Moribund Records

Oblivious Maximus

I am the worm
Nov 5, 2003
Serving time in the middle of nowhere
I've started threads praising the labels bands, but I thought I'd stard a thread where fans of the label can praise all the great bands on this label in one place. Moribund has one of the best rosters in metal today. Their mail order catalague is great too. You can order stuff from band that arn't even signed to the label, stuff like Graveland, Drudkh, and Burzum. My fav. bands on the label are:

Azrael
Leviathan
Sargeist
Summon
Thornspawn
Excommunion

Sargeist is one of my favourite black metal bands of all time.

Most everything on Moribund is great, except for maybe Meatshits and Whore.

HannibalGuy said:
Same here. The first time they played with Thornspawn and Excommunion, and the second was with Leviathan and Azrael!

Cool. That's sounds like some more recent shows they've played. I was only able to see them play at this local club here with Somber (who later became Summer Dying). They still ruled nonetheless.

I find the label to be more or less like all the others. Arghoslent, Xasthur, and Summon are good. I can't say I really care for the other bands.

Moribund is THE black metal label inn the US. Odin Thompson deserves endless praise just for having the idea to sign Leviathan.

I also saw Azrael, GBK and Summon down in Fayetteville, NC a few weeks back. Fucking awesome. I was a bit peeved that Moribund didn't have a distro table set up, though, considering three of their bands were playing.

anonymousnick2001 said:
I find the label to be more or less like all the others. Arghoslent, Xasthur, and Summon are good. I can't say I really care for the other bands.

Not a GBK fan? Anti-blasphemy!