Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scorpion

New Metal Member
Jan 24, 2003
Istanbul
Visit site
I*m a real Opeth FANATIC but I have to say I*m alittle disappointed with live performance of Opeth.Not technical heh mimical performance with body language.They are a little rookie*bout using their mimics*n body language.:D They*re great in playing but have to learn a lot from Ozzy to control the crowd.If they try to watch one or more concerts of Ozzy they*ll learn much to transform audiences into roaring beasts:mad: Not a bad idea ha?Agreed?:cool: I advice
barking to the moon NOTE:I*m listening to blackwater park*n I think it*s the greatest album I*ve ever listened even beter than deliverance;)

Originally posted by Scorpion
I*m a real Opeth FANATIC but I have to say I*m alittle disappointed with live performance of Opeth.Not technical heh mimical performance with body language.They are a little rookie*bout using their mimics*n body language.:D They*re great in playing but have to learn a lot from Ozzy to control the crowd.If they try to watch one or more concerts of Ozzy they*ll learn much to transform audiences into roaring beasts:mad: Not a bad idea ha?Agreed?:cool: I advice
barking to the moon NOTE:I*m listening to blackwater park*n I think it*s the greatest album I*ve ever listened even beter than deliverance;)

Sorry - I disagree with you. True Opethians need nothing but the music - no pomp, no circumstance. Their music is amazing, and the show I saw in Worcester was simply mesmerizing.

To me, a "simple" stage performance shows me the band is confident that their music will speak volumes, and it did. Opeth is not about roaring beasts, but about a breed of metalheads slightly different than the rest - musically astute, not looking for stage glamour. It's ALL about the music.

Originally posted by metalmancpa
Sorry - I disagree with you. True Opethians need nothing but the music - no pomp, no circumstance. Their music is amazing, and the show I saw in Worcester was simply mesmerizing.

To me, a "simple" stage performance shows me the band is conficent that their music will speak volumes, and it did. Opeth is not about roaring beasts, but about a breed of metalheads slightly different than the rest - musically astute, not looking for stage glamour. It's ALL about the music.

Excactly!

Originally posted by metalmancpa

To me, a "simple" stage performance shows me the band is confident that their music will speak volumes, and it did. Opeth is not about roaring beasts, but about a breed of metalheads slightly different than the rest - musically astute, not looking for stage glamour. It's ALL about the music.

I got your point but I've actually meant that a real rocker group is derived from the combination of a great musical harmony accompanied by confident performers.I really understand that it's not an easy job to play in front of hundreds, but if they do that my opeth silhouette shall be clearer and more effective.I'm not only a listener, I also want my favourite group to perform a better stage show to really make us live the moment.Do I want a fortune in the depths of an ocean?

Originally posted by Morgour
ozzy is a fucking twat. opeth its all about the music , you dont need fireworks going off and shit.

I didn't want the fu**ing shit I've only wanted more confidence at the stage.Your feelings'bout Ozzy are not my business, but there would be no Opeth if there wasn't a crazy rocker like Ozzy:mad:

I saw Opeth in autumn '01 and they kicked ass, though Mikael couldn't sing cause he had problems with his voice. But it was just fucking awsome to hear and see them playing. And Scorpion it has something to do with the atmosphere of the music :) You can't expect wild guys performing very atmospheric music, music that only can be understood if you listen carefully. Ozzy's music is simple and easy to get into... Or just look at the singer of The (International) Noise Conspiracy if you wanna see a freak who jumps and dances all the time during the show :p Opeth is a totaly different kind.... compareable to Tool or Katatonia.... all their music lives on letting it get through you, letting it ban you from your environment but in a sensitive way, it's no Rock'n'Roll or something... that's the point. :>
And to support that feeling these bands do their gigs without any show :)

edit: hm but when I saw them, the band and the crowd was headbanging as hell to Demon of the Fall hehe

ozzy is a fucking twat. opeth its all about the music , you dont need fireworks going off and shit.

I agree.

