List 5 best rythmguitar productions

jamesboyd said:
dino's guitars sequenced? don't think so :erk:

maybe copy and pasted on later albums but not 'sequenced'- is that even possible?

you can se him laying down rhythm guitars on the making of 'digimortal' and he can nail that shit.
I actually remember reading a quote from him a long time ago saying "I'm clean, but my computer's cleaner."

From what I have heard, I thought he did 'sequence' his parts in a way.

Freak Guitar said:
I actually remember reading a quote from him a long time ago saying "I'm clean, but my computer's cleaner."

From what I have heard, I thought he did 'sequence' his parts in a way.

Dino is a really solid player, but he probably does what everyone else does these days - chop up the parts into subdivisions and sync the palm muted chugs with the kick drums.

Easy to do if you're re-amping...

But James would be able to answer this more accurately/specifically. :)

you know - it's easy to chop bass parts....drum parts, vocals, etc...but - how do you chop guitar parts? (or when you say easy to do when you're reamping, do you mean you're chopping up the D.I. guitar parts? and if that's the case...I could have sworn I read somewhere that you really shouldn't be doing that...in fact, it may have been james who said that..)

Let's keep this thread alive! :)

I will try not to mention already mentioned bands/albums

Alarum - Eventuality (one of my fave tones)
Theory In Practice - Colonizing tha sun
Disillusion - Back to times of splendour (another one of my fave tones)
Lamb of God - Ashes of the awake
Nevermore - Politics of ecstazy (yet another one of my fave tones)

I like Opeth's "Deliverance" tone when he's running through the more mid-rangy riffs...

always liked Chuck Schuldiner's high and lead tone

Dark Tranquillity's new one sounds pretty damned good I think...