Let's Talk About Guns

Stop smoking weed and worrying about other people's troubles you have no connection to.

NL, what's with the 'tude?
So you're discussing something on a FORUM civil as the discussion might be,
and we are not allowed to speak out our minds, in a civil way as well
if I might add??
That never bothered you from doing the same...
"stop smoking weed"

lame NL, really lame.

I'm sorry Karen, its just that I take offense at being asked WHY I must have something, or have access to it if I want it. I'm a "I'll do it if I want to type," but not like the rednecks in that it applies to everything and not just weapons. I mean, sure I suppose some restraint is ok, but I feel as long as someone is responsible with what they're doing, is there harm? o_O

Republicans and Dems see any control or restraint as all vs none, I see it as person to person. :p My only answer to any "Why?" directed at me is "Because I feel I can handle it" and will be from now on. :)

I uderstand that you're a "I'll do what I want" type, but we simply asked what's the apeal in having guns,
we were not blaming you for being a "redneck" (nor anybody else for that matter) and never even discussed
gun control or any of that bullshit in this forum. We were just asking.
So far Krigloch was the only one who attemped to answer in a civil way..
People ask me "Why" I do stuff all the time... and I think I have a right to ask
since I know guns, have handled them before, and can clean them up in 7 minutes ;)
so yeah... why?

(now come here and have a Hoegaarden with me! :) )

To be honest, I am neutral on guns from an owning standpoint. I WOULD like maybe a few WWII rifles, they fascinate me from a history perspective. Maybe a shotgun (which I have) to hunt food if I ever desire (and will.... eventually) and that *one* handgun, which is essentially a part of history too. Few have survived this long as the same standard production model as it. Plus it fits my hand so well... I admire any weapon that does. It's a respect, history, and usefulness thing to me. Other than that, I prefer weapons of war such as hammers, axes, and swords. Guess which I'll grab first if someone breaks in though? (Hint: Not the gun.)

I really like WWII Mausers, especially the Swedish ones for the sliding bolt action and ease of fire, and also the Lee-Enfield (Rifle, No. 4 Mk I). The Enfield is a pain in the ass to shoot, personally. Not a good standing fire gun. As for my next WEAPON, I still have my eye on the Grosse Messer from Cold Steel.

since I know guns, have handled them before, and can clean them up in 7 minutes ;)

:lol: that's something you can never forget, no matter how hard you try, isn't it?

Clear the weapon, hold the trigger, charge three times, let go of trigger, hear the click? You're good to go.

Getting the piece off the barrel was always a pain in the ass though, wasn't it? Having to wiggle the circular piece at the base all the way down and pry off the two pieces...I always got my fingers pinched EVERY TIME.

^ fucked up thing was when my little cousin (who is like a little sister to me) was drafted,
she was still in boot camp when I came for a visit last summer, and she wanted me to give her tips
of how to manage cleaning her "piece" in 7 minutes (7 minutes is an IDF time frame btw...
you have to do everything in 7 minutes... you need to take a shower in 7 minutes,
eat in 7 minutes and clean your bloody weapon in 7 minutes... BLAH!)

Now a shower in 7 minutes is perfectly plausible. Wash the important parts that stink with soap (if you're male, shampoo isn't an issue with the short hair) and anything with dirt on it, rinse, gfto. 20 minute showerers confuse me. Even WITH hair I can do it in 10.

Wow you guys got 7 minutes to shower?!?!?!? We had one, 1, uno!!!!! Two if the TI wasn't there.

:lol: I'll never forget the very first night, LOL!!!!! Everyone's getting screamed at and yelled and people are running around like chickens with their heads cut off. People were told to shave in like 2 minutes, and this one poor dude just couldn't handle pressure or stress whatsoever. He came out of the bathroom with Aztec-looking designs in his face from all the places he missed shaving because he was in such a hurry. So the TI tells him, I WANT EVERY FUCKIN' BIT OF HAIR OFF OF YOUR FACE IN 1 MINUTE!!!!! ONE MINUTE!!!!!! So the guy SHAVES OFF HIS FUCKING EYEBROWS, :lol:!!!!! He cut more skin than hair, and he looked like someone attacked his face with a knife or something...blood is everywhere. What does the TI say? "WHY ARE YOU BLEEDING ON MY FLOOR?!?!?!?! WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU BLEEDING ON MY FLOOR?!?!?!?! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?!?"

"Sir, I have sensitive skin, sir."

:lol:

Poor guy...we tried to help him all during Basic, but he was just so scared the entire time. It's amazing what intimidation can do to the human mind if it's not used to stress or pressure.

Wow you guys got 7 minutes to shower?!?!?!? We had one, 1, uno!!!!! Two if the TI wasn't there.

:lol: I'll never forget the very first night, LOL!!!!! Everyone's getting screamed at and yelled and people are running around like chickens with their heads cut off. People were told to shave in like 2 minutes, and this one poor dude just couldn't handle pressure or stress whatsoever. He came out of the bathroom with Aztec-looking designs in his face from all the places he missed shaving because he was in such a hurry. So the TI tells him, I WANT EVERY FUCKIN' BIT OF HAIR OFF OF YOUR FACE IN 1 MINUTE!!!!! ONE MINUTE!!!!!! So the guy SHAVES OFF HIS FUCKING EYEBROWS, :lol:!!!!! He cut more skin than hair, and he looked like someone attacked his face with a knife or something...blood is everywhere. What does the TI say? "WHY ARE YOU BLEEDING ON MY FLOOR?!?!?!?! WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU BLEEDING ON MY FLOOR?!?!?!?! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?!?"

