Line 6 Pod Farm, worth it? Questions..

ForHerDeadEyes

Señor Member
Jan 24, 2011
Sweden
I've seen that some people on this forum uses Pod Farm.. (?)
And I'm thinking about getting it because it's on sale here..
Now, I don't own a iLok.. But the sale here on PF is for 19 Euro (reg. 99 Euro)

I've played around with Revalver, Amplitube, Guitarrig, GTR, and other commercial software aswell as the free ones..
Getting a nice lead tone is, not easy, but I'm pretty much satisfied with what I have.. RYTHM on the other hand is so hard achieving with software (IMO)..
Some of the free stuff handle this way better than the commercial ones..
I'd say that it's hard for me at least.. to get a rythmtone I'm happy with, that suits me..

I play a lot of different styles, but I'd say metal (rythm) would be the main use..
Even though I'd use it for other stuff as well..
I'm really broke.. but 19 Euro for Pod Farm (if it's worth it) seems good..

Some will say its great.. Others will say its shit. Same with any sim. I use PODFarm. Do I love it? Well... I wouldn't say its love. It is however completely usable. I like it, but its not "stellar" by any means. Let's say its satisfactory.

*cue everyone else saying use X-50 and IRs*

:D

Just made a br00t fizz free preset today using Pod farm 2. But yeah, it can take some time before you get a good tone with it. I've had it for like 10 months now and I'm still tweaking away finding new things

Line 6 makes some nice interfaces, but I think you can find much better sounding sims for free on the net. That's how I use my GuitarPort anyways.

Thanks for the quick replies..
On top of the 19E comes the iLok price.. It seems as though I can live without it..
And oh..
They're also selling the Behringer AM100 (acoustic modeler stompbox) for 5 Euro.. maybe I'll get that one to have some fun with..

At Musikbörsen.. They're becoming 4SOUND now..
Same owner of the two chainstores throughout the country..
And now that they're all becoming 4SOUND, they have some crazy cheap stuff..
Unfortunatly I own jack shit... and jack left town..

Where is it sold 19€ ? I would be very interested to have podfarm again (I had it with my line6 interface a long time ago) just for the effects and preamps etc, but not for 99.

pod farm is hugely flexible, reasonably stable, and has a really wide range of uses, and uses way less CPU than regular amp sims. if i didn't have it, i'd definitely spend £19 to get it.

thanks,