Moribund Records

I didn't see much doom in them, except for a few specific passages in songs. But, nonetheless, they are NOT just another BM band. They blend neo-classical guitar stylings in the vein of Arghoslent at times, a pounding rhythm section, and gruff vocals that are a fresh deviation from standard BM screeches and the like.

HannibalGuy said:
I've started threads praising the labels bands, but I thought I'd stard a thread where fans of the label can praise all the great bands on this label in one place. Moribund has one of the best rosters in metal today. Their mail order catalague is great too. You can order stuff from band that arn't even signed to the label, stuff like Graveland, Drudkh, and Burzum. My fav. bands on the label are:

Azrael
Leviathan
Sargeist
Summon
Thornspawn
Excommunion
Just curious, but when did Excommunion get signed?
I'm only asking because I sort of know those guys and recall them having difficulties finding a label. They're a great band!

Being from the northwest, I have heard stories of how much green those guys smoke up there. This indie store I buy my metal from told me he went up there to pick up a shitload of cd's (for his store) and they were having a grand old party up there. A few friends are on that label, so it must be good. All hail Odin!

The only bands worth mentioning from Moribund are Windham Hell, Arghoslent, and perhaps Leviathan (he has some very interesting views on metal "scenes"). Azrael aren't nearly as innovative as they are touted to be.

Erik said:
Uh... Moribund is a Church of Satan LaVey rocks yeah! label. Church of Satan are jewish capitalist fuckfaces and I hope they die. There are some decent bands there though.

From my contact with them, it seems that they're very confused (read: totally batshit insane) people. So I wouldn't worry too much about that.

I'm not sure they actually know anything about the Church of Satan, I think they just endorse it to try and look "evil." They seem more like Satan worshippers than Satanists to me. Interestingly, in the books section in their mail order catalogue, they have a book which they tout as the true explanation of humanity's existence, for those who see through the creation and evolution theories :lol:. I think this supports my "batshit insane" thesis.

Yeah guys let's talk about their ideology, which has so much to do with the music they put out. They do seem kind of insane from their site. Fanatic would be a good word. I like the site labels though, they make me chuckle. Mp3 Bullets, Armory, etc.

anonymousnick2001 said:
They always struck me as "just another BM band."

they can basically be summed up as GBH on a black metal kick. just another band, i agree, but i find them enjoyable nevertheless.

Serpens Aeon
Windham Hell
Arghoslent
Infester

all great bands on this label.

they seem like weirdos, but they're a reliable establishment.

Erik said:
Uh... Moribund is a Church of Satan LaVey rocks yeah! label. Church of Satan are jewish capitalist fuckfaces and I hope they die. There are some decent bands there though.

I agree.

Same here. The first time they played with Thornspawn and Excommunion, and the second was with Leviathan and Azrael!
Man I had no clue that Leviathan has played shows before. Are we talking about the same Leviathan.

A band that was not mentioned on here that you all must check out is Thy Infernal. They are the best on Moribundcult. I actually love them more thatn Leviathan.