to most.:kickass:

This makes me so happy, and no matter what anyone thinks they're drawing potential is...I don't care!! These guys were by far one of my favorite power metal bands in the late 90s, and even if they were playing just for me, and no one else cared, I'd still want them to play. But IMO, I don't think that will be the case...and as far as American power metal bands go, they were among the best...period!

Also, any fans who were into power metal in the days it first started gaining popularity here in the US in the mid 90s will most certainly know who these guys are, and will almost certainly share my sentiment. They were that good back in the day!! :kickass:

No, I'd guess that more fans of this festival have probably heard of Lethal. To me, they have more of a cult following because of their age.

To each thier own and it's your festival so while everyone has a right to thier opinion, the only one that matters is yours.

Well, I'll be damned ... didn't see that one coming. I have "Programmed" ... got into them several years ago when I was searching out bands that kind of had a Queensryche vibe going on. It's been a while since I listened to it ... I need to revisit it. I do know it is quite a good disc.

Britt

You gotta check out the EP too! You can sample a song on our Myspace page.

The EP has an old Nevermore (self-titled era) feel to the music & the vocals are a bit heavier than the Tate-ish sound Mallicoat had on Programmed...they definitely got significantly heavier after "Programmed' & that's when I really started loving them. :kickass:

You gotta check out the EP too! You can sample a song on our Myspace page.

The EP has an old Nevermore (self-titled era) feel to the music & the vocals are a bit heavier than the Tate-ish sound Mallicoat had on Programmed...they definitely got significantly heavier after "Programmed' & that's when I really started loving them. :kickass:
I'll have to check those out ... I've got a few sources out there. Thanks for the recommendations. I'm relatively sure I will enjoy them.

Britt