Lets discuss Gojira

Actually I dont just quite understand how gojira can be so diverse while having, on the surface, rather similar way of playing (incredible drum beats with tremolopicking all over the place) but they really are different, its weird but seriously just compare ocean planet/backbone/flying whales for example, they are all different from each other and they blow you away completely. Seriously, if they play backbone live...

Been listening to these guys more and more recently (the albums are in the post) And there's just something about them. The musicianship is incredable for one, but I think its the emotion they convey and the unusual lyrics. Would kill to see them live, I keep banging my head on my desk while I'm working due to awesome-enduced headbanging.

Bump.
Talked to Joe in Gojira last night aaaaaaaaand he said that a certain fave band of ours might bring them along for the rumored US tour spring 2009.
Think that would be a very sweet combination.

Saw them two days in a row this weekend and wow, they just blew me away. I seldom feel that way about bands nowadays (old and tired, haha).
Can't wait to see them again.

Bump.
Talked to Joe in Gojira last night aaaaaaaaand he said that a certain fave band of ours might bring them along for the rumored US tour spring 2009.
Think that would be a very sweet combination.

Saw them two days in a row this weekend and wow, they just blew me away. I seldom feel that way about bands nowadays (old and tired, haha).
Can't wait to see them again.

Was the second GBG gig better than the first one? Different setlist? I hope not! :D
I left after in flames began to play their third song. The first song was pretty cool though, but meh, lolzinflamez.

Was the second GBG gig better than the first one? Different setlist? I hope not! :D
I left after in flames began to play their third song. The first song was pretty cool though, but meh, lolzinflamez.

In Flames were better the second night, can't really say for Gojira though, both gigs were just plain awesome. Think the setlist was the same.

Joe admitted that it was a bit tough playing for the rather unenthusiastic Swedish crowd but I explained a bit about the demographics of the average Swedish In Flames fan and reassured him that if they come here with a more suitable bill there there will be loads of happy headbanging fans, just like in Norway and the rest of the world.