Let's Talk About Guns

I've never heard any problems with the Glocks.

and isnt 40 ammo cheaper than .45?

im looking into getting an AR15

I almost got one back in 2002 but never did. I still want one but the easiest way to get one nowadays it seems is to buy the pieces seperatly. You used to be able to by from a local place called Bullseye I believe but since the Maryland sniper incident (the dude bought his AR-15 there and was from Hilltop; the ghetto of Tacoma), they either shut the place down or stopped selling semi-automatic rifles.

I really wanna shoot one of these, but I'm afraid of the recoil...

eastwood-dirtyharry.jpeg

and
The%20Outlaw%20Josey%20Wales.jpg

I've shot a .44 magnum several times, Jace, and the recoil isn't as bad as you think. It's friggin' LOUD though.

most awesomest gun EVER. too bad they wont let me have one in this state :cry:

Yes, in the realm of semi-automatic weapons, the AR-15 is quite impressive. It kicks like a mule and is very loud, though.

Neal, I gotta be honest with you, though. In my opinion, I don't think civilians should be able to wield these weapons. I know many will cry 2nd amendment, but weapons such as these are for killing people; they have no other use. I don't really understand the fascination that others have...I guess because I've had to handle them in real world situations, and it's not fun. I never fired a shot at anyone, but just having it there with you in a hostile area doesn't make it any less scary.

If people want to be able to wield these weapons, they should join the military, IMO. I know many will disagree, but that's just my opinion. I hope I haven't offended anyone too much, but oh well.

the sport of them doesn't appeal to me. however, i would like to have one of my own to keep in the house, just for protection.

Its fun.
Its nice to know that I can protect myself in my own damn house.
edit: Hey Cara, I heard that starting yesterday in Texas you can keep your gun in your car without anykind of license.

anyways, If I was to get a pistol other than a Glock I'd probably get a Walther P99 with a 4" barrel

It's a bizarre one. The debate is fucking FIERCE, but I still enjoy hunting/shooting.

I like to fire anything German.

Please keep your opinions about control minimal... I'm not a big gun fan much either, but I wouldn't mind a 1911 to go along with the shotgun, thought they'll be more for show then anything. I don't see the appeal in being Scottish, or Jewish, or buying shoes, but I don't go into those threads and make a deal of it, what are you going to prove?

the sport of them doesn't appeal to me. however, i would like to have one of my own to keep in the house, just for protection.

That argument actually always got me. Because everytime I say I hate guns, someone
always tells me: "well what if a rapist come in your house?" and you know what? I'd like to shoot the bastard who even tries...
I see your point with "protection" however... I still don't get the sport...
"ooh lets go to the gun range and shoot things"

seriously, those people just need to get laid.

It's a bizarre one. The debate is fucking FIERCE, but I still enjoy hunting/shooting.

I like to fire anything German.

I agree, but mainly about the hunting part. I used to hunt a lot when I was a kid and it was a nice experience, even if you didn't get anything.

Please keep your opinions about control minimal... I'm not a big gun fan much either, but I wouldn't mind a 1911 to go along with the shotgun, thought they'll be more for show then anything. I don't see the appeal in being Scottish, or Jewish, or buying shoes, but I don't go into those threads and make a deal of it, what are you going to prove?

Uh, excuse me?
I didn;t even mention anything about "control"
Just that I don;t get it, and by not getting it, I do mean the "sport"
not the "omg omg they should control guns"

ahh, sport. No, handguns aren't for sport. Shotguns and deer rifles are. I just want a 1911 becuase it feels like they made it for my hand, it fits so well. I don't even like handguns that much... but that ones compells me.

Was this aimed at me? I only said that the debate was fierce (and I declined to really say how I feel about it).

Plus, Karen, definite non-sequitur followed with a slamming ad hom. I'm sexually active pretty damn often, but shooting ranges and hunting still appeal. Although if you still feel it's down to that, I'm willing to let you remedy it.:loco: