Let's Talk About Guns

Yes. From my understanding, a "gun" is something akin to a .50 cal, a howitzer, or the huge guns on battleships, according to my experience. I never saw what the big deal was, and was just curious if we were the only ones so anal about that kind of thing.

So then a BMG and a Desert Eagle ARE guns? (Both .50)

Again, I'm not sure NL. In my opinion, that hand cannon also known as a Desert Eagle would be considered a gun. That's kinda why I was asking. I just remember it being the ultimate taboo to call a rifle a "gun". I'm still unclear why, though.

I dunno. Personally, I don't even LIKE the DE, they're supposedly prone to lockup and damage on the slide.

To be honest, bow hunting was much more fun for me than with my scoped .270. I had a beautiful PSE compound bow that was a joy to shoot...then my house burned down.

bow's>guns in terms of fun deffinitley, my friend's dad across the street hase a rediculously nice compund and would shoot it out back, i'd go shoot with him and for the most part keep up with him even though i had a cheap but durrable recurve.

From my understanding and what I've heard, the Glock is almost a perfect handgun as far as maintenance and durability goes. Most people consider Desert Eagles and such just eye candy.

OOPS. I FUCT UP. Neal, when you mentioned AR-15, I was thinking of the M4 Carbine...the AR-15 is what replaced the M-16. The AR-15 doesn't kick hardly at all and isn't so loud as the M4 Carbine.
yeh, i was gonna ask what BB gun you'd been shooting to think it kicked hard and was loud haha

bow's>guns in terms of fun deffinitley, my friend's dad across the street hase a rediculously nice compund and would shoot it out back, i'd go shoot with him and for the most part keep up with him even though i had a cheap but durrable recurve.

Oh yeah...bows are a buncha fun.

Oh, Glocks are reliable, but I have bear hands...they're wee guns and don't fit me. The *only handgun that does* I've mentioned 401 times now :D

FOUND IT:

A gun is a mechanical device that fires projectiles at high velocity, using a propellant such as gunpowder or compressed air. The projectile, is fired through a hollow tube known as the barrel.
In military usage the term "gun" refers to artillery that fires projectiles at high velocity, such as anti-aircraft artillery, field guns, tank guns, anti-tank guns and naval guns.

A rifle is a firearm with a stock and a barrel that has a spiral groove or grooves ("rifling") cut into its interior. The rifling produces areas that make contact with the projectile (a bullet), putting spin on the bullet. When the projectile leaves the barrel, the spin improves its accuracy and range, in the same way that a rugby is spun whilst being thrown for more distance and accuracy. The word "rifle" originally referred to the grooving, and a rifle was called a "rifled gun."

In summary Gun is a general term that is used to refer to most firearms including rifles but can be used as a military term for artillery guns such as those on tanks, anti air and naval.
The name rifle is a term that refers to firearms that have a spiral groove (rifling) to improve the bullets accuracy.

I am teh elite nunchucker.
nunchuck.jpg

P1000235.jpg

:lol:

doesnt anyone think its a waste of money to buy a gun...i mean with that kinda cash you can finance a guitar or sometimes even a car or something like that...and what do you do with a gun??...unless you are going to shoot 15 people in a school and shoot your own brains out.

you just shoot a cans and after 5 minutes....you think...hmm i wasted another 5 minutes of my life and money...

or show it 2 your friends and say: look what i got a handgun....reaction friend: ok cool...can we go listen to nevermore now?

srry i just cant see what is so special about having guns