Line 6 Spider Valve 4x12???

DevilJaw

Studio Junkie
Sep 5, 2007
Arizona, USA
anyone tried them? they sell for around $700 new, but i have a chance to get one new at $350.

-4x12 inch Premium Celestion Vintage 30 speakers
-Baltic birch construction throughout
-100 Watts max, 2/8 ohm mono, 4/16 ohm stereo
-Removable casters
-Dimensions: 29" L x 30" H x 15" D

compared to the mesa dimensions, 32-7/8in H, 30-1/8in W, 14-1/4in D

I hear they're built very similar to Bogner specs, with very similar quality. For $350? Snap it up, man! You could probably flip it on eBay for a similar price if it don't work out.

The bogner specs are very similar too, 30 3/4 " height x 29 3/4" width x 14" depth.

the shipping weight for the line 6 is 118.00 Lbs and that is actaully more than bogner and mesa shipping wieghts, so yeah i think they are similar. :)

yeah with free shipping ill take it:kickass:

ill record some clips when i get it in.

ok guys just got it in, my god for the price this is incredibly well built, it weighs around 115 lbs, it has 16ohm V30s, and from what i hear about how the bogner cabs sound, these cabs are very similar in tone, lots of midrange, not boomy(i was palm muting heavy around the 5-9th frets) it sounds better than my other custom 4x12 with v30s that i built to mesa standard specs, that one is boomy.

Are you certain it's 115 lbs.? Cuz if you could put it on a scale and confirm that (unless you already have), I'd appreciate it, cuz that's ridiculous for a cab of that size! (all others weigh 100 lbs. Max)

it could be, i dunno, but here is some pics of the thing.

SPIDERCAB.jpg

Logo.jpg

sideview.jpg

FYI, i took off the line 6 logo in front, as i dont want to remind myself its a line 6.

For the price, I'll definitely try these out.

We're getting a lot of igh-end cabinet competitors recently, in this country. Blackstar are equalling Mesa's Recto OS cab for half the price, and it looks like Line 6 are coming damn close to the Traditional cab for even cheaper. I'm VERY interested... Eventhough my Dragon cab is brutal sounding, the front is brown :lol:

One thing I noticed is the fact that the handles look incredible well attached!

EDIT: Get that thing weighed!!

And try and score a Mesa badge for the front :lol:

Thats another cab that I'm gonna have to take a note to try out. So far its looking like:

Orange PPC412
Blackstar Artisan
Line 6 Spider Valve

Orange is probably the best of the bunch, but then I've heard some folk don't like the high mids in it,

would love a Mesa but at almost double the price of the rest it isn't really a viable option to be honest :(

Has anyone checked out the new Egnator cabs. They are even 100$ cheaper than the line 6. Same specs, vintage 30s etc.

Interesting. It's actually pretty slick looking, too! I wish these had been around when I got my first cab.