Line 6 Helix comparison to Pod HD/VST amps

Ericlingus

Prettiest Hair Around
Oct 31, 2006
Just finished a comparison of the Line 6 Helix's 5150 to the Pod HD,TSE X50 and Recabinet 4 Thermionik. I also did a comparison between the Helix and Pod HD's stock cabs. All are using the exact same settings/IRs and in the case of the stock cabs comparison,both units were using the same cab/mic just their own versions of it(Mesa OS 4x12 v30 with an SM57 and MD421).

[SC][/SC]

TSE X50 is my favorite of the bunch, Helix is next but it seems way more scooped in the mids. X50 sounds more open to my ears.

Yeah my favorite is the Helix. The Helix to me is easier to dial in a particular sound I'm going for. With the Pod and TSE, they tend to gravitate to a particular sound. They both lack low end and have too many mids in the 800-1000Hz area despite what I do with the amp EQ. I'm going to do another tone comparison with different settings. I'll also have to do a comparison with the Mesa and Engl amps.

Yeah my favorite is the Helix. The Helix to me is easier to dial in a particular sound I'm going for. With the Pod and TSE, they tend to gravitate to a particular sound. They both lack low end and have too many mids despite what I do with the amp EQ. I'm going to do another tone comparison with different settings. I'll also have to do a comparison with the Mesa and Engl amps.