Leviathan= awesome black metal

Barth Vader said:
The only Leviathan I know is a progressive/power metal band (who were really good by the way). Unless that band had a MAJOR change in direction, I've never heard of them. Sorry man.
The Leviathan he's talking about is the black metal band from the US. If you're into black metal check them out, great band.

I've heard a lot of people praising the new album, so I need to buy this one as well.

"The Tenth Subleval of Suicide" is very good. Bleak, bitter and full of atmosphere. The last riff of that album just blows me away every time, its just so damn intense. I can't wait to hear the new one. The second I get a job I'm ordering it.

Has anyone noticed that California is begining to have an exceptionaly good collection of black metal. Leviathan and Xasthur definitely two of the elite right now as far as the rawer stuff goes and Ludicra is one of the best melodic bands out there right now. I was listening to some other good up and comming CA black metal bands the other day to on the Aquarious (a SF record store) website. Weakling was very good as well...

crimsonfloyd said:
"The Tenth Subleval of Suicide" is very good. Bleak, bitter and full of atmosphere. The riff of that album just blows me away every time, its just so damn intense. I can't wait to hear the new one. The second I get a job I'm ordering it.

Has anyone noticed that California is begining to have an exceptionaly good collection of black metal. Leviathan and Xasthur definitely two of the elite right now as far as the rawer stuff goes and Ludicra is one of the best melodic bands out there right now. I was listening to some other good up and comming CA black metal bands the other day to on the Aquarious (a SF record store) website. Weakling was very good as well...
Agreed.

I bought "The Tenth Sublevel..." some time ago and it is indeed excellent. It took me sometime to get used to the vocals though.

I just ordered "Tentacles..." hopefully it's just as good or better.

MightyDrynwhyl said:
Yes, Leviathan is indeed great. You might want to check out Azrael, they seem to be a pretty good USBM band as well.

Yeah, Azrael is great. Mr. Hannibal has started a couple threads on Azrael, I guess they're already on the second page or beyond now.