Van Halen/Maiden

Here's one in defense of the ROTH ARMY...for the SWINE...to put it, gentlemanly, into perspective.

MOTLEY CRUE...

Suppose after the MC 94 album, ( a great album!) Motley Crue went on to great commercial success with John Corabi and decided to keep him in the band for years and years to come... Let's say Motley kept putting out great records, but they continued a steady stream of music and lyrical content that was "growth" to some fans and critics alike. All well and good....HOWEVER, at some point in time you're gonna wanna put TOO FAST FOR LOVE back on or even GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS and have some fuckin' FUN!!!! You're gonna also realize that, damn...maybe VINCE wasn't the greatest singer in the world....but maybe there was a chemistry when he was in the band that made you actually WANT a piece of somebody's action!

That's all I'm saying. Eddie and co. became better musicians through the years and Sammy is clearly the better singer...from a technical standpoint...But I like the FLASH! I like the Jim Dandy Ripoff!! I STILL LOVE SANTA CLAUS, DAMMIT!

IS ANYBODY WITH ME????

And remember,'The only people who put iced tea in Jack Daniels bottles are the CLASH, baby!' - DLR at the US FEST.

tedvanfrehley said:
Here's one in defense of the ROTH ARMY...for the SWINE...to put it, gentlemanly, into perspective.

MOTLEY CRUE...

Suppose after the MC 94 album, ( a great album!) Motley Crue went on to great commercial success with John Corabi and decided to keep him in the band for years and years to come... Let's say Motley kept putting out great records, but they continued a steady stream of music and lyrical content that was "growth" to some fans and critics alike. All well and good....HOWEVER, at some point in time you're gonna wanna put TOO FAST FOR LOVE back on or even GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS and have some fuckin' FUN!!!! You're gonna also realize that, damn...maybe VINCE wasn't the greatest singer in the world....but maybe there was a chemistry when he was in the band that made you actually WANT a piece of somebody's action!
You mean to tell me The Hagar era Van Halen records aren't fun?! 5150, OU812 are great summertime records, sure the lyrics changed, due to the fact that Hagar was in charge of that department. I don't know that the Motley arguement holds much weight, to speculate that Corabi wasn't into more than MC '94 isn't fair. Just pick up The Scream's Let It Scream, Union & Union's The Blue Room or even the ESP record he did with Eric Singer & you'll clearly hear that he's more versatile than MC'94.... Vince & Roth are one trick ponies, they are all flash & nothing more. The later Van Halen records, have more of this blue collar feel to them, meaning F.U.C.K. & Balance. That's the evolution of the band, if you listen to the new tracks on the Best of disc, they sound right about where the band left off. Hey, I really dug the tracks they recorded with Roth for best of Vol. #1, they were modern sounding Roth Halen, I just prefer Hagar...

Originally Posted by Wyvern
Hmmm, actually JP did worst with their second singer (I'm not counting Atkins at all, so Owens is their second), and never had a third since is the first.

JonnyD said:
I Naturally Disagree :wave:

I would have to agree, two live records, one dvd & only two studio records?
I love Tim's delivery on the Priest classic, but there wasn't much happening with Jugulator & Demolition. Demolition has to be the next biggest disaster, this side of Halford's TWO project!

No offense meant...just saying...Corabi with CRUE was "darker" and even tracks like Hooligan's Holiday weren't really as loose as something like, I dunno, S.O.S....I'm just saying...different chemistry. I like OU812 and 5150...don't forget I will always be Edward's #1 fan...but to me they don't hold a candle to ICE CREAM MAN, DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY, UNCHAINED, HOT FOR TEACHER, and the like...Van Halen with Roth and Van Halen with Sammy are two different bands...I just like the first one more than the second...

bottom line....

I like the flash.

JonnyD said:
I Naturally Disagree :wave:

Yeah, but I know you're not as huge fan of JP as I am :D Don't you love to have someone to disagree with in a sea of agreement? :p

ZoMb!M@N said:
I'm a huge Halford fan. I bought all the Fight and Halford records the day they came out. I even bought the "Two" project... nobody's perfect ... :D

Did anyone else hear those rumors that the movie "Rock Star" was based on Ripper Owens experiences on his first tour with Judas Priest??

I passed on Two o_O But I recall when Fight came that I was like wow this is cool, and when Halford return I was like sheeeeeet somebody shoot Tipton
I like Ripper vocals and I believe that with proper composition he'll have been a suitable replacement for a new directed JP (which I don't believe was the case with IM and Bayley, of course Dickinson return show not much improvement :Spin: ).

Did you saw " Rock Star"? I recall when I saw it being pissed at the movie, because I considered it was too close for confort to the JP story, but very twisted to be a tribute, more like an insult. Judas Priest of course have always denied the parallelism and/or endorse anything of the movie, and I agree is the right thing to do...even if the situations depicted in the movie were the truth and not what Halford and the band stated at the time.

