Lineup Announcement?

Is it a requirement to have bands from outside the continent play Powerfest? If not, I think it would be prudent to have bands from this side of the pond play PF '09, since the economy is in the shitter.

Agree/Disagree?

Is it a requirement to have bands from outside the continent play Powerfest? If not, I think it would be prudent to have bands from this side of the pond play PF '09, since the economy is in the shitter.

Agree/Disagree?

Last I checked, Most of the bands last year were from North America. Testament, Iced Earth, A Life Once Lost, Epicurean, Arise & Ruin, Sacred Dawn, Ion Vein, & Twelth Gate were on this side of the pond. Even Autumn Offering (who wasn't there) is from the US. Darkane, Suidakra, & Chaoswave were the only bands not from North America on the main days of Friday and Saturday. The Paganfest show was for the pre-party. It was a national tour. They would have had a Chicago area stop with or without being attached to CPF.

Since it has gotten slow at work this afternoon......

If the Enslaved tour is part of the lineup, I'm guessing the following.

Thursday pre-party - Moonsorrow/Primordial/Eluveitie/tba
Friday Day 1 - Enslaved/Swallow The Sun/Keep Of Kalessin/tba/tba
Saturday Day 2 - 5 bands tba

I'm not sure if Ion Vein & Twelfth Gate are planning to play again this year. If so, there are 2 more bands for the list.

Since it has gotten slow at work this afternoon......

If the Enslaved tour is part of the lineup, I'm guessing the following.

Thursday pre-party - Moonsorrow/Primordial/Eluveitie/tba
Friday Day 1 - Enslaved/Swallow The Sun/Keep Of Kalessin/tba/tba
Saturday Day 2 - 5 bands tba

I'm not sure if Ion Vein & Twelfth Gate are planning to play again this year. If so, there are 2 more bands for the list.

Looks to be about what I was thinking. Saturday better be a Power Metal fan's wet dream, there is a shit load o Pagan/Black/Doom stuff.

Last I checked, Most of the bands last year were from North America. Testament, Iced Earth, A Life Once Lost, Epicurean, Arise & Ruin, Sacred Dawn, Ion Vein, & Twelth Gate were on this side of the pond. Even Autumn Offering (who wasn't there) is from the US.

QFT

And in addition to that, Powerfest '08 had the highest attendance to date did it not?

Need I say more?

QFT

And in addition to that, Powerfest '08 had the highest attendance to date did it not?

Need I say more?

The attendance was higher this past year because of Testament & Iced Earth. It was Barlow's first show back and (I think) Testament had not been in the Chicago area in some years. Chicago Powerfest '07 had 8 of 10 bands from North America (Lethal, Solitude Aeturnus, Benedictum, Shatter Messiah, Suspyre, Athiest, Mertyr, & Novembers Doom). I was not there, but I understand the attendance was not that great. It all depends on if the promoters get artists that the fans want to see. Last year they had 2 headliners that people wanted to see. It doesn't matter what country they come from. I'm also guessing that neither Testament or Iced Earth offered a discount on their guarantees due to being from the US.

I've only been to 3 Powerfest shows ( '00, '07 & '08) I don't have exact numbers for all PF events but it seems attendance as increased the past two years. '08 has been the best so far so I suppose we should all be thankful for that. :)

Your assertion that "It doesn't matter what country they come from." may be true on levels other than fiscal though.

Well what makes this fest so great is that it is a festival.
The combination of great bands not only entices local goers, but out of state ppl like me as well. If I feel that I can make do without going to the concerts by seeing the bands on other divided tours, then that would deter me from going.
Bringing in an out of country band is an instant drawer especially if it doesn't have a NA tour on support initially, Like SuidAkra at first.

While there are bands that will be touring the ones that are not coming to Michigan would be an instant grab for Powerfest enticements.....Kreator for example, Many Michigan metalheads who looked forward to the KD/Kreator tour would be interested in a metalfest with currently unattainable bands, or

I hope this isn't a double post but given the time from the last post and the importance of this 1 leads to the good old BUMP!

I can confirm that Pyramaze is interested in playing in CPF 09!

So, if GateXII and Chris want to consider the band, then I'd be happy to do my part to bring them over. I may have to take some money out of my savings account but right now i don't give a damn.
I WILL SPONSOR PYRAMAZE!

that and try to convince others to come to CPF under that motivation and even try to find more sponsors.

Any1 else interested should contact me, Guthix, or Pyramaze themselves to show we want such a prolific band to play.

^^^

Just curious....who is actually singing for them now? If it were Barlow that would do the show, it's a no brainer & let's talk!! Otherwise, it probably won't happen for the next one...but let me know about the singer anyway...you never know. ;)

And you guys can call me Rob...damn it! :p :lol: