Listen to Tie My Rope here...

I know the whole AYDY stuff and the new Bodom is really pissing people off but it's still Cob. Their still the old drunken Bastards they used to be. And thats how we liked em right? I dont think people should make such a scene about their new stuff, yah maybe its not as great and "Agressive" as the 90's but deal with it. Their still kick ass dudes.

I know the whole AYDY stuff and the new Bodom is really pissing people off but it's still Cob. Their still the old drunken Bastards they used to be. And thats how we liked em right? I dont think people should make such a scene about their new stuff, yah maybe its not as great and "Agressive" as the 90's but deal with it. Their still kick ass dudes.

I agree. They might still be kick ass dudes, but their music isn't as kick ass as it used be. I still like it, but I know Alexi can write better music. that's what pisses me off a bit.

Well I can say about Tie My Rope I don't like that whammying Alexi does during the solo, not that it sounds bad, but it's like he's filling in where should be shredding. Nothing wrong with it, just that I know there's not much effort required to do that for a guitarist...

As for the philosophy about old and new Bodom, that discussion could go on and on ending up nowhere. Bands have to evolve. They've come to a different period. They want to get heavier, and even if they wanted to keep up doing that classical style it would not necessarily fit with the heavy sound.

they will NOT change, read it in their last interview too...
We will put more American influences in our music - Alexi

I HEARD IT! I HEARD TIE MY ROPE!:D FOUND IT ON YOUTUBE! Its pretty awesome...weird beginning and a bit chokeholdish solo...it was different but awesome. Vocals were a bit more growling than STHLM Knockout and that pleased me but they werent great...i bet he puts more efford into them on the real album version :D

Wait, wtf, the guitar tuning is on D? I think it's same as on AYDY but someone said this.. That one riff is much like the one on Living Dead Beat and sounds like it's in same tuning.. But HCDR is in D except for Sixpounder and Angels Don't Kill? I'm no guitarist..

^^I Dont hear that kinda stuff but i guess its Drop C but IF IT IS in D then its surely not gonna be AYDY Chugging away

And there was some shredding solo too but it was short :D

As for the philosophy about old and new Bodom, that discussion could go on and on ending up nowhere. Bands have to evolve. They've come to a different period. They want to get heavier, and even if they wanted to keep up doing that classical style it would not necessarily fit with the heavy sound.
Finally a post by Joonas that I can agree with :) Seriously, the massive old > new CoB whining is getting a bit old itself. It's like when AYDY was released all over again, except that now the "new sound" shouldn't be a surprise to anyone anymore.

(But yes - everybody has a right to an opinion, I'm not trying to force anyone to like the new CoB).