Live in Raleigh, NC

Kusanagi

New Metal Member
Feb 6, 2006
Chapel Hill, NC
Hello, this is my first post overall here, but I've been reading the forums quite frequently. Anyways, I'm going to my first Opeth concert this Wednesday (February 15) and I just can't wait! Opeth has been my favorite band for quite some time and this Wednesday is surely going to be an experince for me.

So my question over all is, who here is going to attend this concert?

damnit, i want to be there so badly....bt no, i have to work...they gave me the day AFTER off...and the day before valentines....they know how to piss me off...

i've got 3 huge exams this week AND i'm up in Boone...driving back up the moutain at 3 AM in the ice and snow will be fun.

yeah i'm still going. FUCK YEAH

Kenneth R. said:
nice username :)
Thank you ^_^

Sanzen said:
i've got 3 huge exams this week AND i'm up in Boone...driving back up the moutain at 3 AM in the ice and snow will be fun.

yeah i'm still going. FUCK YEAH
That is some serious dedication man and rock on for it!. I'd do all of that for Opeth easy. This is going to be an awesome show, I'm so psyched.

Definetly a great username to the thread starter...

First post....Yep, gonna be there. Two of my favorite bands playing too!

I'm curious though.. out of all the places in the states to go to, why start the tour in North Carolina? What ever the reason, it's an honor for sure.. Though I still wish they would play a little bit closer to home (Though Raleigh isn't too far off.. it's still a little bit of a drive) like at the local Cats Cradle

I'll be at the show.

According the Lincoln Theatre website, Dark Tranquility has cancelled....

Maybe Opeth will play a longer set?

Kusanagi said:
I'm curious though.. out of all the places in the states to go to, why start the tour in North Carolina?

i was thinking that as well, seeing as (IIRC) almost every show last tour...til north carolina....was sold out...and then after (the bible belt) i dont remember seeing ANY shows sold out.

The Evil Toucan said:
Devin Townsend opens

Yes, I know that....all three bands were supposed to play.

Now that it's down to 2, I'm wondering if one band will play longer, or if they'll cut the show short.

Necromantic-Hiko said:
i was thinking that as well, seeing as (IIRC) almost every show last tour...til north carolina....was sold out...and then after (the bible belt) i dont remember seeing ANY shows sold out.
A friend of mine tried buying tickets last night on etix.. and he said that etix said the show was sold out. Maybe that'll change now that Dark Tranquility has canceled...

Edit: I just went to the lincoln theatre website, and it lists the show as sold out.

Kusanagi said:
A friend of mine tried buying tickets last night on etix.. and he said that etix said the show was sold out. Maybe that'll change now that Dark Tranquility has canceled...

Edit: I just went to the lincoln theatre website, and it lists the show as sold out.

damn.

i guess it was that way due to the location last time?