Lets discuss Gojira

Jackehh

Oct 9, 2007
For anyone who doesn't know about Gojira: A very dynamic, progressive band which is (in my opinion) on level with opeth. From France!

Gojira is such an incredible band I think, I was totally blown away by From Mars to Sirius, that album is pretty much flawless! I actually learned of Gojira from this forum and I have to say I'm eternally grateful for that, this band is seriously amazing!

Has anyone heard their latest release, The Way of all Flesh? It hasn't been released yet but well, I did download the leak and I didn't find it that all great in the beginning but now I've truly come to understand the brilliance of it. I think what made me hesitate about the album was the fact that it was fairly different from their former master piece, which is not only very surprising but also brave, daring to develop even further into the progressive genre when they've already got an incredible sound (Opeth anyone?)

Anyway I just wanted to share my thoughts about these french talents, I've pre-ordered their latest CD already!

Yes, very good band, I listen to them every now and then when in need of extreme stuff with a groove. I'm only familiar with Sirious at this point though. Should propably check the others (and the new one) too.

From Mars to Sirius is great...the new one, not so much. I don't know, just can't get into it at all. There are a few good songs on it though.

I think I need to listen to the new album a bit more, it hasn't hit me like The Link or From Mars.... did. They are streaming the album on their myspace which is great for those who don't download. Digging "Esoteric Surgery" and "The Art of Dying" from the new album. I like their lyrical themes, singing about the environment is awesome.

I tried them about a year ago and wasn't much impressed, kinda boring actually. I'll give them a try again since a lot of people say they're very good :)

I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on this! FMTS is seriously awesome, and the new songs sound good, from what I've heard on MySpace. I might go see them blow In Flames off the stage on Dec 7.

hm elaborate them being non-progressive BlueSky, I know they have basically the same "sound" (I.e they dont have such obvious change of passages as opeth do) but they are still very progressive I think, death of me, esoteric surgery and ocean planet are great examples I think

I thought From Mars To Sirius was pretty cool, but the new album sounds really uninspired to mine ears, and having Randy Blythe on there just seems to make the whole experience that much more shitty.

you should, they need more listeners!

Like I said, the new record is hard to listen to. I started listened to it but got bored quickly, then I left it for a few weeks and tried again and fell in love with it

I probably overplayed The Way of All Flesh allready, haha. I'm not gonna listen to it for some months now.

With that said, Flesh is probably their weakest album, I think (but it ain't bad). Sirius is over the top awesome, and the rest is really good too.