Live rhytam guitar?

tomaz

New Metal Member
May 27, 2007
I wonder how Symphony X would sound live with an extra guitarist who would play only the rhytam parts an maybe some harmonies?I think it would kick ass.:headbang:
P.S.only live shows, like Rhapsody does

They'd sound exactly like hte albums.

On his bio, it says that Russ used to play guitar, so I used to wonder what it would be like if Russ played Rhythm guitar while singing, but that would be kinda hard considering that some of Sym X's riffs are hard to play while singing.

its not necessary, but it would be interesting to see for a few shows... and russ playe on Atomic Soul quite a bit I believe.

I haven't seen Symphony X live yet, but I've seen videos. I believe Romeo can handle the guitars well enough himself. Another live guitarist could work on some parts maybe, but overall, there is no need.

There would be too much in the mix if they used two guitars live.

Detective said it all. I think this thread can be closed. :D

They'd sound exactly like hte albums.

On his bio, it says that Russ used to play guitar, so I used to wonder what it would be like if Russ played Rhythm guitar while singing, but that would be kinda hard considering that some of Sym X's riffs are hard to play while singing.

Nevermind hard to play while singing, some of the riffs are just too hard to play, Romeo is a monster!

I think it would sound awful, since it would cover up Lepond's awesome and intricate bass lines. It would also make the sound very muddy.

I think I agree in terms of the mudiness, the more instruments involved, the harder it is to find a balance. When I saw haggard the balance was all wrong for their entire set, I feel sorry for their soundman, where do you begin with that many instruments!

Yeah, Russell is quite good at guitar, but his style is not like Romeo's at all (which I personally think is a good thing). If you listen to Atomic Soul (which Russell wrote and recorded a large portion of on guitar) you can get a feel for Russell's style: it's more bluesy, gritty, and without, well...any neoclassical flavor.

Would I like to see Russell playing guitar? Hell yeah! Just not with Symphony X.

I still wish there was an Atomic Soul tour. I'd pay hundreds.

It would probably sound muddy in some songs, but Romeo put up some great rhytam guitar in certain songs which when played live without a rhytam guitar sound a bit empty.I think that the other guitar should play only few parts not a whole song.Example, the beggining of "Egypt" without that strong power chord sounds a bit strange.Btw, it would totaly suck if Russ played guitar live.It's not Bon Jovi.