By being like Ozzy does that mean you want Mike to sing completely out of key and make it blatantly obvious that he's fucking senile like Ozzy or something? Or better still, be forced to use the microphone stand a s a fuckin zimmer frame?

Originally posted by Scorpion
I got your point but I've actually meant that a real rocker group is derived from the combination of a great musical harmony accompanied by confident performers.I really understand that it's not an easy job to play in front of hundreds, but if they do that my opeth silhouette shall be clearer and more effective.I'm not only a listener, I also want my favourite group to perform a better stage show to really make us live the moment.Do I want a fortune in the depths of an ocean?

I think that's where we differ - I don't consider Opeth a "rocker" group. Not that this implies mainstream, but to me, a rocker is what you're looking for: a blend of musical harmony and a visual stage presence beyond the performers themselves. When I listen to Opeth, I can't picture them anything more than 4 guys engulfing themselves in their music, and engulfing you in the process. That feeling needs nothing visual - although just watching them perform, and pinching myself that I actually saw them - that's enough visual for me. :)

Originally posted by Bleakest Harvest
I agree.

By being like Ozzy does that mean you want Mike to sing completely out of key and make it blatantly obvious that he's fucking senile like Ozzy or something? Or better still, be forced to use the microphone stand a s a fuckin zimmer frame?

I don't want Mikael to be Ozzy himself cos' that's not possible and one Ozzy is enough for this world.I just want him to continue his headbang at least until the end of his guitar solo when he starts headbanging.He fells into the solo by looking at the keyboard of his guitar and forgets headbanging ,then he remembers it and starts at visually the worst time to start, in other words, he starts in the middle of his solo.That f**ks my concentration up.:mad: I agree his songs are long and technical but that's not a reason for a rocker as talent as him.I don't have any concentration problems with other members of the band they're rocking pretty well.And at last I want Mikael to have better communication with the crowd.His recent communication is same with Kurt Cobain:just sayin ''hello!that song is 'when drappery falls'' at start and ''thanks,bye'' at the end.That's too much cool, more than needed.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by locutos
edit: hm but when I saw them, the band and the crowd was headbanging as hell to Demon of the Fall hehe [/B]

:lol: What the hell I've just looked at Mike at the time he has started his headbang at worst time and I've lost my inspire to continue my headbang which was fu**ed up by the will to lough at my knees meh!

god opeth was GREAT on stage, they dont need alot of stage presence, the music does it for them, but yea mikael wasnt very vocal between the songs except for demon of the fall when he was like alright motherfuckers i wanna see some crazy ass moshing and stage dives goin on here, they were actually letting people get up on stage and what not, it was awesome, martin (L) got hit in the face with a shoe, lol, he was ok tho he was laughing about it and joking around with us, mikeal almost got a fat lip from the mic from some stupidhead that jumped up on stage and hit it, it was funny tho cause then the security guard ran out on stage and thru this kid out into the crowd, the only one that the security guards did anything to, lol

Originally posted by Bleakest Harvest
I agree.

No ,being like Ozzy ,he could use more words than three or four each time to communicate with the crowd(Mike just says ''uh!hello''-nothing between the songs- and ''thanks!good bye'')I want him to have a better communication with the crowd not jumping like a chimpanzee by crying ''ooh maan!I'm fuc*in craazyy!!'' He cannot do it with his current charisma as well as Ozzy and I meant to start headbanging at the correct time, not in the middle of a solo at the start at least.

Originally posted by Lacent
god opeth was GREAT on stage, they dont need alot of stage presence, the music does it for them, but yea mikael wasnt very vocal between the songs except for demon of the fall when he was like alright motherfuckers i wanna see some crazy ass moshing and stage dives goin on here, they were actually letting people get up on stage and what not, it was awesome, martin (L) got hit in the face with a shoe, lol, he was ok tho he was laughing about it and joking around with us, mikeal almost got a fat lip from the mic from some stupidhead that jumped up on stage and hit it, it was funny tho cause then the security guard ran out on stage and thru this kid out into the crowd, the only one that the security guards did anything to, lol

Exactly hehe:lol: