Let's hear it for Van Halen!!!!

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
Y'all knew I'd get around to posting on this one sooner or later!!! Anyway, has anyone else picked up the BEST OF BOTH WORLDS greatest hits set yet??? I think it freaking rules the land and I'll tell you why....first and foremost, the 3 new tracks rock. I was a little disappointed initially that there were only 3 tracks as opposed to them just holding out for a whole new album. But they are damn good. These are the heaviest VH tunes since UNCHAINED! And a friendly "what the hell are you talking about?!?!" to anybody who thinks HAGAR is better than ROTH, but I gotta say he does a fiiiiiiiiiiiiiine job on these new tracks. He flat out wails. I am glad Edward decided to play GUITAR for the new tracks and not puss out like he has in the past. These three tracks alone are worth the 2cd set and make you remember why you ever stood in front of a mirror perfecting your "goofy grin" in the first place, if you know what I mean? Who in here plays guitar and never wanted to be Eddie when they say the HOT FOR TEACHER video??? I must have gone through 3 denim vests and 7 or 8 "NO BOZOS" tshirts back in the day...before I got fat and older when dressing like your favorite rock star become "uncool". SECONDLY, the packaging is great. The artwork is Ed's old FRANKENSTEIN guitar complete with scratches and dings built right into the cardboard sleeve. "3-d" if you will. The booklet could'a been a little better though...they should have had a buncha photos of the career like metallica did in Garage Inc or something like that....Motley did it on Decade of Decadence...you know...show the whole evolution and shit....finally, the best songs really are on there except for maybe a couple...the Hagar tunes are the cream of the crop from his time in the band and they thankfully left out any hint of Gary Cherone fronted material! Even I had trouble loving that album...geeeeez. At least Gary went on to bigger and better things like "Tribe of Judah". AS IF!

Pick this thing up if you are remotely a fan of the band and you'll remember why you used to like them....just don't forget to put on your parachute pants and fire up a Winston and a cold Schlitz....if you're feeling really sporty..see if you can find some huge LEG WARMERS like Dave used to wear and put your underwear on OUTSIDE your pants like he did in the JUMP video. I think you'll be glad you did.

Off to barbecue some chicken! And remember folks,

it ain't the size of your boat...it's the motion in the ocean!!!!!
Love
Ted

Hahaha... sounds like you like it Ted!! :lol: How much did you pay? If it's not an arm and a leg I may grab it, or maybe wait to find it used.

Greeno I picked it up for $17.00!!!
While, I'm not blown away by the new material, I am happy to see Hagar
back. I bought the damn thing on the morning of release, even if it
wasn't a new record. Why? For the simple fact that I wanted my money to go toward another platinum plaque for Hagar with Van Halen. Anything to rub that in the nose of that dickhead David Lee Rot... Yeah I said Rot!!!!!

sixxswine said:
Greeno I picked it up for $17.00!!!
While, I'm not blown away by the new material, I am happy to see Hagar
back. I bought the damn thing on the morning of release, even if it
wasn't a new record. Why? For the simple fact that I wanted my money to go toward another platinum plaque for Hagar with Van Halen. Anything to rub that in the nose of that dickhead David Lee Rot... Yeah I said Rot!!!!!

And I thought I was the ONLY one that prefered Hagar over Roth!
I was never that big of a VH fan but I will buy Best of Both Worlds just to have all their hits, plus the new tracks.

desert_demon said:
And I thought I was the ONLY one that prefered Hagar over Roth!
I was never that big of a VH fan but I will buy Best of Both Worlds just to have all their hits, plus the new tracks.
No I love Hagar era Van Halen too! You'll get a good set with all the better know VH hits from both singers & the new tracks. You might be disappointed by the sequencing of the tracks. Disc one kicks off with Eruption, then kick into a new track. Then there's the next two tracks, then it's Roth & then Hagar tracks, it's the pattern. I would have opted for an all Hagar disc & and all Roth disc. Or better yet, have two separate discs sold indivudually. I would have just picked up the Hagar one only!!!!! You guys that have seen the tracklisting or that have bought it know what I mean about the sequencing...
Also, there was a reports on a couple of site that Michael wasn't credoited for playing on the new tracks?! Where is that?! It's not in the liners?!