Votes: 38 32.2%
  • The Ballad

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Nightmare (Coming Back To You)

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Confusion Fusion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I was looking at the results of the polls and must admit I didn't presume this one will be the most two-sided one. I thought The Ritual (EC and RTS), Low (L, DFG), Demonic (DR, TBT) or even Souls of Black (SOB, TL) will be all about two songs, but not Practice. I thought that the title track will be way ahead of the competition and that at least The Ballad and Greenhouse Effect, if not Nightmare will get more votes than just a few. I'm glad Sins of Omissions is so appreciated. And I'm glad I got to hear it live on a couple of occassions, 'cause they've apparently stopped playing it these days. Perhaps it's time to redust some other songs from this album live so that they can become more popular too

Practice What You Preach. It was the song that got me into Testament. I'm almost done learning the song Practice What You Preach on guitar.

Yeah, lot's of good songs on PWYP. I went with Nightmare because I like it a lot, but think it gets overlooked as well.

It surely does! I don't think it was played live since 1990. Luckily we have some official bootlegs with it. Some amazing songs were never played live

PWYP has one of the best solos ever, Alex must have dug deep to come up with the many ideas for that one.

1. PWYP
2. Sins of Omission
3. The Ballad

My top 3 still stands however a huge mention must go to Blessed in Contempt as I realised in the past couple of years just how awesome this song really is. I can't believe it's so overlooked; then again so did I for 16 years or so... :lol: Great thrash chorus, heavy riffing, classic Skolnick soloing and the outro is so damn killer. :headbang:

Speaking of "Blessed in Contempt", I've been wondering when and by whom this song was actually put together. I remember hearing a bootleg of a Legacy show from 1985 or 86 with Zet on vocals and they were playing this song but with different lyrics. The chorus was very similiar to what's on PWYP (it surely had the line "Soon we will arise" but I think the rest of it was different. The melody was the same, though). The fact that this song (or at least its big part) was written before they turned into Testament explains why it's the heaviest and the thrashiest one on PWYP, sounding a little like taken from "The Legacy" only with a little more melodic vocals.

Then, when you take Dublin Death Patrol's "Sid Vicious", you'll have a vast part of the verse lyrics there. I wonder if that's an old Rampage song they used for DDP for Life or did Chuck find the BiC lyrics suitable for this funny song and altered them just a little. My guess is that it's an old song that Chuck brought to Testament and blended with the old Legacy version of BiC.

Any information on that?

I couldn't vote...I do not like this album. Yeah, I saw the tour in Tijuana, Mexico with ANNHILATOR in Sept 1989. It was a good show, except when they played The Ballad, it just slowed the whole show down.

I've seen TESTAMENT 6 times and whenever they play PWYP, or something from that album, I go out a buy a beer or have a Newport. *LOL*

There are some amazing songs on this album. The title track, Nightmare (Coming Back To You), Time Is Coming, and the ferocious Blessed In Contempt are amongst the band's finest cuts, as well as being stand out songs on this album. I've gotta go with Sins Of Omission as the jewel in the crown of the album though! The way the song proper kicks in after the quiet intro riff is just awesome, and it never fails to get me moving! That moment is actually one of my top moments in all of metal, and the verses are just sublime in an intense way, elevated immeasurably by a stunning melodic vocal by Chuck. I also adore the lyrics to the song, and Alex's solo, well what can I say? Even by his standards, it's one of his standout solos, and Eric even plays a solo in this one too! (the solo after the first chorus) Definitely one of Testament's finest songs, and the top track on a great album. :)