links

rahvin said:
:yuk: stupid person using my screen name.
I´ve seen it in other places as well... what is it, really?

EDIT: and of course I could have checked the "explain your stuff" thread at once, but that wouldn´t have been half as much fun. :rolleyes:

rahvin said:
@delirious: just a sign from above that you have to read the books. and start by checking out this site. ;)
oh, I´m familiar with them and have read the first books, only it was in the mid-90s (omgomg I´m so tr00 :hotjump: ). it did ring a bell when I saw it, though. (so you belong to the bad guys, after all? :confused: )

I´ve decided to let Jordan finish it first, so I shouldn´t have to wait more than a decade or so now. :Smug: and I´ll read it in english, which really wasn´t an option back then.

don´t know what to expect, though. most people seem to agree on that jordan has lost touch with what he´s doing completely and that the latest volumes are more or less crap.

Delirious said:
(so you belong to the bad guys, after all? :confused: )
i'm also already dead, but that second part is just wishful thinking. ;)

I´ve decided to let Jordan finish it first, so I shouldn´t have to wait more than a decade or so now. :Smug: and I´ll read it in english, which really wasn´t an option back then.
good, now there's a plan for your retirement years! :D

don´t know what to expect, though. most people seem to agree on that jordan has lost touch with what he´s doing completely and that the latest volumes are more or less crap.
oh, don't get me and ben started on this topic. basically, nothing at all happens (except for one major event) in books eight to ten. and now there's a "prologue" novel coming out of the blue (literally, since it involves moiraine) just to postpone some more the moment when it will be obvious mr. rj has no idea about how this story is going to end.
still, i'm too affectionate now to stop enjoying it, even if it is boring.

rahvin said:
i'm also already dead, but that second part is just wishful thinking. ;)
well, it´s only the good die young, isn´t it? ;)

rahvin said:
good, now there's a plan for your retirement years! :D
oh, I´m not sure they allow that kind of literature at the asylum :rolleyes:

rahvin said:
oh, don't get me and ben started on this topic. basically, nothing at all happens (except for one major event) in books eight to ten. and now there's a "prologue" novel coming out of the blue (literally, since it involves moiraine) just to postpone some more the moment when it will be obvious mr. rj has no idea about how this story is going to end.
still, i'm too affectionate now to stop enjoying it, even if it is boring.
he´s created a monster, the poor guy.
now let´s hope he gives up completely at volume 56; another day in the life of an apple on a compost heap - part 2 and we´ll have medievally dressed youth furiously ravaging the streets. that´d be fun. :)
if it is as bad as I´ve got the impression it is he´s got himself into quite a situation. it´s just too damn huge and too many expectations to get away with anything but a spectacular finish.

I still maintain that Jordan needs to kill at least 50% of the characters in a flood, then tie any remaining plots together and just start again.
But that's just me.

I think he'll churn it out to keep making money, I'm suspicious of anyone whose already sold mini-series rights, has organised for a graphic novel of New Spring to be released, sanctioned a role-playing game, a computer game, cuddly trolloc toys and a soundtrack. Let's face it. Mr Jordan is in it for the money, and it would seem from the past few books, only the money.

Caelestia said:
And just why haven't you taught me any? :mad:
now now.. what kind of person would I be if I were to teach you such obscenities and corrupt your innocent mind..
wink.gif