Symphony X unplugged?

Krondor

Jan 16, 2008
Finland
Has Symphony X ever done an acoustic live show? I think it'd be totally awesome! Allens voice would be cool with acoustic stuff. The arrangements could be tricky but still I think they should do one! :)

Okay, now here's an idea that is worth considering. I'm really sick of all the orchestra suggestions. It just falls flat.

But an acoustic set would really be a new aspect to the music that hasn't been shown before.

But what about unplugged with an orchestra? Lol. They'd probably at least need a second guitarist if they go with Pinnella just on piano.

It would be cool. I'd love to see it. Unplugged shows have often been my favorite performances for many of my favorite artists. They could do creative interpretations of just about anything, but what songs do you think would naturally work in acoustic arrangements? Lady of the Snow would sound amazing with very little changes made to it.

Sorry I just don't see it working considering their style and songs, and the opposite is true for the "orchestral suggestions". (duh, they're called Symphony X for a reason)

Releasing a V-like album - i.e. a less heavy, more dynamic and polished album - would be a more appropriate "break from the current metal phase" than some acoustic album/show that obviously does not translate well to their particular style of metal music.

Sorry I just don't see it working considering their style and songs, and the opposite is true for the "orchestral suggestions". (duh, they're called Symphony X for a reason)
Disagreed. A lot of the ballad-ish songs would work just fine and they could go the Pain of Salvation or Metallica route and completely change up the arrangements for other songs.

Sorry I just don't see it working considering their style and songs, and the opposite is true for the "orchestral suggestions". (duh, they're called Symphony X for a reason).

Yeah, as far as I know symphony has something to do with orchestra doesn't it?

Disagreed. A lot of the ballad-ish songs would work just fine and they could go the Pain of Salvation or Metallica route and completely change up the arrangements for other songs.

By the way, what the hell are Metallica and Pain of Salvation? :lol::lol::lol:

But what about unplugged with an orchestra? Lol. They'd probably at least need a second guitarist if they go with Pinnella just on piano.

It would be cool. I'd love to see it. Unplugged shows have often been my favorite performances for many of my favorite artists. They could do creative interpretations of just about anything, but what songs do you think would naturally work in acoustic arrangements? Lady of the Snow would sound amazing with very little changes made to it.

That's the whole point dude. DIFFERENT arrangement to suit the style. Again, fuck orchestra. Think outside the narrow groove, people.

Stripped down, acoustic, new arrangements. It would sell well.

And you guys ratting on PoS, fuck you guys too. 12:5 is a masterpiece.

I'm not sure how well it would work, and given their recent "metul for the kiddies lulz" phase, I don't see them doing something that is so light and experimental. Plus I don't see MJR taking the time to re-arrange the half-ballad tracks to be played acoustically. I would love to hear it, but I don't think it's their style.

The things they'd have to leave out are the things they excel at. For some bands this is a great idea, for Symphony X not so much.

A live orchestra DVD is a more suitable "different" thing for this band, but not so much for some other bands.

How is an unplugged album different anyway? Isn't that one of the most eyerolling cliches in the world? When I found out Marillion did it I almost vomited out of disgust, you'd think they'd have more taste