"Sir, I have sensitive skin, sir."

Poor guy...we tried to help him all during Basic, but he was just so scared the entire time. It's amazing what intimidation can do to the human mind if it's not used to stress or pressure.

hahaha Chris, no way,. the dude shaved his eye brows???
Good Basics story!

Yeah 7 minutes may seem like a long time, but in 7 minutes I needed to take a shower, half dry my hair (no way your hair could NOT be dripping water) get dressed, look presential and be ready outside of my tent all in 7 minutes. Come on, that's a lot to do in 7 minutes.
I got my ass kicked few times for missing the dead line... hah.

anyhoo though... back to guns.

doesnt anyone think its a waste of money to buy a gun...i mean with that kinda cash you can finance a guitar or sometimes even a car or something like that...and what do you do with a gun??...unless you are going to shoot 15 people in a school and shoot your own brains out.

you just shoot a cans and after 5 minutes....you think...hmm i wasted another 5 minutes of my life and money...

or show it 2 your friends and say: look what i got a handgun....reaction friend: ok cool...can we go listen to nevermore now?

srry i just cant see what is so special about having guns

doesnt anyone think its a waste of money to buy a guitar...i mean with that kinda cash you can finance a gun.. and what do you do with a guitar???...unless you are going to start a band and go on tour and record music.

You can just play some songs for 5 minutes....you think...hmm I wasted another 5 minutes of my life and money...

or show it 2 your friends and say:look what I got a guitar....reaction friend: ok cool...can we go listen to nevermore now?

srry I just cant see what is so special about having a guitar

hahaha Chris, no way,. the dude shaved his eye brows???
Good Basics story!

Yeah 7 minutes may seem like a long time, but in 7 minutes I needed to take a shower, half dry my hair (no way your hair could NOT be dripping water) get dressed, look presential and be ready outside of my tent all in 7 minutes. Come on, that's a lot to do in 7 minutes.
I got my ass kicked few times for missing the dead line... hah.

anyhoo though... back to guns.

Yeah, he actually shaved his eyebrows! We quickly realized that peer pressure wasn't going to work for this guy, so we kinda did what Joker did for Pyle in Full Metal Jacket. We knew that constant negative reinforcement wouldn't work all the time, so we pretty much held his hand when the TI wasn't there, made sure all his stuff was in order, etc. TIs aren't going to give you a break because it's their job to break you down into the lowest form of nothing so you can rise up yourself and build your own confidence. With a little of both positive reinforcement from us and negative reinforcement from the TI, his confidence built up and he made it to graduation day. I think he was recycled into another flight and had to stay a couple of weeks longer, but he made it regardless.

I remember some of the girls from basic...they didn't have it any better with the shower time than we did. They haphazardly dried their hair with a towel and put it in a bun or ponytail and went outside in the freezing January winter in San Antonio. I remember seeing some of them with ice in their hair as we lined up to go to chow in the mornings. It was not fun for them at all.

Ok, no more anecdotes. Back to the guns.

doesnt anyone think its a waste of money to buy a guitar...i mean with that kinda cash you can finance a gun.. and what do you do with a guitar???...unless you are going to start a band and go on tour and record music.

You can just play some songs for 5 minutes....you think...hmm I wasted another 5 minutes of my life and money...

or show it 2 your friends and say:look what I got a guitar....reaction friend: ok cool...can we go listen to nevermore now?

Brilliant.

ok guesse you are right about this :p...still think its more reasonable to buy a guitar though..:p

doesnt anyone think its a waste of money to buy a gun...i mean with that kinda cash you can finance a guitar or sometimes even a car or something like that...and what do you do with a gun??...unless you are going to shoot 15 people in a school and shoot your own brains out.

you just shoot a cans and after 5 minutes....you think...hmm i wasted another 5 minutes of my life and money...

or show it 2 your friends and say: look what i got a handgun....reaction friend: ok cool...can we go listen to nevermore now?

srry i just cant see what is so special about having guns
As I've said before, its a fun hobby.
Its not just shooting at cans, alot of people do the competitions where they run through a course shooting at targets. (dont remember what its called)
and most importantly, protection! I dont want ANYONE to attempt to harm myself or my family.
You wanna protect yourself by telling the guy with a ski mask on to take the tv and dont hurt us.... I'll shoot the motherfucker before he has a chance to hurt anyone.
Quit listening to your pussy ass Euro politicians. Guns are quite necessary, theres no way you can get rid of them all.

As for my next WEAPON, I still have my eye on the Grosse Messer from Cold Steel.
:lol: That thing is huge!!!
have you seen the "Sword Proof" video? Its pretty badass :kickass:

I bought this a couple weeks ago. Coldsteel SRK

Last edited by a moderator: