Let's Talk About Guns

To be honest, bow hunting was much more fun for me than with my scoped .270. I had a beautiful PSE compound bow that was a joy to shoot...then my house burned down.

I agree, but mainly about the hunting part. I used to hunt a lot when I was a kid and it was a nice experience, even if you didn't get anything.

For sure. I used to go shooting with my Uncle and Grandad when we all lived closeby. I've only been shooting once recently with some friends in Russia, but it was also a great experience. We hunted food to eat, and ate it over a few days.

Its fun, It has nothing to do with "im a badass, I gots a huge gun in my hand"
Its pretty damn hard too, I suck.
and also, plenty of women shoot and carry guns

I know... I did it for 2 years and if I may add, I was really good at it too.

I fucking hated every moment, but I was damn good.

I still kept one of my targets from military where all the holes are almost on top of each other.

oh well.

I know... I did it for 2 years and if I may add, I was really good at it too.

I fucking hated every moment, but I was damn good.

I still kept one of my targets from military where all the holes are almost on top of each other.

oh well.

Statistically (and I'm sure you already know this, Karen), women are much better shots than men. They're calmer, more relaxed, and have a better attention to detail.

Was this aimed at me? I only said that the debate was fierce (and I declined to really say how I feel about it).

Plus, Karen, definite non-sequitur followed with a slamming ad hom. I'm sexually active pretty damn often, but shooting ranges and hunting still appeal. Although if you still feel it's down to that, I'm willing to let you remedy it.:loco:
No, no. I just don't understand the point behind complete control... but I'm the "leave me alone, I'll do what I want anyway" type. hell, my great grandfather hated alcohol, but when they pulled prohibition, he became a bathtub brewer just to spite the feds. Love that man. Anyway, I'm referring to the family habit of "doing what we want because we're not going to be told no." I suppose it can be both good and bad, in that we don't feel a blanket legislation solves anything. *shrugs* How 'bout them trebuchets?

Maybe it's just me, but shooting a gun is a lot easier than say, getting some action.

Maybe it's because I'm a guy.

they said that if you hunt with a bow then the animal's meat is better for the lack of adrenaline in the meat.

That's partially true, but if I remember correctly, it's not the weapon you use, rather where you hit it and how soon it dies. If you shoot a deer running, the meat won't be so good because the adrenaline and blood is flowing quickly. If it is in a calm state, it's more likely to be more tender.

If you shoot an animal with a bow and it bleeds out over the course of half a mile or so, the meat might not be so good.

I actually did not know that..

That is, two people who aren't that familiar with weapons. If you take an avid shooter, male or female, of course they'll probably be a better shot.

Women make good snipers, too. Again, it's that attention to detail and ability to function under pressure.

Max, what is NOT a turn on for you? :lol:

nice_lady_body_builder_ugly_woman_f.jpg

lucky us then (us= women) for being able to get some action anytime we want.

Yeah, you and probably everyone already knows the whole spiel but I'll lay it out anyway.

If I was female and walked into a room full of guys and yelled "Who wants some pussy?!" I'd get fucked, no question.

If I was a male and walked into a room full of women and yelled "Who wants some dick?!" I'd be arrested, with multiple restraining orders against me.

It's not exactly true that in Texas a gun in the car is without penalty - plenty of people pull this but there are cases where that argument lost.

Jeff