Listening to thread???

rebirth

spacestation '76film
Apr 11, 2004
hell
hey all,

what are you playing on heavy rotation???

me = new testament, very best of ub 40, theshold newie,new steve vai, new sej,new little caesear, new katatonia,django django, diary of dreams 2009,beadfish newie and old,david bowie rise and fall,abney park 2012...

cya

Abney park has new stuff? gotta check that out

Recently the line up has been consisting of a the whole spectrum of Warrel (Sanctuary, nevermore, Serpents knight), Lefay, Merciful fate & king diamond, Therion, Amon amarth, eric Jonson, Joe Satriani, Lacuna coil, communic Agalloch, Windir, Iron maiden, coheed and cambria, Omnia, Gotye, walk off the earth, Glass pinata, Dio (primarily holy diver), Celldweller, The gathering, Godsmack, deadsy, chevelle...

~Also listened to the new katatonia, seem to be getting less heavy though as usual enjoyed it.

I hate to say the new Gojira is not my Album of the Year so far, but the true fact is just that I have really been loving nothing more than the new Borknagar.

300px-Swedishchef-myspace.jpg

I dunno what's wrong with me. So many albums from bands I like this year have failed to grab hold. This year I've gotten new stuff from Testament, Anthrax, Rush, Shinedown, Jeff, Big Wreck and Overkill. A nice cross of different rock and metal bands. So far nothing has grabbed me and I still go back to the first Shadow album after spinning that thing for 11 years. Not sure if it's the music or me.

I dunno what's wrong with me. So many albums from bands I like this year have failed to grab hold. This year I've gotten new stuff from Testament, Anthrax, Rush, Shinedown, Jeff, Big Wreck and Overkill. A nice cross of different rock and metal bands. So far nothing has grabbed me and I still go back to the first Shadow album after spinning that thing for 11 years. Not sure if it's the music or me.

It's the music. This has just been a slow year. Additionally, most bands that I like are getting old and losing their touch. Seems like many bands have plateaued and stopped evolving. However, there seems to be some promising albums coming up. I'm looking forward to the new BTBAM and Daylight Dies album coming out October 9th. 2013 looks like it should be a good year for music.

Junius. They're touring with Katatonia and Alcest this year...can't wait. They're like the best parts of Deftones' choruses meets Katatonia meets Morrissey. Love this band.

Last edited by a moderator: