Lexicon PCM vs LXP plug-ins

Aaron Smith

Envisage Audio
Feb 10, 2006
Seattle, WA
Anyone have experience with either of these bundles? I'm wondering how the LXP Native Reverb bundle ($399 for four plug-ins) compares to the PCM Native Reverb bundle ($1,499 for seven plug-ins). Quite a huge price difference... It's hard for me to imagine that the PCM plug-ins actually sound $1,100 better. Seems like they might just be trying to psych people into it, since the expensive plug-ins actually have "PCM" in the name.

I actually beta'd for both of these plugins...

Honestly I don't think the PCM is 1100 dollars better, but I do use it way more then the LXP. If I had a choice of either I'd pick the PCM, but if money is a factor, get the LXP...

However I have to agree...wait for Revibe. It mops the floor with every verb I've heard.

Cool, thanks for the helpful feedback. Money isn't really too big a factor, although I do want to use it wisely! Any idea what Revibe will run (cost-wise)?

Cool, thanks for the helpful feedback. Money isn't really too big a factor, although I do want to use it wisely! Any idea what Revibe will run (cost-wise)?

revibe costs about 1400$ for TDM hopefully they will lower the price for AAX.

I actually like the SSL X-verb. Try that one to before you decide.

So my vote goes for nr.1 Revibe Nr2. SSL-X or Lexicon. With the lexicon bundle you get both plates and hall reverbs, i think there is 4different reverb plugins in the expensive bundle.

Are you specifically looking for an algorithmic verb?

Yeah I think so. I have the Waves Platinum Bundle, so I've got some cool and usable verbs at hand as-is (IR-L, RVerb, and TrueVerb), but I've been feeling for some time that a more pristine, expensive reverb would just really go a long ways in certain mix situations (as in more sparse sections of music, for example). I'm definitely not on the verge of buying something, but I guess I'm just trying to feel around and actually figure out what's out there, what's worthwhile.