Listen to Tie My Rope here...

After listening to the song about 15 times now I have to say I really like it! It's hard to believe that anyone who enjoyed the HCDR or AYDY albums as a whole could dislike the chorus or the heavy riffing. I never expected COB to win back all the power metal fans who hates everything they've released after 2001 with this song or the upcoming album, but the fans who have enjoyed the bands development and sound in recent years should like this as much as I do!

And btw, I've been listening to this band for 7 years, which I bet is longer than 95% of the people on this board, and I love the earlier albums aswell. I can see this song fit in perfectly between older songs at a live setting and I'm really excited for the rest of the album. This is very likely one of the more straight-forward, catchier songs and I'm sure the rest of the album will have as much variation between the songs as the past ones.

COB is definitly not dead yet.

EDIT: Can't wait to hear this song with a better sound quality.

Mmm it's not bad, I thought the keyboards sounded pretty cool, but yeah. It's kinda weird... Just listened to it 3 times and yeah, it's not really doing nothing for me atm. Just have to wait and see what the album is gonna turn out like.

I'm guessing the singing sounds the way Alexi sings live these days? There's no extra effort because this is not the final version. I'm sure the singing will change for the album. And Alexi was pissed of the guitar sound in AYDY, I'm sure he'd like to have extra effort on that. Remains to be seen.

Is the chorus boring?

^Just yesterday I made a post where I stated my wish that the new material would not have those boring choruses anymore.

Well maybe songs like Silent Night & Everytime I Die have a concept where the song is good all way thru, but for example I think songs like AYDY & PMIB have a chorus just to fill in the song, whereas for example Children Of Decadence is all about the chorus.. But I'd love some powerful choruses.

For me theres something which connects the parts of the song. When you hear SNBN it matches all together. But this song sounds for me like a medley of 5 songs.

The song is not that bad. But i hate it like AYDY because I know that they can make better music.

After listening to the song about 15 times now I have to say I really like it! It's hard to believe that anyone who enjoyed the HCDR or AYDY albums as a whole could dislike the chorus or the heavy riffing. I never expected COB to win back all the power metal fans who hates everything they've released after 2001 with this song or the upcoming album, but the fans who have enjoyed the bands development and sound in recent years should like this as much as I do!

And btw, I've been listening to this band for 7 years, which I bet is longer than 95% of the people on this board, and I love the earlier albums aswell. I can see this song fit in perfectly between older songs at a live setting and I'm really excited for the rest of the album. This is very likely one of the more straight-forward, catchier songs and I'm sure the rest of the album will have as much variation between the songs as the past ones.

COB is definitly not dead yet.

EDIT: Can't wait to hear this song with a better sound quality.

I agree. I really like this sogn and I too am excited for the album to come out.
It's a good headbanging song imo, and I think this is way better than any song on AYDY?...the solos aren't that great though.

I Actually like the song very much. Beginning reminds me about Trashed, lost and strungout. But i can't do anything about it that next riff after intro reminds me about Killswitch Engage Song that name i cant remember. Though The song is pretty good after listening many,many times There is nice riffs, nice keyboards, damn nice solo. Sounds lot better than aydy, though i liked aydy much. The Melody which starts 2.08 or some like that before Alexi starts singing is damn good. And The Riff After That. Damn.

^Now this sounds good! If it's better than any AYDY song, I'll probably like it :cool: 3 hours to go and I'll hear it.. I'm expecting it to be pretty bad tho, I refuse to think it will be good cuz I know I'd be let down.

The song isn't that bad but isn't that great either. It does seem to revolve around the same style as AYDY but I guess that's what I expected. It is a bit of a dissapointment but I'm sure i'll end up finding the album a listenable one nontheless.

wow that sucks so hard.

I HATE THOSE FUCKING AMERICAN HARDCORE VOCALS SO MUCH!!!

Why can't he go back to the old-style growls and screams as on Something Wild/Hatebreeder?

It's like a totally different band now :erk:.

The opening riff reminds me a Chokehold ... Not bad ... but i hope on album will be better version of this song .
I don't know if it's just about bad quality, but to me it seems like it's badly mixed ...
And i also hope on album will be better songs as well ...