Wyvern said:
Did you saw " Rock Star"? I recall when I saw it being pissed at the movie, because I considered it was too close for confort to the JP story, but very twisted to be a tribute, more like an insult. Judas Priest of course have always denied the parallelism and/or endorse anything of the movie, and I agree is the right thing to do...even if the situations depicted in the movie were the truth and not what Halford and the band stated at the time.

That movie was horrible. It was almost as bad as Demolition, Two, Van Halen III & Vitual XI put together...

Wyvern said:
Yeah, but I know you're not as huge fan of JP as I am :D Don't you love to have someone to disagree with in a sea of agreement? :p

I passed on Two o_O But I recall when Fight came that I was like wow this is cool, and when Halford return I was like sheeeeeet somebody shoot Tipton
I like Ripper vocals and I believe that with proper composition he'll have been a suitable replacement for a new directed JP (which I don't believe was the case with IM and Bayley, of course Dickinson return show not much improvement :Spin: ).

I was flipping channels and saw Jennifer Aniston, so i watched it. The parallels are there, gay vocalist replaced by a virtual no one (Winter's Bane is a decent band, but not great) and there are other bits and pieces that fit ...

sixxswine said:
That movie was horrible. It was almost as bad as Demolition, Two, Van Halen III & Vitual XI put together...

I agree with you totally ... but i love Jennifer Aniston, she's the only reason to watch "Friends" ...

By the way, Virtual XI, or any other Blaze/Maiden record is horrible... that dude couldn't sing his way past William Hung! She-Bang, she-bang...

Where's JohnnyD? :yell:

ZoMb!M@N said:
I agree with you totally ... but i love Jennifer Aniston, she's the only reason to watch "Friends" ...

By the way, Virtual XI, or any other Blaze/Maiden record is horrible... that dude couldn't sing his way past William Hung! She-Bang, she-bang...

Right here! and all I can say is Fuck off and Die :wave:

ZoMb!M@N said:

I really loved X-Factor, but Virtual wasn't all that...
Blaze is a great singer, just not the answer as Bruce's replacement...

sixxswine said:
I really loved X-Factor, but Virtual wasn't all that...
Blaze is a great singer, just not the answer as Bruce's replacement...

I agree! and I have heard some bootlegs of Blaze doing Bruce tunes and it just doesnt work ... But The X-Factor songs sounded great on the boots and X-Factor itself is a Great album!

i too agree it seems most bruce tunes blaze doesnt fit, but bruce fits blaze well (hence Sign Of The Cross, Lord Of The Flies, Clansman). the only song i heard bruce sing that didnt fit was Man On The Edge, and it was a strange sound indeed!!

although ive met many maiden fans that stopped listening after 7th son, so they are unware of the great DOD and the brilliant BNW!

JonnyD said:
Right here! and all I can say is Fuck off and Die :wave:

hah well said, well said.

hey has bruce ever sung Fortunes Of War?? maybe its just me, but im dying to hear him do the "whoa's". he makes them so much more meaningful and profound.

ZoMb!M@N said:
Dude, do i need to slap you? Anything Van Halen has done post-DLR is absolute top 40, pressure-cleaned, radio-friendly shit......

It's all true for Maiden though :tickled:

Do I need to slap YOU? :p

Nobody better lay a finger on my Maiden :dopey:

No-Mercy said:
i too agree it seems most bruce tunes blaze doesnt fit, but bruce fits blaze well (hence Sign Of The Cross, Lord Of The Flies, Clansman). the only song i heard bruce sing that didnt fit was Man On The Edge, and it was a strange sound indeed!!

although ive met many maiden fans that stopped listening after 7th son, so they are unware of the great DOD and the brilliant BNW!

I have never been or ever claimed to be a big Maiden fan prolly never will be BUT IMO X-Factor is Criminally Underrated and THE Maiden album that made me take notice of them ... Like I said The songs Blaze did on the Boots from the X-Factor albums were Flawless ... it was just that Ear killing rendition of 2 mins to midnight I didnt care for .... But I am glad they Play songs from the Blaze records still! .... I would love to hear Halford Tackle Bullettrain from Priests Jugulator but I dont ever expect Ripper Priest to come out of Halford

Pabla said:
Nobody better lay a finger on my Maiden
glotz.gif

Except me right?!? :D
wavey.gif

cycobully said:
For me, Van Halen has got nothing on Iron Maiden.

I love VH... but man you are so right! Ted, Swine... no tomatoe throwing at me, OK? :loco:

JonnyD said:
Except me right?!? :D
wavey.gif

:p sure... but you don't bash... you just have a preference of singers... so it is acceptable ;). Although I am not done with you on that regard yet... oh no! I'll make you a Bruce fan if it kills me :tickled: